over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Elbow / Tendon issues?

M@NU

Registered
hey guys,
i currently have massive issues training chest due to elbow pain of hell.
I have this pain since several weeks, some days it was better, some days worse but now its really bad since 2 weeks.
Describing it is difficult. I can train Back and biceps with almost no issues. some lat excersises where elbow is close to body hurt.
Pressing hurts and esp on chest movements where elbows are flared out. Triceps (like dip machine) works with less pain.
I already thought its just tennis elbow or whatever, but 1 thing is bizare:
- if i rest my arm on a desk or on the couch (straight) and i now try to "curl up" (e.g. grab my phone and try to bring it to my face)
it hurts like hell and it feels incredible weak.
anyone any ideas what this could be?
i already swapped out all pressing excersises and i am just doing flys and side laterals for chest/shoulder. no triceps work either

thanks guys!

I had tennis elbow, googled, did everything, nothing worked. Then came across this, said fuck it, tried it, boom started feeling better and went away

If you’re hurt take a break. Train legs for a few weeks. Things do not heal well if you continue to train and agitate the injury. Steroids are also very counter productive when injuries occur. Iv had a ton of injuries and a ton of joint reconstructions. when I was young I tried to train through them. And because of that several of the injuries are now permanent fixtures. Train smart. It’s ok to take time off from the gym.

hey guys,
i currently have massive issues training chest due to elbow pain of hell.
I have this pain since several weeks, some days it was better, some days worse but now its really bad since 2 weeks.
Describing it is difficult. I can train Back and biceps with almost no issues. some lat excersises where elbow is close to body hurt.
Pressing hurts and esp on chest movements where elbows are flared out. Triceps (like dip machine) works with less pain.
I already thought its just tennis elbow or whatever, but 1 thing is bizare:
- if i rest my arm on a desk or on the couch (straight) and i now try to "curl up" (e.g. grab my phone and try to bring it to my face)
it hurts like hell and it feels incredible weak.
anyone any ideas what this could be?
i already swapped out all pressing excersises and i am just doing flys and side laterals for chest/shoulder. no triceps work either

thanks guys!

The best thing you can do, is go see your PCP. I thought I had a strain that turned out to be a tear. Let them do some imaging instead of trying to self diagnose.

What you have is tricep tendonitis. It's caused by overuse.

Your volume on your push movements ( chest press, shoulder press and all tricep work) is too much. Or the weights are too much, or a combination of excess weights and volume.

You have to give it time to heal and give it more rest when it's better to recover between sessions. For example, train chest Monday and Tri/Shoulder on Thursday so that the tricep tendon always has 3 days in between sessions to recover.

Rest and voltaren to get the inflammation out. Also bpc 157 helped a lot. But those chronic overuse injury will come back unless you change your training that caused it in the first placem

I had tendinitis in both elbows and knees so when tendinitis strikes I back off for a while. As I am on my feet alot I find patellar tendinitis a real bitch as it gets painful to even walk.

thanks guys.
i also already switched all excersises out that make it worse.
All i do as chest and shoulder movements is flys and side laters.
no direct triceps training.
I will try bpc. YOu used it subq or around the injury?

thanks guys.
i also already switched all excersises out that make it worse.
All i do as chest and shoulder movements is flys and side laters.
no direct triceps training.
I will try bpc. YOu used it subq or around the injury?
Been having some elbow pain lately as well, though not as bad as you describe. Been using these sleeves for all tricep exercises and pressing movements, no pain

Been having some elbow pain lately as well, though not as bad as you describe. Been using these sleeves for all tricep exercises and pressing movements, no pain

How are these working for you?Im having elbow pain also due to heavy pushowns.I bought another brand but they dont really help.

I have those they work great but they are hard as fuck to get on. Mine are size xxxl they are sized really small

Voodoo floss, voodoo floss, voodoo floss

Are these the ones
POWER GUIDANCE Muscle Floss Bands - Compression Bands - Mobility & Recovery Bands - for Improving Movement, Increasing Circulation & Reducing Soreness https://a.co/d/fCGVyoA
They’re all the same. The main idea is compression through movement

for my case, the elbow sleeves did nothing.
I have an MRI in 2 weeks because according to the ortho, it is definitely a bad case of tennis elbow but he is not sure if this is the only problem since some of the "pain tests" he did on me were puzzling for him
but is is already better now. the issue is that "1 bad movement" and it is brutally inflamed again. It has to heal completely first

They’re all the same. The main idea is compression through movement
Going to order them now.Did you keep them on during your training or just a couple of minutes?Thanks brother

for my case, the elbow sleeves did nothing.
I have an MRI in 2 weeks because according to the ortho, it is definitely a bad case of tennis elbow but he is not sure if this is the only problem since some of the "pain tests" he did on me were puzzling for him
but is is already better now. the issue is that "1 bad movement" and it is brutally inflamed again. It has to heal completely first
That's what happened to me.I should have known better as it was not bad until I stupidly loaded on pushdowns.Hope your's gets better.

Every time we train we hit various different parts of the body which each have their own recovery rates.

The muscles, the tendons, central nervous system and bones are all stressed during training and require recovery time.

Anabolics, a decent training split and a lot of food mean we're rarely limited by muscle recovery.

It just so happens tendinitis is what occurs when the combined load and volume of the training effecting the (in your case elbow) area is too much to recover from.

There are only ever a couple of solutions which actually allow the body to heal that area:

1. Time and slow rehab.

It simply needs a little time off to get rid of the initial sharp stinging pain. Perhaps 1 to 2 weeks off anything which hurts. No testing during this time.

Start back lighter and pump some blood in the area.

2. Food and other recovery agents.

Anything which encourages the body to repair. Food, growth hormone, anabolics etc

I don't really believe in stuff like voodoo floss myself. I think it can displace the pain a little and if it helps you then cool.

But your big bang for your buck is simply rest and rehab. Just like the muscles need time to recover so do the tendons.

Your tendon is basically over trained.

Reactions: 360

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear