advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Easier to maintain weight/muscle mass on TRT?

tank74

Registered
Ok, may be a dumb question, but i wanted to hear from you guys.

I am 38 and looking into some therapy. Recent blood panel still pending. My last one was in the 300s. I am 5'11" 218, 15%

it has been getting harder and harder to maintain muscle mass, cut fat, or make any progress. I know I may be at my genetic potential. I drop muscle like crazy and adjust my calories to maintain, but usually only put on fat.

Thoughts?

Sounds like if your T levels are in the 300's you have figured it out already :) if you get your T levels up in normal range muscle mass will be easier to maintain. Now you and the dr just have to figure out why your levels are low so you can have an effective treatment plan

Yes HRT definitely helps with maintaining muscle. It's a balancing act in the beginning though fine tuning so have some patience, find a good Dr, and best of luck!

Thanks ^^

I do suspect this to be the case, but wondering if some of you had the same symptoms and they changed/improved?

Last edited:
Yep, I had all the classic symptoms, and yes after we were able to get the T lvls up to high normal without throwing my Estradiol out of whack, it's been great for me. Just said have a little patience and learn all you can so you can work with your Dr to get a protocol that works for you.

I put on 20 solid pounds in the first few months of trt. I maintained myself at about 12%bf so yeah, trt makes it much easier to keep muscle.

I am 38 and looking into some therapy. Recent blood panel still pending. My last one was in the 300s. I am 5'11" 218, 15%

it has been getting harder and harder to maintain muscle mass, cut fat, or make any progress. I know I may be at my genetic potential. I drop muscle like crazy and adjust my calories to maintain, but usually only put on fat.

Thoughts?

welcome to the club

I am 41....similar stats

now I blast and cruise

was 232 this past winter and strong as an ox....now leaning out and feeling and looking great

night and day difference.. tired, lethargic, moody, increased BF, weight loss etc. all dramatically improved after TRT...

Yes HRT definitely helps with maintaining muscle. It's a balancing act in the beginning though fine tuning so have some patience, find a good Dr, and best of luck!

Bump.... Good doc specializing in HRT very important!

got my bloods back. 2 weeks after completion of PCT.

TESTOS F/LCMS . . . . 104.0 (35.0-155.0) pg/mL
TESTOS T/LCMS . . . . 361 (250-1100) ng/dL

Actually still a bump higher than before cycle. What does the free test level mean to me?

Last edited:
got my bloods back. 2 weeks after completion of PCT.

TESTOS F/LCMS . . . . 104.0 (35.0-155.0) pg/mL
TESTOS T/LCMS . . . . 361 (250-1100) ng/dL

Actually still a bump higher than before cycle. What does the free test level mean to me?

Two weeks after PCT is too soon to believe your Test numbers. If you were using a SERM, which you most likely were, it was still active in your system. This will artificially inflate your Test readings.

You may have trouble maintaining a physique built on 3G of test per week on just TRT, but yes, you can build and keep more than otherwise.

Thoughts?

300's not great yet not horrible, clinically speaking. You may be able to get a script nonetheless.

...yes, it will become more difficult to maintain lean mass as you age. TRT will most definitely help in this regard.

I put on 20 solid pounds in the first few months of trt. I maintained myself at about 12%bf so yeah, trt makes it much easier to keep muscle.
Same thing happened with me. 20 solid pounds in the first 4 weeks. I didn't even increase my calories @ all. I did ass 60 mg of anavar a day on my own.

This leads me to believe all the people saying you have to eat all this protein and all 5-6 small meals a day are all full of shit. If they were correct then there should have been no way in hell I would have been able to gain this type of weight on basically a vegian (I did eat some dairy by way of eggs and cottage cheese) diet with no extra calories or protein. It makes me sick how the media and all these BS supplement companies are basically just robbing people. Everything is about hormone level.

Same thing happened with me. 20 solid pounds in the first 4 weeks. I didn't even increase my calories @ all. I did ass 60 mg of anavar a day on my own.

This leads me to believe all the people saying you have to eat all this protein and all 5-6 small meals a day are all full of shit. If they were correct then there should have been no way in hell I would have been able to gain this type of weight on basically a vegian (I did eat some dairy by way of eggs and cottage cheese) diet with no extra calories or protein. It makes me sick how the media and all these BS supplement companies are basically just robbing people. Everything is about hormone level.

Congrats on your success. I don't agree, though, with your absolute statement that everything is about hormone levels. Both diet and hormone levels are important to health and muscle building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner