over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Frequency / soreness

I had a friend in high school that was a competitive bike rider. He did the velodrome type racing - LOTS of sprinting.
Anyway I think the dude rode damn near every day and had legs that looked INSANE. In fact he looked odd as hell because he had no other muscle

my muscles are always sore and I only train EOD :confused:

low volume high frequency

The manual labor part of my job is taxing but just as well as scheduling, dealing with homeowners, inspectors breakdowns and the very nature of laying concrete itself. Concrete can be its own Animal.
Then add in the stress of sore muscles.
With the 2 injury's I have had this offseason I saw my body regress so fast, not from the lack off training but from the stress to the body of just being injured. When stressed enough your body will go catabolic and shutdown to only worry about recovery.

The manual labor part of my job is taxing but just as well as scheduling, dealing with homeowners, inspectors breakdowns and the very nature of laying concrete itself. Concrete can be its own Animal.
Then add in the stress of sore muscles.
With the 2 injury's I have had this offseason I saw my body regress so fast, not from the lack off training but from the stress to the body of just being injured. When stressed enough your body will go catabolic and shutdown to only worry about recovery.

Stress is the DEVIL. There isn't much that is worse for the body IMO.

I transition between JM programs (mostly 1x a week) and Fortitude Training (4x a week). Currently on Fortitude and love it. The full body workouts keep you lean too.

I think switching between frequencies and intensities every couple months works wonders. On FT I concentrate on progressive overload and getting painfully strong...its like DC on gear. And on JM's stuff I destroy the muscle once a week and concentrate on weaker bodyparts.

A lot depends too on the rest you get outside of the gym my first job out of college was in industrial micro production - a lot of strenuous work with large equipment and moving 1,000 liter tanks around, after 3 years I got another job as a supervisor in industrial vaccine production - i basically sat on my ass for 8 hours a day and within 2 months gained 12 solid pounds without a single change in diet or cycling and taught me the important lesson of work stress and gains.
Over the years my gains were in proportion to controlling catabolism the stronger and bigger I got the less sets I did and I directly attributed that more than juice and diet than any other aspect of the game.

My best gains were made training a body part 2-3 times a week short sessions heavy and close to failure but not past failure.

Now after 25 years of training aging has really knocked my recoup levels down and I Train EOD with cardio on days off - HIT cardio and walks around the neighborhood hitting the hills and fast pace to burn cals and get HR up.
MG are u still putting that little heart rate fitbit gadget u bought to use or has the novelty worn off ?

What's your most updated review on it sir ?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

oh I love when the charts and graphs come out.......

:cool:
lol

Classic Tenny post.

Tenny will be like fuck your chart, graphs and double blind clinical trial studies.

Do you EVEN progressive overload bro ?

Lets talk about that first.

TO the OP

My answer to this question will be ....

Imbibe the spirit of Instinctive method of training & become very good at listening. Listening to your body that is. It will take time but if you pay CLOSE attention you will learn.

Your body will tell you everything when you are ready to go again.

Dont plan a deload period by the book. Again you body will tell you.

Be a obedient student to your body and it will reward you with a first class physique in due course , obviously with what its capable of achieving with training, food, drugs, rest.

TO the OP

My answer to this question will be ....

Imbibe the spirit of Instinctive method of training & become very good at listening. Listening to your body that is. It will take time but if you pay CLOSE attention you will learn.

Your body will tell you everything when you are ready to go again.

Dont plan a deload period by the book. Again you body will tell you.

Be a obedient student to your body and it will reward you with a first class physique in due course , obviously with what its capable of achieving with training, food, drugs, rest.

I just wanted others opinions - been training about 25 years and always learn something new.

I just wanted others opinions - been training about 25 years and always learn something new.
Sure Marvin

sorry when i said to the OP I was addressing that kid through you (to pass him the info if it helps him). Was not addressing you lol

I have a kid who has finally decided to do his first cycle with mine and Elvia's help and guidance. He is so exited lol

Its a great feeling to help young kids on their way up.

**edit he is 26 and had his run naturally and got a solid diet training under his belt (5 plus years). He looks great natty.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
MG are u still putting that little heart rate fitbit gadget u bought to use or has the novelty worn off ?

Hey I still use it and wear it 24 hours a day...fit blitz blaze...cannot live without it.

Hey I still use it and wear it 24 hours a day...fit blitz blaze...cannot live without it.

Common sense would tell you a sore muscle is still repairing itself.
Lifting again with these same muscle will only keep it in a state or repair.
You only grow as the muscle fully heals and over compensates from its last bout
Wait till there is no soreness +1 day for growth minimum. imo

I state this a lot as people think I lift everyday.
I lift 1-3 days a week.
Growth takes place at Rest!!!!

The problem with applying common sense to physiology is that the body isn't based on common sense. Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) isn't a sign that the body is in repair or needs rest. It is a sign that inflammatory markers are elevated, proteins that signal the "soreness" to your brain. They are not correlated with micro-trauma (here's where common sense breaks down!). They are correlated with an event that triggers their manufacture/release into the muscle.

There are many ways to train. I have done 1 body part per week, once every 10 days, twice per week, 3x per week. CT Fletcher and many other reputable athletes disagree on letting the muscle rest too long. Right now I'm doing a program called "HIGH FREQUENCY TRAINING ". Basically I do 5 compound exercises every day X3 sets each. Sometimes I'm sore, but I continue. It's the most results I have ever seen in all my years of training.

I seem to get my best results by doing a 2-way split, 2 on, 1 off.

I do one set of three different exercises per bodypart.

My split is........

Chest, back, delts, calves, abs

then

Hamstrings, quads, biceps, triceps. Although I'm going to put biceps and triceps before legs from here on out, I'm so gassed after legs it's sometimes a battle to give arms their due.

:yeahthat:

Training while you're still sore from a recent workout is certainly the best way to NOT grow. Most people train way too much IMO... combined with lack of food, they are the two main reasons you don't see many make significant progresses. :eek:

Hey JC, hope you are doing well.

Got a question.

What is your reasoning / experience regarding training while being sore, that being not the best way to grow?
You know I have always valued your opinion . . . just curious about this one.

Are you saying to avoid training until the soreness has subsided? Heck, if that was the case, I would never
train ;) as I am usually sore due to the changing and frequency of various exercises. Right now my triceps
and lats are sore and I am heading out to the gym to train upper body . . . should I avoid training them?

If that were the case, then that would explain a lot . . . why my training while ‘sore’ has not been stimulating
growth . . . although being 63, my days of any meaningful growth are far behind me . . . now, just trying to hold
back the hands of time. But that does not preclude my experience when I was much younger, training while
sore, while not fun, never seemed to make much difference to me growth wise and had the added benefit of
hasting the removal of muscular soreness.

So . . . my experience tells me that it makes zero difference with regards to muscular growth.

Thanks JC.

PS. I do agree that folks train way too much (your opinion), and do not train hard enough (my opinion).

Does that link with my fitness pal or some other app? My daughter has one that she never uses and I may try it out

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws