over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Halotestin: chemistry and practical for "hardening" and "peaking"

Type-IIx

Registered
Newbies
Fluoxymesterone
Profile by Type-IIx

An 11β-hydroxylated orally administered AAS. 5α-reducible and relatively nonestrogenic.

Potently androgenic. Therapeutic use obtains efficacy from this feature of its design.

Compounds Displaying Increased Androgenic Activity Coupled With An Even Larger Increase in the Anabolic Activity

[Halotestin] was prepared in the hope of obtaining a large increase in the androgenic and anabolic activities similar to that observed in the corticoid series by 9alpha-fluro 11beta-hydroxy substitution. The compound was found to possess 9.5 times the androgenic and 20 times the anabolic activity of 17alpha-methyltestosterone (37)...

In spite of the fact that fluoxymesterone has a favorable anabolic-androgenic ratio, due to the strong androgenic effect the compound has been mainly used as an androgen, for example, as a highly active oral substitute for testosterone in hypogonadic condition (267) or as a phallotropic androgen (268).
[1]

Exerts a potent antiglucocorticoid effect. Also, weakly binds the GR [2], whether exerting agonist or antagonist action is unknown. The antiglucorticoid action occurs via 11β-HSD2 inhibition [3]:

Whereas oxymetholone, oxymesterone, danazol, and testosterone showed medium inhibitory potential, fluoxymesterone was a potent inhibitor of human 11β-HSD2 (half-maximal inhibitory concentration [IC(50)] of 60-100nM in cell lysates; IC(50) of 160nM in intact SW-620, and 530nM in MCF-7 cells). Measurements with rat kidney microsomes and lysates of cells expressing recombinant mouse 11β-HSD2 revealed much weaker inhibition by the AAS tested, indicating that the adverse effects of AAS-dependent 11β-HSD2 inhibition cannot be investigated in rats and mice. Furthermore, we provide evidence that fluoxymesterone is metabolized to 11-oxofluoxymesterone by human 11β-HSD2. Structural modeling revealed similar binding modes for fluoxymesterone and cortisol, supporting a competitive mode of inhibition of 11β-HSD2-dependent cortisol oxidation by this AAS. No direct modulation of mineralocorticoid receptor (MR) function was observed. Thus 11β-HSD2 inhibition by fluoxymesterone may cause cortisol-induced MR activation, thereby leading to electrolyte disturbances and contributing to the development of hypertension and cardiovascular disease.
[3]

11β-HSD2: enzyme that controls the oxidation of cortisol. Its inhibition leads to glucocorticoid-mediated MR activation, potassium excretion, sodium and water retention, and increased blood pressure (Ferrari, 2010; Ferrari et al., 2001; Serra et al., 2002) [3]. Halotestin competitively inhibits 11β-HSD2, thereby leading to glucocorticoid-mediated MR activation [3]. AAS that inhibit this enzyme may aggravate atherosclerosis via MR activation and inflammatory processes in the vascular endothelium (Glazer, 1991; Thompson et al., 1989) [3].

Mechanisms in promoting aggression/strength and anti-adpogenic/hardening effects

Mechanism in aggression/strength: competitive inhibition of cortisol oxidation [3]. Compared with cortisol, fluoxymesterone ~3-5x less efficiently converted to its 11-oxo form, resembling the conversion of dexamethasone [3]. The presence of an 11-oxo group tends to promote tissue-specific cortisol modulation which may lead to greater visceral fat loss and increased glycogen deposition.

Mechanism in anti-adipogenic/lipolytic ("hardening") effect: { Link to Compounds: Anti-adipogenic mechanisms }

… [analogous to DHT] inhibits adipogenic differentiation of hMSCs and human preadipocytes through an AR-mediated pathway, but it does not affect the proliferation of either hMSCs or preadipocytes. Androgen effects on fat mass represent the combined effect of decreased differentiation of fat cell precursors, increased lipolysis, and reduced lipid accumulation. [4].

Practical

Used frequently by strength athletes for its potent raw strength/power augmentation ("peaking"). Its relative toxicity is a consideration for dose/duration. A typical course may be 30mg daily x 4 weeks, with 40-60mg a day the last few days before competition. May also be used during a strength cycle in a pulsed fashion, to peak for PR/PB attempts. Bodybuilders use frequently for its "hardening" (anti-adipogenic) effect at the end of a prep cycle, typically after cutting out injectables. Doses may scale up based on body mass. May be used by combat athletes prior to a fight for its aggression-promoting effects and for focus/clarity (anecdotally), though { Link to Cheque drops/mibolerone } may be preferred under the assumption of its being relatively undetectable in urine post-fight (anecdotally).

Practical consequences

Impaired corticosteroid metabolism and activation of minerolocorticoid receptor (MR) has been associated with cardiovascular disease (Briet and Chiffrin, 2010; Hadoke et al., 2009; Lastra et al., 2010) [3].

[2] Houtman, C. J., Sterk, S. S., van de Heijning, M. P. M., Brouwer, A., Stephany, R. W., van der Burg, B., & Sonneveld, E. (2009). Detection of anabolic androgenic steroid abuse in doping control using mammalian reporter gene bioassays. Analytica Chimica Acta, 637(1-2), 247–258. doi:10.1016/j.aca.2008.09.037
[3] Furstenberger, C., Vuorinen, A., Da Cunha, T., Kratschmar, D. V., Saugy, M., Schuster, D., & Odermatt, A. (2012). The Anabolic Androgenic Steroid Fluoxymesterone Inhibits 11 -Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase 2-Dependent Glucocorticoid Inactivation. Toxicological Sciences, 126(2), 353–361. doi:10.1093/toxsci/kfs022
[4] Gupta, V., Bhasin, S., Guo, W., Singh, R., Miki, R., Chauhan, P., … Jasuja, R. (2008). Effects of dihydrotestosterone on differentiation and proliferation of human mesenchymal stem cells and preadipocytes. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, 296(1-2), 32–40. doi:10.1016/j.mce.2008.08.019

Children are given this drug for delayed puberty yet everyone claims it is very toxic and cant be used for more than 4 weeks. is it really that toxic if kids are given it for months on end?

Children are given this drug for delayed puberty yet everyone claims it is very toxic and cant be used for more than 4 weeks. is it really that toxic if kids are given it for months on end?
I would assume the severity of toxicity is dose depending. Go to powerlifting meet and look at all the yellow eyeballs for proof of toxicy

It's not particularly hepatotoxic, this is an overblown claim. Adults are routinely prescribed 40 mg/d of fluoxymesterone long term. It has some particular cardiac harms, but not worse than tren.

It's not particularly hepatotoxic, this is an overblown claim. Adults are routinely prescribed 40 mg/d of fluoxymesterone long term. It has some particular cardiac harms, but not worse than tren.

both methandrostenolone and Halotestin are used for ART, which one is more "toxic" longterm at non abusive dosages ?

both methandrostenolone and Halotestin are used for ART, which one is more "toxic" longterm at non abusive dosages ?
Practically identical at therapeutic doses, with some harms to fertility/spermatogenesis/endogenous T secretion weighed against Dbol and some cardiac harms weighed against Halo.

Practically identical at therapeutic doses, with some harms to fertility/spermatogenesis/endogenous T secretion weighed against Dbol and some cardiac harms weighed against Halo.

interesting that halo is used for ART when it does not convert to Estrogen. You'd think overtime males would feel sick without any estrogen. Each steroid is so unique, amazing.

I think you’re thinking of anavar bro, and in my 29s I ran a heavy halo cycle for a show I did win so it works but I had to cut back as I was getting jaundice and turning orange so yes it’s quite toxic. But amazing for intensity, density, and strength.

Some say pre workout orals are placebo, but 10 MG of halo on my heavy upper and lower days does wonders! Also, the day of the meet Halo keeps me going. Just 10 MG before each lift. 30 MG total for the day.

I think you’re thinking of anavar bro, and in my 29s I ran a heavy halo cycle for a show I did win so it works but I had to cut back as I was getting jaundice and turning orange so yes it’s quite toxic. But amazing for intensity, density, and strength.
Fluoxymesterone is used in the treatment of hypogonadism, delayed puberty, and anemia in males and the treatment of breast cancer in women

I can't find it now, but there is an Anabolic Doc video where he talks about JFK being prescribed Halotestin (among other steroids, Testosterone being another iirc) for his Addison's disease. Of course, I don't think he was being prescribed a bodybuilding dose but interesting nevertheless.

What was the therapeutic dose for halotestin? If I recall correctly, I think it was 10-15mg/day for dbol.

Some say pre workout orals are placebo, but 10 MG of halo on my heavy upper and lower days does wonders! Also, the day of the meet Halo keeps me going. Just 10 MG before each lift. 30 MG total for the day.
Y
Fluoxymesterone is used in the treatment of hypogonadism, delayed puberty, and anemia in males and the treatment of breast cancer in women
cool I’ve just never seen it and when you said kids I thought kids not puberty age, you can’t give a 5 year old halo but they can take anavar all day it was designed for this and burn victims.

You r correct real halo I feel every time I take it, with new baby in the house I can’t touch it bc of my lack of patience on it but it does make you slaughter the iron.

Pre workout orals are one of the most fantastic modifications I’ve made in the past few years.

The ability to utilize in a pulsatile nature is fantastic. Have heaps of data / notes on testing / competitions or various compounds. The difference is there and it is huge.

@Type-IIx Great article man!

I can't find it now, but there is an Anabolic Doc video where he talks about JFK being prescribed Halotestin (among other steroids, Testosterone being another iirc) for his Addison's disease. Of course, I don't think he was being prescribed a bodybuilding dose but interesting nevertheless.
It seems to be true. Once I found online some prescription scans from his doctor.
Helped him to talk in public supposedly.

@Type-IIx …….

Any negative effect on cardio respiratory power or mega pumps?

(Say you have a BJJ tournament in 3 weeks)

Would 2 weeks be enough to get the aggressive/androgenic strength wide open?)

I've always been fascinated with Halo, even though i've not used it in like 20-25 years, lol. The last detailed conversing's/debating over the compound, that I felt were beneficial, were at CEM (Cutting Edge Muscle), when Nandi and Big Cat et al covered it. I think Big Cat did a fairly good job writing up an article on it's anti-glucocorticoid properties. That was like 15+ years ago now, so it's good to see updated writings on it's use and applications.

I'm wondering how hard it hits lipids?

Most people get tested at the end of a prep, along with the other 2000 things they are on, or just getting off of, and that is not really reflective, imo, with all the variables involved (or used).

Anybody have their lipids tested with a run of Halo, say with just test and nothing else?

i havent done it in years, i found superdrol more toxic IMO, im going to locate some fluoxy locally and run a cycle its been fkn years man. everyone has diff experiences in life. my experiences with halotestin are pretty incredible. i first tried it when i was 20 or 21, i remember being at war with another gang and being fascinated with halotestin research, so i made it a point to get some, I was already into bodybuilding and its realms for certain reasons, but this made me an assassin on the streets. there is a famous story around these parts of a dude named holy ghost who had popeye forearms and one day pulled over his truck, called out a group of 5 dudes

If Adolf hitler and mike tyson had a child homogozenized, this would be it. at least for me that's how it impacted me. later in my late 20s i used it in bodybuilding pre comp and felt feather light in muay Thai practice, rock hard dense, nothing has ever compared to halotestin

halotestin, m1t, superdrol are out of this planet

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member