over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hey Phill the great.....

gooey

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I was curious, if I could play a devil's advocate with you for a bit? I've read many of your posts and in response to cycles/drugs/people wanting and compromising much in there life to become a professional bodybuilder and You have had numerous rational opinions to other members questions and responses. The question that I was curious about do you consider the direction you took to become a professional bodybuilder was a wrong one?, would u have rather been a 9-5 banker, business man, or a coach of some sport? Everyone has made mistakes in there life of some sort and wish they could go back and fix it or change what had happened, do you think that bodybuilding came to you, or do u think u came to it? Lastly, has bodybuilding brought you anything positive besides the obvious extrinsic stuff like money, publicity, trohpies, etc?

PS. no disrespect my friend I agree with you on most of your statements pertaining to the subjects I mentioned earlier above. I just wanted a deeper insight to one of the greats :D
Gooey

^

I know you might have missed this thread Phil so i thought i would bump it up for you, so whats your thoughts on this bro..

Sorry, I just saw this post

gooey said:
I was curious, if I could play a devil's advocate with you for a bit? I've read many of your posts and in response to cycles/drugs/people wanting and compromising much in there life to become a professional bodybuilder and You have had numerous rational opinions to other members questions and responses. The question that I was curious about do you consider the direction you took to become a professional bodybuilder was a wrong one?, would u have rather been a 9-5 banker, business man, or a coach of some sport? Everyone has made mistakes in there life of some sort and wish they could go back and fix it or change what had happened, do you think that bodybuilding came to you, or do u think u came to it? Lastly, has bodybuilding brought you anything positive besides the obvious extrinsic stuff like money, publicity, trohpies, etc?

PS. no disrespect my friend I agree with you on most of your statements pertaining to the subjects I mentioned earlier above. I just wanted a deeper insight to one of the greats :D
Gooey

Looking back, yes, I wish I never got into the sport as much as I did. I always felt pressured to compete. I never wanted to compete after I turned 20, but felt compelled to for some reason. That is probably why I never gave it 100%.
In response to the publicity, I never really wanted it too much. It is nice, dont get me wrong. I see a lot of people really crave the publicity, and post their picture every week on here. Thats ok, and that is probably what it takes to succeed in this sport, but it wasnt for me. I Love training, getting stronger and bigger, but being on stage needing the peoples admiration is something I wish I never persued. All of these things I felt was BESIDES the drug effects,but that is a whole other topic.

PHIL HERNON said:
All of these things I felt was BESIDES the drug effects,but that is a whole other topic.
i'd like to hear about this if you would like to continue...

Ok

flexmaster said:
i'd like to hear about this if you would like to continue...

It made me really self centered ,gave me high blood pressure, and just a tired feeling all day long. Maybe it was my weight, but all I wanted to do was sleep.

PHIL HERNON said:
It made me really self centered ,gave me high blood pressure, and just a tired feeling all day long. Maybe it was my weight, but all I wanted to do was sleep.

Phil dont take this the wrong way but it sounds to me as if you have suffered from depression sleeping is a main sign , ive read alot of your posts and to be quite honest i feel as if most of them are depressing , I only know this because i had once suffered from depression. I think this sport can do that to people its part of the game , the drugs effect the mind as well as the body and eventually takes toll , thats why i treat BB as only a sport , something to have fun with maybe get in a few mags and ads for laughs and get up on a stage in my skibs every now and then , shit i started BB at age 25 and i made myself a promise to quit when im 34 around the time me and my lady plan to bring a child into this world . I realize the effects BB can have, not only on physical health but also mental and i dont care to stick around in this sport to find out.

Phil maybe im completely wrong about this but ill be the 1st to admit i suffered from depression and finally came to realize it and iam now cured .

Last edited:
diddo

PHIL HERNON said:
Looking back, yes, I wish I never got into the sport as much as I did. I always felt pressured to compete. I never wanted to compete after I turned 20, but felt compelled to for some reason. That is probably why I never gave it 100%.
In response to the publicity, I never really wanted it too much. It is nice, dont get me wrong. I see a lot of people really crave the publicity, and post their picture every week on here. Thats ok, and that is probably what it takes to succeed in this sport, but it wasnt for me. I Love training, getting stronger and bigger, but being on stage needing the peoples admiration is something I wish I never persued. All of these things I felt was BESIDES the drug effects,but that is a whole other topic.

I cannot say at times the attention is not nice but overall, I too did not like all the attention that is draws towards u, Its sometimes nice to be that skinny guy in the corner doing 20lbs curls and not being looked at as a mutant and people going OMG!!!! I dont even call bodybuidling a sport, its more of an activity not a sport cause u can flex all u want during the show but does that allow u to win ths show.. no its the preperation and gentics that get u there. What I luv the most is the training for contests, the "tunnel vision" the intensity, the goose bumps u get when your workouts become so intense and passionate. But the positive thing that I can say that weight training and bodybuilding has brought me is that I have met some pretty great people on the way, people that I wouldnt trade for anything. It has brought many of us to this site Mr. Hernon where we get to learn from your wisdom.

PS. Oh and one more thing Phill, not giving 100% F**k you and u looked like that. I hate you now, unfair, unfair, unfair... back to donuts and mini golf for me! :p
gooey

wELL

Vander_V said:
Phil dont take this the wrong way but it sounds to me as if you have suffered from depression sleeping is a main sign , ive read alot of your posts and to be quite honest i feel as if most of them are depressing , I only know this because i had once suffered from depression. I think this sport can do that to people its part of the game , the drugs effect the mind as well as the body and eventually takes toll , thats why i treat BB as only a sport , something to have fun with maybe get in a few mags and ads for laughs and get up on a stage in my skibs every now and then , shit i started BB at age 25 and i made myself a promise to quit when im 34 around the time me and my lady plan to bring a child into this world . I realize the effects BB can have, not only on physical health but also mental and i dont care to stick around in this sport to find out.

Phil maybe im completely wrong about this but ill be the 1st to admit i suffered from depression and finally came to realize it and iam now cured .
sOMETIMES i FEEL i GET DEPRESSED, EVERYONE MUST. foR THE MOST PART, i FEEL GOOD. i ALWAYS TRY TO LAUGH, ASK ANYONE THAT SEES ME ON A REGULAR BASIS. alTHOUGH, IT MIGHT BE A MASK FOR SOME SAD FEELINGS i HAVE ABOUT MY PAST SCREW UPS.

oh nooooooo

gooey said:
I cannot say at times the attention is not nice but overall, I too did not like all the attention that is draws towards u, Its sometimes nice to be that skinny guy in the corner doing 20lbs curls and not being looked at as a mutant and people going OMG!!!! I dont even call bodybuidling a sport, its more of an activity not a sport cause u can flex all u want during the show but does that allow u to win ths show.. no its the preperation and gentics that get u there. What I luv the most is the training for contests, the "tunnel vision" the intensity, the goose bumps u get when your workouts become so intense and passionate. But the positive thing that I can say that weight training and bodybuilding has brought me is that I have met some pretty great people on the way, people that I wouldnt trade for anything. It has brought many of us to this site Mr. Hernon where we get to learn from your wisdom.

PS. Oh and one more thing Phill, not giving 100% F**k you and u looked like that. I hate you now, unfair, unfair, unfair... back to donuts and mini golf for me! :p
gooey

Believe me, I am no genetic freak. I might want to clarify. I gave it 100%, I was just really LAZY!!!!

PHIL HERNON said:
sOMETIMES i FEEL i GET DEPRESSED, EVERYONE MUST. foR THE MOST PART, i FEEL GOOD. i ALWAYS TRY TO LAUGH, ASK ANYONE THAT SEES ME ON A REGULAR BASIS. alTHOUGH, IT MIGHT BE A MASK FOR SOME SAD FEELINGS i HAVE ABOUT MY PAST SCREW UPS.

Phil im the same way i laugh so much people laugh at me , i try to fill in the sad and hard times of my life with being happy laughing and having fun but i still sometimes have that feeling where its hard to get through a day and my past memories are there to haunt me.

Thanks V

Vander_V said:
Phil im the same way i laugh so much people laugh at me , i try to fill in the sad and hard times of my life with being happy laughing and having fun but i still sometimes have that feeling where its hard to get through a day and my past memories are there to haunt me.

Sometimes life is tough. I appreciate your input. We see each other and others on here and feel like they have it perfect. Everyone struggles with something, be it past, present, future. I actually get depressed when I see guys dropping dead, getting arrested etc...guys we know on here.

PHIL HERNON said:
Believe me, I am no genetic freak. I might want to clarify. I gave it 100%, I was just really LAZY!!!!

Not a genetic freak? Yea, good one Phil. Bastard.

Just a thanks to Phil and Vander for your honesty. Your words are very eye opening and helpful to others myself included.

I am having one of those 'tough days' so your posts were especially good to read.

CROWLER

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity