over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you all warm up?

GoneForever

Banned
I want my 1st "real set" to be my heaviest set. Thats how I like to train but the problem is warming up. So lets take squats for example. I usually will put just a plate on each side and hit maybe 10 reps. Then 2 plates for maybe 5reps and then 3plates for maybe 5reps. These are not heavy, just warming up a bit. THEN i'll go to my heaviest at around 4-5plates for around 6reps. Thats my first true heavy set. So, whats the best way to warm up so you dont fuck something up, yet at the same time you dont fatique the muscle with all the warmups to get to the weight you want to do. I was thinking maybe just working your way up a plate each time but ony doing like 3reps, so that way your warming up your knees and back and the max set(1st set) wont cause injuries

I do 2 wmup sets on my 1st exercise only. 40% of my max for 10,then 70% of max for 10. Then i do my working sets at 100%. 3 exercises per body part. 2 working sets per. Good luck.

That would depend on the exercise. Are you talking about Squats & Deads or smaller muscle group exercises?

I do about 10min. of some form of cardio and usually a couple sets of warm ups prior the the exercise I am doing.

i don't take the warmup sets anywhere near failure, but i do try to really explode and accelerate through the later ones. those westside chains or bands are nice for this.

All depends on the muscle.
for quads ill do leg extensions in only the top range of motion for 30 reps, then the full ROM for 20 more.
then a couple light sets of squats, and im ready to go.

I just do some stretching and loosen off and then rack about 25% of my max weight and do about 50 reps. This gets me warmed up, doesnt fatigue me and works for me :)

15 minutes on the stepper then , before squats, 1-2 light sets on the leg press or extensions then pyramid up on the squat with light stretching in between the warm up sets and the working sets...Alex

ill use bench as an example...bar for 30, 135 for 10, 225 for 3, 275 for 2, 315 for 1, then 365 for one work set to failure, about 8 reps, then spotter helps me force 2 more reps past failure.

Five minutes on rowing machine seems to warm up and give me a good /stretch, I vary the pull from palms up to palms down to high/low pull. Seems to work for me better than anything I've tried.

Pekkerwood

Rotator Cuffs...Rotator Cuffs...Rotator Cuffs. Thats my big one. All others I use light weight (40% 1RM) for a couple sets of 10.

Rotator Cuffs...Rotator Cuffs...Rotator Cuffs. Thats my big one. All others I use light weight (40% 1RM) for a couple sets of 10.

Rotator cuffs is definitely a big thing for me before training chest, shoulders, tris, anything that may require ANY kind of pressing movement. Especially after my (not so) recent rotator cuff tear about a year and a half ago.

5-10 mins on bike or treadmill and lots of warm up sets, but even then I still tore my quad recently:mad:

Yah I should have specified more. Im mainly talking about larger muscle groups. Stuff like db curls i'll just do 30's for like 8reps then 45's for maybe 5reps and then jump into first work set at maybe 55 or 60lbs. But squats is the one im having a hard time figuring out.

Rotator cuffs is definitely a big thing for me before training chest, shoulders, tris, anything that may require ANY kind of pressing movement. Especially after my (not so) recent rotator cuff tear about a year and a half ago.

I'm big on rotator cuffs also before benches. I do a few sets of external rotation cable exercises. Nautilus machine for 20-30 reps with light weight, stretching and a few minutes on the arm bike in both directions. Then I warm up with just the bar for 30 reps, 1 set of 135, then 225..... Legs I just pyramid up light to heavy for 10-12 reps each set. I always do at least 5 minutes cardio (usually fast walk on treadmill) before workouts to get the blood flowing.

Fourth:

I really do use the rowing machine for even the large muscle groups. I crank up the resistance and do five minutes and I could do deads, squats, hacks, et. It isn't just for the cardio, I'm using it primarily to warm the muscles.

Last edited:
Fourth:

I really do use the rowing machine for even the large muscle groups. I crank up the resistance and do five minutes and I could do deads, squats, hacks, et. It isn't just for the cardio, I'm using it primarily to warm the muscles.

thanks brotha.

I want my 1st "real set" to be my heaviest set. Thats how I like to train but the problem is warming up. So lets take squats for example. I usually will put just a plate on each side and hit maybe 10 reps. Then 2 plates for maybe 5reps and then 3plates for maybe 5reps. These are not heavy, just warming up a bit. THEN i'll go to my heaviest at around 4-5plates for around 6reps. Thats my first true heavy set. So, whats the best way to warm up so you dont fuck something up, yet at the same time you dont fatique the muscle with all the warmups to get to the weight you want to do. I was thinking maybe just working your way up a plate each time but ony doing like 3reps, so that way your warming up your knees and back and the max set(1st set) wont cause injuries

I do 2 light sets of the exercise I'm about to go heavy on and thats it.

Horse linament, or Hot Stuff , I put that on and do some lights sets and when it kicks in go for the gusto. J.R.

for squats and deads i like to get the muscles really warm, i feel it helps my lifts. usually 30 reps with the bar 3 sets of 10 at 135, 225 x5 for 2 sets, none of this is taxing but i feel like it gets the blood where it needs to be if you know what i mean. i do get a verry slight pump.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131