over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Finasteride & Test Question

John99Test

Registered
I’m planning on upping my Test to 1g per week and I wanted to see what you guys think an appropriate corresponding dosage of Finasteride would be. I was thinking that 5mg per day would work since I’m elevating my test levels so much. I have 5mg Proscar tablets and I also have Dutasteride 0.5mg gel caps. I’ve used Dutasteride in the past but I feel really feel the brain fog on it and my sex drive tanks pretty quickly. I don’t have the same side effects when I’m on Finasteride. It would make sense to me that if 1mg is used to prevent hair loss with people susceptible to male pattern baldness with normal testosterone levels, then 5mg would be a good dose for someone with super physiological levels of testosterone. My question is basically 2.5mg of finasteride ED or 5mg finasteride ED? What’s your guys experience with this? Thanks.

I've read studies that said 5mg really wasn't any more effective than 1mg. I'm sure if you search online you could find studies. It's been a few years since I read that so I'm not sure where I read it. I never take more than 1-2mgs

i have used fin in the past. anywhere from 0.25mg to 1.25mg. the same result on each dose. it killed my penis. no morning wood, made it difficult to get and stay hard etc etc. my body seemed to store more fat and i got a small case of gyno from taking it. It did seem to slow my hair loss down but didn't stop it. this was before i used aas. i also got the brain fog. i would recommend doing o.25mg if you are set on using it. For me the side effects were too much.

remember to up your ai as dut and fin will drop your natural anti estrogen DHT. so you will have more estrogen floating around especially at that dose of test.

Last edited:
do you think 2.5mg of finasteride every day is enough to combat hair loss while running a gram of test per week?????

do you think 2.5mg of finasteride every day is enough to combat hair loss while running a gram of test per week?????

Was told no more than 1mg every day otherwise inhibit gains

I've read studies that said 5mg really wasn't any more effective than 1mg. I'm sure if you search online you could find studies. It's been a few years since I read that so I'm not sure where I read it. I never take more than 1-2mgs

Untrue. The original study that approved finasteride for hairloss showed that .2mg worked just as well as 1mg (that is point two mg). 5mg is a massive overdose meant for people thought to have cancer or that are at risk for developing cancer.

Was told no more than 1mg every day otherwise inhibit gains

.2mg, 1mg, and 5mg will all inhibit gains about the same amount because they all block DHT about the same.

Gotta go topical. Niz 2 percent helps

Main Outcome Measures The primary outcome was change in fat-free mass; secondary outcomes: changes in fat mass, muscle strength, sexual function, prostate volume, sebum production, and hematocrit and lipid levels.

Results A total of 139 men were randomized; 102 completed the 20-week intervention. Men assigned to dutasteride were similar at baseline to those assigned to placebo. The mean fat-free mass gained by the dutasteride groups was 0.6 kg (95% CI, −0.1 to 1.2 kg) when receiving 50 mg/wk of testosterone enanthate, 2.6 kg (95% CI, 0.9 to 4.3 kg) for 125 mg/wk, 5.8 kg (95% CI, 4.8 to 6.9 kg) for 300 mg/wk, and 7.1 kg (95% CI, 6.0 to 8.2 kg) for 600 mg/wk. The mean fat-free mass gained by the placebo groups was 0.8 kg (95% CI, −0.1 to 1.7 kg) when receiving 50 mg/wk of testosterone enanthate, 3.5 kg (95% CI, 2.1 to 4.8 kg) for 125 mg/wk, 5.7 kg (95% CI, 4.8 to 6.5 kg) for 300 mg/wk, and 8.1 kg (95% CI, 6.7 to 9.5 kg) for 600 mg/wk. The dose-adjusted differences between the dutasteride and placebo groups for fat-free mass were not significant (P = .18). Changes in fat mass, muscle strength, sexual function, prostate volume, sebum production, and hematocrit and lipid levels did not differ between groups.

Conclusion Changes in fat-free mass in response to graded testosterone doses did not differ in men in whom DHT was suppressed by dutasteride from those treated with placebo, indicating that conversion of testosterone to DHT is not essential for mediating its anabolic effects on muscle.

Main Outcome Measures The primary outcome was change in fat-free mass; secondary outcomes: changes in fat mass, muscle strength, sexual function, prostate volume, sebum production, and hematocrit and lipid levels.

Results A total of 139 men were randomized; 102 completed the 20-week intervention. Men assigned to dutasteride were similar at baseline to those assigned to placebo. The mean fat-free mass gained by the dutasteride groups was 0.6 kg (95% CI, −0.1 to 1.2 kg) when receiving 50 mg/wk of testosterone enanthate, 2.6 kg (95% CI, 0.9 to 4.3 kg) for 125 mg/wk, 5.8 kg (95% CI, 4.8 to 6.9 kg) for 300 mg/wk, and 7.1 kg (95% CI, 6.0 to 8.2 kg) for 600 mg/wk. The mean fat-free mass gained by the placebo groups was 0.8 kg (95% CI, −0.1 to 1.7 kg) when receiving 50 mg/wk of testosterone enanthate, 3.5 kg (95% CI, 2.1 to 4.8 kg) for 125 mg/wk, 5.7 kg (95% CI, 4.8 to 6.5 kg) for 300 mg/wk, and 8.1 kg (95% CI, 6.7 to 9.5 kg) for 600 mg/wk. The dose-adjusted differences between the dutasteride and placebo groups for fat-free mass were not significant (P = .18). Changes in fat mass, muscle strength, sexual function, prostate volume, sebum production, and hematocrit and lipid levels did not differ between groups.

Conclusion Changes in fat-free mass in response to graded testosterone doses did not differ in men in whom DHT was suppressed by dutasteride from those treated with placebo, indicating that conversion of testosterone to DHT is not essential for mediating its anabolic effects on muscle.

Hairloss drugs are a multibillion dollar industry. Fact, DHT has 2x the affinity for the AR as testosterone.

So at least as far as muscle is concerned, testosterone is the primary active androgen. This is not to say that administering exogenous DHT is not without any anabolic effect. It actually does have some anabolic activity in the muscle, albeit significantly weaker than that of an equal amount of testosterone. This is due to its quick breakdown by 3a-HSD into the weak metabolite 5alpha-androstan-3a, 17b-diol. If this enzyme were somehow blocked, it is likely that DHT would exhibit very potent anabolic effects on muscle.

It is important to understand that even though testosterone is the active androgen in muscle, and DHT exhibits relatively little direct anabolic effects on muscle in men, DHT is still very important for the full performance enhancement effects from testosterone. What I specifically mean here are the effects of DHT on the central nervous system that lead to increased neurological efficiency (strength), and increased resistance to psychological and physical stress—not to mention optimal sexual function and libido.

So is the consensus it does inhibit gains ? Have been taking propecia for years now wondering if it has been inhibiting gains. Think I'm going to stop taking and see if gains better.

I take finasteride also and I don't think it's affected me negatively or inhibited my gains. I like my hair so I'm too scared to stop taking it. I would be very interested to see if you get better gains by dropping the finasteride

So is the consensus it does inhibit gains ? Have been taking propecia for years now wondering if it has been inhibiting gains. Think I'm going to stop taking and see if gains better.

I take finasteride also and I don't think it's affected me negatively or inhibited my gains. I like my hair so I'm too scared to stop taking it. I would be very interested to see if you get better gains by dropping the finasteride

It would be absolutely impossible to tell, we are talking about a 5-10% difference max, there is no way to objectively measure differences in gains that small, there are WAY too many other factors. If you think you can feel or see 5% differences in gains you are kidding yourself.

Kaladryn, I'm confused, what's your stance on finasteride? I got the impression that you were saying it inhibits gains, now your saying its only 5% and won't be noticeable. Am I reading something wrong?

Kaladryn, I'm confused, what's your stance on finasteride? I got the impression that you were saying it inhibits gains, now your saying its only 5% and won't be noticeable. Am I reading something wrong?

I misunderstood also. For only 5% gains I would not stop taking. Not worth risk but inhibit gains and 5% is big difference to me.

I misunderstood also. For only 5% gains I would not stop taking. Not worth risk but inhibit gains and 5% is big difference to me.

The difference can be estimated. Only about 2% of testosterone is converted to DHT. And DHT has 2-10x the affinity for the AR as testosterone.

So while blocking DHT will inhibit gains, how much will probably be very low. There is a greater possibility of low DHT causing other negative effects such as lower sex drive or other unknown physiological or psychological effects.

If you aren't concerned with a 5-10% difference in results (probably .5 to 1 pound per year if you are making good gains) then I wouldn't worry about blocking DHT.

The difference can be estimated. Only about 2% of testosterone is converted to DHT. And DHT has 2-10x the affinity for the AR as testosterone.

So while blocking DHT will inhibit gains, how much will probably be very low. There is a greater possibility of low DHT causing other negative effects such as lower sex drive or other unknown physiological or psychological effects.

If you aren't concerned with a 5-10% difference in results (probably .5 to 1 pound per year if you are making good gains) then I wouldn't worry about blocking DHT.

Thanks again for the info!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner