over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Great Vacuum Pose

andrew.peplin

Registered
Hey guys I have trying to get a good vacuum pose for a while but it just makes me wonder how people like Frank Zane could get so tight? I have gotten to the point were I can get a decent amount sucked in but still nothing even close to the golden boys, so how did they do it? Just years of practice or is there something extra they put into play?

Last edited:
Hey guys I have trying to get a good vacuum pose for a while but it just makes me wonder how people like Frank Zane could get so tight? I have gotten to the point were I can get a decent amount sucked in but still nothing even close to the golden boys, so how did they do it? Just years of practice or s there something extra they put into play?

Always wondered how they did it too

To me it always seemed like one of those "you either have it or you dont things." Like rolling your tongue, or being able to trill r's in Spanish. Obviously we can all contract our transversus abdominus (responsible for the "vacuum"), but to what degree seems to be kind of inborn to me. Plus I think bone structure will play into it as well.

Maybe one of the experts will chime in bc I have no idea. I have heard you can train yourself to do so but I dunno???

Maybe one of the experts will chime in bc I have no idea. I have heard you can train yourself to do so but I dunno???

They had to do some sort of training, even if most were just genetically gifted they didn't get that tight without doing something. :confused:

I've always been able to do it even when like 12 years old........can do tha vacuum and make the middle stick out too if u know what I'm talking about...as well as roll tha abs from top to bottom and opposite direction... I don't think there is any special trick to it tho...maybe just practice tightening ur abs and controlling the muscles..? I waz a super small guy (wrestled at 103lbs in hs lol) so maybe it has sumthin to do w that....

well how lean are you?! I can do it great, but not at anything above ten percent bodyfat. for me i feel it mostly in my diaphram like te reverse of taking a very deep breath and holding it.

well how lean are you?! I can do it great, but not at anything above ten percent bodyfat. for me i feel it mostly in my diaphram like te reverse of taking a very deep breath and holding it.

hmm might be body fat, I am cutting down right now but still remain about 12-13%. I will have to see if something changes when I finish cutting down.

Hands and knees like a dog makes pulling a vacumn much easier.
Empty stomach and very low visceral fat are factors as well.
Sounds wierd about the hands and knees thing but that was
how I got better able to do a vac . Bout the only vacumn for me nowadays is
overeating. T

Haha thanks T, I will give that a try for a few more months and hopefully by the end of January will be done cutting, so I should be able to pull a decent vacuum pose by then. And I will make sure to post it here!

I was enamored with that pose growing up and I remember reading in Arnies encyclopedia how to practice vacuum pose. Its a cool classic pose but todays heavyweights are IMO too big and most stomachs too distended to attempt it.

Zane did it best

Being an insecure fat kid kind of forced me to get good at it. All it took was my buddy whispering "dude she's checking you out.." and all those ungodly giggling flesh would literally disappear.:D

I was enamored with that pose growing up and I remember reading in Arnies encyclopedia how to practice vacuum pose. Its a cool classic pose but todays heavyweights are IMO too big and most stomachs too distended to attempt it.

Zane did it best

I aspire to one day be able to look half as good as Zane. The man looked like he had just finished bieng carved and was shipped from Rome. He is also the reason behind me trying to get a good vacuum pose :D

Last edited:
I've always been able to do it even when like 12 years old........can do tha vacuum and make the middle stick out too if u know what I'm talking about...as well as roll tha abs from top to bottom and opposite direction... I don't think there is any special trick to it tho...maybe just practice tightening ur abs and controlling the muscles..? I waz a super small guy (wrestled at 103lbs in hs lol) so maybe it has sumthin to do w that....

same here could always do it

ive been able to vaccuum to the point where there is about two inches of space from my belly button to my spine

just depends on your bone stucture i think

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner