How many of you cut during a cycle?

• I cut on cycle and bulk when off/cruising

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • I cut off cycle/while cruising and always use my cycles to gain

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • I cut and bulk on cycle

Votes: 55 78.6%

• Total voters
Eat clean. Eat just enough to gain a few lb a month. Keep test and gh high. Well timed insulin. Do a little fasted cardio. Gain slowly basically. You'll maintain much better insulin sensitivity this way. With enough gear you can grow muscle in a deficit. Others like to use food as there Anabolic, get a bit chubby and ramp every thing up pre contest. I've seen both ways work. I prefer staying lean as I hate dieting

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

few things here.. there's no such as "clean eating" .. I do wash my food if needed , does that count ?
You have to stay on moderate to high gear doses to be able gain mass on a deficit . TRT will not help , and not everyone want to blast year around. now gaining slowly is the point I support; but even if you're going to gain slowly ; without surplus or even close to surplus; you will not be a mass monster. I don't know of any pro that are lean year around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

few things here.. there's no such as "clean eating" .. I do wash my food if needed , does that count ?
You have to stay on moderate to high gear doses to be able gain mass on a deficit . TRT will not help , and not everyone want to blast year around. now gaining slowly is the point I support; but even if you're going to gain slowly ; without surplus or even close to surplus; you will not be a mass monster. I don't know of any pro that are lean year around

Clean, decent macros whatever. Eating clean just means as little processed shit ass possible. Sweet potato, avocado and chicken breast in the long run will be better than big macs at the same macros though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I don't compete, but I try and cut once a year for summer. Its the closest I get to contest condition. In the ten years I have been doing this, I always used higher doses (cycle/blast doses) for gaining mass and lower doses (what many would call cruising or bridging doses) to cut. I don't blast and cruise full time yet.

My reasoning for lower doses during cutting is that I can't really gain mass while in a deficit, so taking too much of the drugs won't result in any more gains.

I have heard people 'growing into the show' though, and I am currently trying that right now. I'm using drugs that I would normally use for cutting, reducing calories, but for the first time I am using more standard doses (1g total AAS per week). I am only one month in, but so far I am thinking I should save my high doses for gaining mass.... the higher doses I am using now aren't speeding up my fat loss more than normal, and I don't think I am gaining any extra muscle, so I might be wasting it. Time will tell for sure though.

How was your experience with 'growing into the show'?

Basically like the title says, do you guys spend time cutting on cycles, or use them solely for gains and try to cut off cycle? It seems like cutting off cycle would just make you lose everything (this happened to me after a designer steroid cycle) and if you try to bulk off cycle it seems like it would be almost all fat. I’m starting to see why people never want to come off :D

I tried to start my first ‘real’ cycle pretty lean, but for whatever reason I kept losing strength and size so I started it at 196.8lb 33.5in waist arms 16.5in maybe 16% body fat. 500mg Test E for 10 weeks, 30mg superdrol 1st 4 weeks. Well in the first 2 weeks I ate what’s normally maintenance and went up to 208 and 34.25in. waist, arms 17. Started my cut officially and now finishing at 192.4, 32.75in waist, 16.75in arms. I feel like even though I lost a decent amount of fat from the start of the cut at 208 if you actually compare to the start of the cycle I’m really not much leaner. On top of that I would imagine that coming off cycle I will start to lose the little strength gains I had. Although I’m really hoping that’s negligible since I’m ending a cut and therefore increasing calories. I feel like if I just ate at maintenance I would be so much further along with quantifiable progress, but then again also fatter then I’d like to be. End result is I seem to have lost maybe 5lb of fat overall and I’m a little stronger than before the cycle but nothing much to speak off, no real PRs (I was a little weaker than usual starting the cycle). I’m pretty disappointed to be honest for my first 10 weeks on AAS. I feel like at this point I’m just going to maintain weight while trying to get any strength gains I can until my next cycle which probably wouldn’t be until October or November.

Another interesting thing is that normally if I lose almost pure fat I will lose an inch off my waist for every 6lb or so of weight loss, whereas this time it took about 10lb of weight loss for that same inch coming down from 208 (which would normally indicate more muscle loss for me) even though I gained a little strength throughout the cycle. It just wouldn’t go down. This final week I lost 1.5lb and it was exactly the same. Do people tend to hold water around the stomach in particular more on cycle? I don’t feel like I’m holding much water just from looking at me but last blood work showed test around 2300 and E around 55 so I would assume that would be causing some water weight and maybe I will look leaner when coming off?
I usually lean bulk or bulk then cut at end.

Reason is the right cycle set up to cut and nutrition allow me to lose body fat calorie restricted and with enough protien the gear allows me to hold muscle!!!

Cutting can equal catabolic. Anabolic steroids prevent this with enough protien present.

I can use t3 on cut and lose no muscle on cut.

What most guys don't realize is how much smaller they are at 8% bf compared to 14%.

I see guys who think they gonna keep bulking at 23% bf and lose fat and end up same size somehow!!!

My experience is bulkers that aromatase feed estro fed fat around midsection and chest areas!!!

To hold most muscle to cut my experience is gear us necessary. It takes me way more gear to cut to 7% than to bulk and be at 14%

Anyway another good approach is after a cut calorie restricted we are primed for growth.
Do it right and hold leanness and I can grow and stay lean after a cut.

I also blast and cruise been on TRT prolly 6 years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Diet diet diet.... Go look whay i did in 28 days in members pic section....yes good amount of gear... Spot on diet and two a dau cardio is key.. I ran more if u lool far enoigj back and got waaay less..

Where would I find this, did you do a log ?

Interesting you say two a day cardio

I'm doing two a week cardio at the minute, that is probably where I'm going wrong in my quest to get ripped , 2 vs 14 sessions of cardio a week is a giant difference

I've always wondered how much cardio to do to get ripped and from your answer it's clear I'm doing no where near enough. I'll try to up it to 4 times as of this week it's just hard because of my job

What kind of cardio did you do? I'm guessing all incline treadmill liss so it didn't affect recovery ?.

I honestly find myself always trying to stay lean and cycling i have a hard time growing mentally I suck at gaining weight (used to be fat problems)

Best way to works for is bulk first for 8 weeks, a quick break or cruise for 3-4 weeks, 8 week cut, quick 3-4 week break or cruise, 8 week sustain/Harden. Weight wise coming from 6 months off is 195 to 230ish to 210-212 and maintain and harden to 208-210ish. But that's 6 months worth of use and is a bit taxing. It's what finally killed my HPTA so be forewarned.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity