over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EAA's & Ketosis

FK86

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Would consuming 10-20 g of EAA's with no carbohydrates intra workout knock someone out of ketosis?

Why are you concerned with temporarily being knocked out of ketosis.

Key word : TEMPORARILY

Why are you concerned with temporarily being knocked out of ketosis.

Key word : TEMPORARILY

If it's temporary, I'm not. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it can "snap back" so to speak and not fuck up days or weeks worth of work. You and @NY Muscle are the keto masters on this board and I was hoping one or both of you would chime in.

If it's temporary, I'm not. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it can "snap back" so to speak and not fuck up days or weeks worth of work. You and @NY Muscle are the keto masters on this board and I was hoping one or both of you would chime in.
You are in and out of ketosis more than you know, fat burning is still taking place as long as you are in a low carb environment, hell some people can eat 50 grams of carbs and still maintain ketosis. Just stick to a low carb environment and don't stress over ketones or ketosis, if your excersising and eating a very low carb diet you are nailing it!

You are in and out of ketosis more than you know, fat burning is still taking place as long as you are in a low carb environment, hell some people can eat 50 grams of carbs and still maintain ketosis. Just stick to a low carb environment and don't stress over ketones or ketosis, if your excersising and eating a very low carb diet you are nailing it!

Thanks for your input 👊

If you're really that concerned, there're EAAs formulas lower in glucogenic amino acids and higher in ketogenic amino acids made for this very same purpose. Worth it or not.

Just curious, what's your need or want to always be in ketosis? I love low carb diets, but I've found you don't necessarily need to be anal about being in ketosis to still reap most of the benefits. If your concern is fat adaptation, they can take place completely independent of one another so long as your carbs remain low and you know for a fact that you're sufficiently running through them. At that point, your body really has no other option than to start using fat for energy. Mind you, some do find it best to really stick to keto in order to get to that point the fastest possible way. But as @b-boy said, your body on lower carbs is constantly shifting in and out, anyway, and there's really no 'magic' to ketosis.

Gluconeogenesis is limited to a conversion rate of about 5g/hr. Considering you're already burning up glycogen and ketones during an intense workout, I doubt some EAA's are going to bump you out of ketosis.

Take it with borberine or use metformin. If you're worried about it. But any that is converted to glucose will be used in your workout and if you're fat adapted you won't even notice.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131