over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

got appendix out just in time

willpwr82

Registered
hey guys, sure plenty of you's had this procedure before. Sunday I felt a little bloating in my upper abs and I have dealt with stomach problems my whole life so I thought nothing of it, so I went and knocked out some legs and ab's (stupid) though it would get rid of that bloat,pressure,gas, or whatever it was. Well that night it starting turning to pain and moving south and more toward my right side so I figured maybe just had a good workout lol... lets see how I feel tomarrow.. went to sleep w/help of tylenol pm's. Woke up and shit! now its on fire so I called work and said I wont be in, I dont know whats wrong.

Still trying to avoid E.R. due to my shitty insurance(high deductible of 3000$ in-network). I ran and let my parents dog out with my girl driving while I reclined in the passenger seat. After about 10 min there I said THATS IT I got to go BUT IM DRIVING! Thank god I drove, surgeon said it could have burst any minute. He said it was really big and ugly, just like me! lol, he was a funny dude.

Wow does this son of a bitch hurt to. I thought it would be like getting a tooth pulled afterward but I was wrong. Its an incision 5" long 13 staples and its just in the wrong spot, so no matter what I do It STINGS! Not to mention the pack of muscle that you have to go through to get there on most of us guys.
Anyway I figure Ill be down awhile wont know for sure until I see the surgeon in a week. Anyone else who had this done , How long were you out of comission?

Last edited:
Luckily you made it just in time and avoided a rupture and peritonitis. Hopefully your recovery is quick! Hang in there!!

It's not a bad recovery. From experience toradol trumps painkillers in recovery if you're hurting. Something about anti-inflammatory effect is better than the opiate, though less fun. Hopefully you don't have my experience, when I went back for the 10 day checkup he made me aware they found cancer in my appendix and had to go right back in for a much more serious surgery, a right hemi-colectomy and then I hit the trifecta with gallbladder removal all in a matter of 5 weeks. My right side looks like an exhibit on scar tissue. Gl on recovery, you'll be back in gym in 2 weeks I'd guess.

It's not a bad recovery. From experience toradol trumps painkillers in recovery if you're hurting. Something about anti-inflammatory effect is better than the opiate, though less fun. Hopefully you don't have my experience, when I went back for the 10 day checkup he made me aware they found cancer in my appendix and had to go right back in for a much more serious surgery, a right hemi-colectomy and then I hit the trifecta with gallbladder removal all in a matter of 5 weeks. My right side looks like an exhibit on scar tissue. Gl on recovery, you'll be back in gym in 2 weeks I'd guess.

wow sorry to hear that man, hope everything is long gone. And yes,you are right about the toradol, worked great for several hrs after getting it on schedule. I only came home with motrin due to the fact of my family Dr. knowing my past with narcotic mediction;) but Ive been trying my damnest to just move around like normal w/o strain and thats what I was told to do. Ive had bones reconstructed, put back in my limbs, I have any size nut, bolt, screw you need, but this is my first torso surgery.

Something funny; my surgeon comes in to see me and says "hey ya look a lot better, Your Still Ugly, but ya look a lot better recovery wise:rolleyes: . Then he called me a pussy when I groaned when he pulled the dressing off over the incision :rolleyes: . After that he said no heavy lifting, see me in a week, eat,drink,move around alot, sleep, have sex, all that stuff as normal as you can do it. Then of course he comes off with "well have the sex only if you can find someone who will have iy with you". MAN! did he bust balls:p

willpwr82,

Depending on how tough you are, I would give it a minimum of 3 - 4 weeks.
I know that seems like a long time, and it is, but going back sooner, you
will not really be that effective. That is not to say you should do nothing,
on the contrary. I would be as active as possible; cardio, swim, stretching,
have fun doing other things because soon enough you will be back in the
gym sweating like a dog. Just for the time being, avoid even attempting to
train like you used to because you won't be able to and it will piss you off.
But then again . . . maybe you are superman. So use your time off wisely;
and be sure to change your eating habits so you don't gain a bunch of weight
while you are being less active.

Yeah that seems about right the way Im feelin now. The guy next to me had his rupture and all he did was drive tractor-trailors and they told him a definite min. of 6wks out of work. 90% of my job is heavy lifting so I wont push it, ill take whatever the doc tells me. It aint worth re-injury and losing another 10lbs in a couple weeks when it takes so much longer to put back on.. unless its a cupcake,donut,beer 10lbs, now thats easy to put back on :D

Long gone on my front. Dr. sounds funny, but I don't see why he wouldn't send you with some toradol given it's a non narcotic. Either way, you'll live, and feel better. Amazing that little thing is only the size of your pinky, yet can cause a lot of pain.

I had mine out through lathroscopy so it was only 3 tiny incissions. It took me about 2 weeks to recover. One of my co workers had his out with the big incission and it was about a month for him.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131