advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to make threads into document format?

RONJON

Kilo Klub Member
How do I do this I would like to take some of these great threads and make them into documents to save and print at a later time?

RONJON

im on a mac at the moment so i cant double check right now but on my pc i have the ability to "print to file". i click print as i would normally but instead of having my printer slected i check "print to file". sorry, if i were at home this would be easier - hope that helps :)

btw that turns them into a pdf or something similar, cant remember - i should probably refrain from giving advice til im certain on these matters haha

I have opera...I'm sure its the same with IE.
Go to file -> save as then you're done.

im on a mac at the moment so i cant double check right now but on my pc i have the ability to "print to file". i click print as i would normally but instead of having my printer slected i check "print to file". sorry, if i were at home this would be easier - hope that helps :)

btw that turns them into a pdf or something similar, cant remember - i should probably refrain from giving advice til im certain on these matters haha

lemme know if you get a chance later bro...

Would copy a paste in Word be to much work ?
Meaning that if it were a long thread that would be a lot of copy and pasting
I do that with studys .

Hot Rocks
Rock On!

Would copy a paste in Word be to much work ?
Meaning that if it were a long thread that would be a lot of copy and pasting
I do that with studys .

Hot Rocks
Rock On!

If you save it as HTML, it keeps the format as well as who posted it and when...just like when it's on the forum, just saved on your comp.

lemme know if you get a chance later bro...

didnt forget about you bro was just very busy, how did the saving threads work out for you. btw im on a pc at the moment and here's what you do to the t, assuming you are using internet explorer.

if you're on the page you want saved here is what you do

step 1: hit ctrl+p

step 2: check print to file box (under the printer slection)

step 3: you will be asked to save it, do just that and your done.

note: you will need to do this on every page of the specified thread, not too much of a hassel but the only method im currently aware of. just save them as the thread name and attach pg 1, pg 2, etc to the end of em - a piece of cake :) hope that helped

Well what I am looking to do exactly is say there is a thread with like 50 pages of responses...

Well how would I save it to a file so if anything happened to the thread (deleted or whatever) I would have it on file?

Hopefully also in a good format so it could be printed and look good.

RONJON

So far I am having problems...either I saved as a PDF doc but it was just the first page.

Then I tried to save it to HTML file...which dont know if it worked..i opened it with internet explorer and seemed like the website just popped back up..dont know if it would dissapear if the thread was deleted? And would really like to make it as professional looking as possible

ANY MORE IDEAS???:(

Well what I am looking to do exactly is say there is a thread with like 50 pages of responses...

Well how would I save it to a file so if anything happened to the thread (deleted or whatever) I would have it on file?

Hopefully also in a good format so it could be printed and look good.

RONJON

So far I am having problems...either I saved as a PDF doc but it was just the first page.

Then I tried to save it to HTML file...which dont know if it worked..i opened it with internet explorer and seemed like the website just popped back up..dont know if it would dissapear if the thread was deleted? And would really like to make it as professional looking as possible

ANY MORE IDEAS???:(

this is where your going to have troubles, when you save a page you dont save its links. ie page 2 is a link.

now i know that some html editing software allows that, i'll have to give that a look when i get a chance. lmao i bet you thought this was going to be a lot easier :)

this is where your going to have troubles, when you save a page you dont save its links. ie page 2 is a link.

now i know that some html editing software allows that, i'll have to give that a look when i get a chance. lmao i bet you thought this was going to be a lot easier :)

YEA I SURE DID!!! lol

Please lemme know what you find out bro..i would really like to figure out how to do this

RON

Are you talking about doing a print screen with ctrl+p?
I'm telling you, if you just save the page as HTML it'll do 1 full page of a thread with all the formatting like it is on here and you just print it.

Are you talking about doing a print screen with ctrl+p?
I'm telling you, if you just save the page as HTML it'll do 1 full page of a thread with all the formatting like it is on here and you just print it.

So if I wanted to say save the Dave P question and answer thread (just for example)..it is many pages long! I would like to save it to a document that didnt have the pictures..didnt have the website..or avatars or anything...I would like each post to be separate and make it into like a word document...this is my objective. I know it is hard to explain. Prolly impossible to do anyways:eek:

So if I wanted to say save the Dave P question and answer thread (just for example)..it is many pages long! I would like to save it to a document that didnt have the pictures..didnt have the website..or avatars or anything...I would like each post to be separate and make it into like a word document...this is my objective. I know it is hard to explain. Prolly impossible to do anyways:eek:

it would only save the page you are looking at, not the next page etc etc. It will link you to them, but then again your back on promucle like from the start.

it would only save the page you are looking at, not the next page etc etc. It will link you to them, but then again your back on promucle like from the start.

hahahaha when i figure this shit out...i am gunna let u guys know how i did it lol

I am damned determined lol :D

Ok, I just saved this page as HTML, and it looked 100% exactly like it expect it was saved on my computer.
Just make a folder, and name it the thread name, then save each page. And you're done.

Ok, I just saved this page as HTML, and it looked 100% exactly like it expect it was saved on my computer.
Just make a folder, and name it the thread name, then save each page. And you're done.

7: that is because it is refrencing, the pro muscle server. disconnect your internet and clear your cookies and you will be left with perhaps the writing (which is what i suppose is what he is after) however the links will not work (try it) he will not be able to view page 2,3,4 etc - and thats a pain for a thread with 30 pages and he is after something that'll save everything for him not just the page he is looking at.

btw when you click on a link from the file you saved and your online, check the html address and you'll see that you're back online the promuscle site not the file you saved.

7: that is because it is refrencing, the pro muscle server. disconnect your internet and clear your cookies and you will be left with perhaps the writing (which is what i suppose is what he is after) however the links will not work (try it) he will not be able to view page 2,3,4 etc - and thats a pain for a thread with 30 pages and he is after something that'll save everything for him not just the page he is looking at.

btw when you click on a link from the file you saved and your online, check the html address and you'll see that you're back online the promuscle site not the file you saved.

I know the links wont work, he was just asking how to save a page onto his computer.
I just took the page I saved(this thread) and put it on a comp I never logged onto PM with.
It loaded fine, and looked just like it. When I went to click a banner, it asked me if I wanted to load it. I knew it'd do that, and I dont think it's that big of a deal.
I get what you're saying, he'll need to save each page, 1 2 3 4 etc...
Just make a folder with the thread name or w/e and save each page, It'd take about 2 secs per page.

I know the links wont work, he was just asking how to save a page onto his computer.
I just took the page I saved(this thread) and put it on a comp I never logged onto PM with.
It loaded fine, and looked just like it. When I went to click a banner, it asked me if I wanted to load it. I knew it'd do that, and I dont think it's that big of a deal.
I get what you're saying, he'll need to save each page, 1 2 3 4 etc...
Just make a folder with the thread name or w/e and save each page, It'd take about 2 secs per page.

yea i understand what you're getting at now as well, but you have to remember that he will have to edit the source codes to link to his saved files vs the pro muscel site. i think we're both at an agreement tho more or less that its going to be needed saving one page at a time.....however i believe that microsoft expression can download all links associated or wait a minute wow, i cant believe i forgot this lmao. im on a mac at the moment but on a pc with internet explorer you can actually have the pagesmade available for offline viewing and have all links saved as well. lmao that is so much easier :) so even if promuscle discards the threads for whatever reason or you cant get online, you will actaully have the threads saved. i will elaborate when im on a pc tomorow.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws