over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elbow pain during pressing movements

eds133

Registered
Lately i have been having a pain in my elbow mainly where it attaches to the Ulna. It has been happening mainly on the military presses. That is really it. Sometimes it happens with incline bench press but i notice if i just do a few more warm up sets it isn't bad.

Should i start using a wrap on the elbow noticing the pain you guys think? or should i just keep on warming up more than usual just to get the area warm?

Ive had to wrap my elbows for almost 2 yrs now.I also do 2x the number of warmup res/sets than I previously did to try to combat the pain. I would try the combination and see if it helps as it did for me. If it doesn't work I would consider talking to your doc and see if you can get something to reduce inflammation.

Ive been having trouble with mine for a year now thinking its just tendonitis it finaly got the the point i wnet to the Dr about it to get a shot and after twisting and pulling and squeezing the fuck out of it he said it wasent tendonitis and would not inject it , we MRI-ed it and its a strained and slightly frayed tricep tendon!!

be very carefull pushing it or you could have a world of trouble. I stopped doing any tri work other than just enough to get a pump and i wrap it good and warm up real well before any pressing for chest (dont work shouldrs) and wrap that bitch with ice after

Ive been having trouble with mine for a year now thinking its just tendonitis it finaly got the the point i wnet to the Dr about it to get a shot and after twisting and pulling and squeezing the fuck out of it he said it wasent tendonitis and would not inject it , we MRI-ed it and its a strained and slightly frayed tricep tendon!!

be very carefull pushing it or you could have a world of trouble. I stopped doing any tri work other than just enough to get a pump and i wrap it good and warm up real well before any pressing for chest (dont work shouldrs) and wrap that bitch with ice after

great advice, when I had elbow pains I did the exact same thing. I didn't go heavy on ANY tri movements and backed down on a lot of pressing movements in regards to weight. It'san injury that takes time to heal. It helped when peps were introduced, helped greatly

great advice, when I had elbow pains I did the exact same thing. I didn't go heavy on ANY tri movements and backed down on a lot of pressing movements in regards to weight. It'san injury that takes time to heal. It helped when peps were introduced, helped greatly

Anything in particular??

I have the same issue, wrapping certianly helps. I also get ART and guasha massage therapy about once a month (wish I could afford it more), which has the biggest impact. I highly suggest seeking out a MT that specializes in athletes. Also, Ibprophen before the workout helps too.

Couple things:
One is you might need to watch for overuse. If you train Chest and triceps on different days in the week you are using them elbows twice a week and they are the weak link for many in the chain. I'm a huge advocate of thoroughly warming up the elbows and shoulders before chest pressing or what not. I've found if I do chest or triceps within 3 days of the other one then I must lighten the load the second time around with rep ranges like 15+ as opposed to sub-8.
I had a particularly bad right elbow/tricep which saw significant improvement with tb500 use.

I have had intermittent elbow pain, too, although mine usually flares up on chest and triceps exercises, not military press. The only thing I would add to the advice above is to try icing it 2-3xs/day to help reduce any inflammation. Don't put the ice on for more than 15 minutes at a time or you could actually make it worse.

Also, if it doesn't resolve in 2 weeks, I recommend seeing a doctor and/or physical therapist.

Good luck!

Hey guys thanks for the advice. I am going to start wrapping it or using a sleeve to keep the area warm and supported. For the time being I am just going to replace the movements where I notice it flare up more. I'll try thi for a few weeks and see if any change happens.

Hey guys thanks for the advice. I am going to start wrapping it or using a sleeve to keep the area warm and supported. For the time being I am just going to replace the movements where I notice it flare up more. I'll try thi for a few weeks and see if any change happens.

Just remember a sleeve is a work around band-aid solution which might temporarily allow for training without discomfort but the underlying cause of the problem is still not addressed and corrected

kwan loong oil reduces a lot of the pain for me.

I use it on my knees as well.

Tellin ya man..

Universals Animal Flex

The stuff works. Had bad tendinitis in both elbows. One Pak a day and two years later ZERO pain. Ive had numerous people use this and most have excellent results. It takes about 2-3 weeks to really work IMO. I think most people take it for a week or two cause they dont feel it working. Give it time.
Good Luck

Lately i have been having a pain in my elbow mainly where it attaches to the Ulna. It has been happening mainly on the military presses. That is really it. Sometimes it happens with incline bench press but i notice if i just do a few more warm up sets it isn't bad.

Should i start using a wrap on the elbow noticing the pain you guys think? or should i just keep on warming up more than usual just to get the area warm?

warm up a little more and try the wraps also salon pass patches would be good to put on the area or bio freeze seems to help my tendonitis in my wrist at least. Make sure you are taking in your fish oils omega's ect They are a natural anti inflammatory also if you drink alot of diet sodas they actually are a flammatory I cut way back on them. Believe it or not acupuncture helped my wrist out alot trust me it is worth the try.

Any suggestions on a brand of wraps or where to get them? I live in a kind of out of the way place, so something available on line is what I am looking for. Thanks!

ART therapy will help...and do so quickly. You will notice a signifigant improvent from the first session. The therapy itself can be painful and intense at times.

Check here for a provider. Active Release Techniques: A.R.T.

This is the best choice. I had this on my shoulder an it worked great. I will say I use wraps for tennis elbow in my workouts now tho but the pain is most likely tren related...

Old schooler turned me onto DMSO for my joints and it def helped

Bro, go and buy some snake oil in cream. Rub it in your elbow before training and at night time too....

This is magic, try it and you will see by yourself....

Got this remedy from my grandpa....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Old schooler turned me onto DMSO for my joints and it def helped

Yep DMSO works great....a buddy turned me on to it 2 yrs ago due to pain in forearms, and that combined with ART as made the pain all but vanish.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws