over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Do You Stretch?

Not enough :(
I get more out of myofascial release, so I always do some of that for warmups.

I do now... After working an IT job for 20+ years (sitting) and even worse, for last decade from home, I sit all day.
My hams, lower-back and hips are now garbage when it comes to flexibility.

2 days a week now I go in, I use the "turf room" and do a 20-minute conditioning session. (Intervals, etc).
Airdyne, farmers walk, sled drags, etc. After that, I stretch out very good. MY favorite thing is to hold light d-bells, and lean FWD while sitting on a utility-bench.
Lower-back and hams have gotten so much better in a month, its night/day. I throw in some hip stretches. I limp around in much less pain after SQ and DL days now.

yes I do but it reminds me of old offensive line coach who was with browns I think..he was against stretching but he had funny quote
" we won 2 world wars without stretching"

I should do it.... But don't have enough time

Thing is that i should stretch at the end but my workouts last 2h and i don't have time.... Ok i should do it but ....
I just think it's interesting that it's essentially the same behavior that people that don't work out and obese have. They always claim they don't have time right. And here we are doing it. Just goes to show we're all human maybe?

I do more stretching and mobility work than resistance training these days. It's to a point in life where it has to take priority if I want to be in my 50's to 70s with minimal pain and good mobility to stay active. I'm 43 now. Had I started even 5 years ago on the regular, I'd be lifting much heavier into my latter 40's than I am now.

For those that don't have time. Youtube a few "7 minute daily mobility" or "quick daily stretching routine" etc. Write down a few of the movements, put them together and watch a podcast while you do them. Its a start, it will be effective, and you won't miss a thing during your day. The better you get at executing the few movements you put together will pique your interest and you'll ultimately expand the sessions, most likely.
If you're lifting intense enough and heavy enough, you'll absolutely regret delaying mobility as part of your program

yes, it is a must for me, if i do a little each day or at a minimum eod i dont need to spend a lot of time on it, i also throw in a couple of minutes of rolling and massage gun work.

Yes. As part of my warm-ups I'll go through internal/external rotation stretches for my shoulder and lower body days IE/ER, and calf stretches before moving onto more dynamic work.

I also stretch after training a muscle group, similar to DC's extreme stretching.

I try to do dead hangs as often as possible as well, usually 1-3x per day

The studies i have seen over the years point to about 50% showing it helps people avoid injuries and 50% showing it does nothing for avoiding injuries as the vast majority of injuries are in acquired in a normal range of motion. I have spent years stretching daily and got injured and slacked off and would go injury free. I think stretching can have benefit for those that already have an issue and are healing or want to maintain the range of motion they have. But i tend to think that increasing ones range of motion may also set them up for injury as they may try something at that greater range witch would open the door to injury in a less stable plane.

The studies i have seen over the years point to about 50% showing it helps people avoid injuries and 50% showing it does nothing for avoiding injuries as the vast majority of injuries are in acquired in a normal range of motion. I have spent years stretching daily and got injured and slacked off and would go injury free. I think stretching can have benefit for those that already have an issue and are healing or want to maintain the range of motion they have. But i tend to think that increasing ones range of motion may also set them up for injury as they may try something at that greater range witch would open the door to injury in a less stable plane.
Anecdotal but stretching for my injury prevention has nothing to do with extended or extending ranges of motion. Seems to keep me from getting hurt or reduce severity of injury in normal activities. Maybe it's just moving around more and loosening up from getting older but seems to do a ton for me and if placebo I'll happily ride that horse until it dies.

Anecdotal but stretching for my injury prevention has nothing to do with extended or extending ranges of motion. Seems to keep me from getting hurt or reduce severity of injury in normal activities. Maybe it's just moving around more and loosening up from getting older but seems to do a ton for me and if placebo I'll happily ride that horse until it dies.
I think people should do what they think works. I got interested in yoga and stretching over 50 years ago. And have done it on and off since then and have metal rods in my back and a chunk of titanium for a shoulder. 25 years ago after having shoulder issues for years i went and got ART therapy and increased my range of motion and soon finished tearing my supraspinatus and infraspinatus off the bone in the enhanced range of motion i acquired. Now i stretch to keep the range of motion in my artificial shoulder and do the other one which is still wearing out.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws