over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fake supplements on Amazon?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

What do people think about this? Has anyone ever had fake supplements from Amazon? I know one guy here had fake tudca but I wasn't aware this was a problem.

Dietary supplement manufactures have to send GMP and other government regulation required certificates on a regular basis (1-3x per year) to Amazon to use their platform.

They also request product formulation certificates (PFCs), but these could be edited if you had bad intentions I guess.

What do people think about this? Has anyone ever had fake supplements from Amazon? I know one guy here had fake tudca but I wasn't aware this was a problem.
I’m sure it happens. The best way to protect yourself from this on Amazon is to ensure the seller is the manufacturer and that the manufacturer has a long-standing reputation of quality products. I never purchase from 3rd party sellers myself. For example, Nutrabio sells there’s own products on Amazon.

I had some tudka from Amazon and my liver values actually went up. it was Nutricost brand

At the bottom of the article you see that she has an online store selling her own brand and probably a few others. So, is the article for real concerns or fear mongering marketing technique?

To summarize her writeup - dont buy from Amazon, Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, GNC, etc
Buy from my online store. How did you even fiiind this crap qb?

In reality, we all buy supplements from Amazon. Read freakin reviews, lots of them. Look up the actual company. Use your eyes...does this label, brand LOOK sketchy?
All in all, most of us trust a handful of good companies and throw out the rest.

The dietary supplement world is still very, very wild Wild West.

GMP certificates are a joke. Companies very easily can manipulate the audit.

There is next to zero FDA oversight. Yes it is true the FDA does inspections of companies, but they make it a goal to do 1 site visit within 5 years. It used to be 3-5 years and now they have moved it up to 5-7 years.

Many of these manufacturers do not know labeling requirements for the product. Even $50m a year manufacturers do piss poor jobs of understanding ingredients and trying to properly labeling them.

It’s hard for a customer that isn’t in the dietary supplement world for a living to truly understand a product.

Amazon is the worst place to buy dietary supplements. The problem is the level of requirements is poor for oversight.

I hate saying this because it really does affect smaller brands that are trying and releasing great products, but if you don’t know that name and it’s not in a major retailer, the chances are significantly higher that it’s wrong.

To summarize her writeup - dont buy from Amazon, Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, GNC, etc
Buy from my online store. How did you even fiiind this crap qb?

In reality, we all buy supplements from Amazon. Read freakin reviews, lots of them. Look up the actual company. Use your eyes...does this label, brand LOOK sketchy?
All in all, most of us trust a handful of good companies and throw out the rest.
Just skimmed the article but wanted to post something for reference. I was googling creapure and came across a reddit thread "what creatine should I buy from Amazon". People started posting caution against buying Amazon products and that article was one linked.

A Google search obviously will bring up some legit articles and then some people promoting their own store or brand, probably wasn't the best choice but reminded me of the guy here who bought tudca.

The only real way for Amazon to guarantee the supplements sold on their site would be for them to pull a supplement from the stock randomly, have it analyzed then they could charge the seller for the test. And they could have a few labs that they deal with and get a fair price for the tests with all the volume they would send them. But i would guess there would be less sellers on the site and Amazon would make less money. How much i couldn't say.

If you read some reviews you'll see that there are actually counterfeit supps . I've seen counterfeit muscle tech protein powder on there , they actually showed the pics comparing the labels , and they said it tasted awful which is why they looked into it. Anyone can open an Amazon store , there's huge money to be made .

I’m sure it happens. The best way to protect yourself from this on Amazon is to ensure the seller is the manufacturer and that the manufacturer has a long-standing reputation of quality products. I never purchase from 3rd party sellers myself. For example, Nutrabio sells there’s own products on Amazon.
How do we find if a supplement company sells their own products on Amazon? I barley use it I see reviews but no info on who the seller is.

I had some tudka from Amazon and my liver values actually went up. it was Nutricost brand
What orals and others AAS were you on when your liver values went up?

The reason I ask is because Nutricost is a reputable brand.

Dietary supplement manufactures have to send GMP and other government regulation required certificates on a regular basis (1-3x per year) to Amazon to use their platform.

They also request product formulation certificates (PFCs), but these could be edited if you had bad intentions I guess.

Some Chinese brands on Amazon don't even advertise GMP. I always look for GMP on the supplements I buy from Amazon.

What orals and others AAS were you on when your liver values went up?

The reason I ask is because Nutricost is a reputable brand.
I was just on TRT about 10 weeks out from a very mild cycle of Test and Primo. The numbers were only mildly out of range but still, they are usually very good, very low. I was using it because I new i would be getting bloods done and wanted to see if any effect. Never had elevated liver values before ever. Could have been anything but I was doing nothing clearly toxic other than a few glasses of Italian wine on the week end. Since TUDCA is suppose to be a protectant, certainly it was having no effect at all. If TUDCA by Nutricost cannot handle liver stress from 3 glasses of Italian wine on a Friday night then it is a waste of funds.

Interesting, thanks for the message. For liver health, give NAC by NOW brand a try. I always had success with them and that product.

I kind of have a funny story. I got a new 5lbs jug of Optimum Nutrition protein and they changed their label which no longer had the previous safety tear off plastic. I called the company and they told me it was counterfeit. I ended up emailing the 3rd party vendor selling it and called them out. They told me they would refund my money but wanted to know the name of the person who told me this from the company. So I call the company again to get the name and the next person who answers tells me the protein was not counterfeit and they had changed the label. So the initial person from Optimum had no clue what they were doing. So I ended up emailing the 3rd party vendor and apologized but still looked like a duesh. Optimum ended up sending me a check for another jug though.

How do we find if a supplement company sells their own products on Amazon? I barley use it I see reviews but no info on who the seller is.

On the App you’ll find it in the purchasing options. I attached a photo and drew an arrow for you. On a computer it will be near the top on the right side of the page. It’ll also give you the option to check out all the sellers for that item.

66B29D83-B97F-4164-89AD-2895265B9B8F.jpeg

On the App you’ll find it in the purchasing options. I attached a photo and drew an arrow for you. On a computer it will be near the top on the right side of the page. It’ll also give you the option to check out all the sellers for that item.

View attachment 170479
Thank you. Felt dumb to ask but I rarely use Amazon lol

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear