over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ICE Baths

aphextwin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I’m curious to hear if anyone on here have done Ice baths. If so, for often, long, and noticeable benefits?

Hell no!!!!! I’ve fallen through the ice on a lake once… I didn’t enjoy the feeling! So the thought of volunteering to jump into ice cold water is not high on my list! To each there own though.

Cage

I've had problems with nerve impingement in 2 locations, cervical and lumbar for many years. I started doing full body cryotherapy and HOLY SHIT! I am like a young man. Honestly I had low expectations ,but got some $25 vouchers and decided to give it a go. Best decision ever. I highly recommend this therapy

I've had problems with nerve impingement in 2 locations, cervical and lumbar for many years. I started doing full body cryotherapy and HOLY SHIT! I am like a young man. Honestly I had low expectations ,but got some $25 vouchers and decided to give it a go. Best decision ever. I highly recommend this therapy
Interesting. I’ll look into it.

We'll do them fairly infrequently, short term it always makes my hip feel better. Stay in 8-12 minutes, from what I've read that's quite a lot but 🤷‍♂️

Have been put through that method of "injury recovery" in the past and it sucks.....really bad.

I shower each morning then finish with about one minute full cold water then many evenings I do a hot/cold contrast shower. About two minutes as hot as I can handle then thirty seconds or so if ice cold. Then for the third round I stay in the ice cold shower as long as I can take always working to control my breathing. Basically free and makes me feel amazing...

I haven't done an ice bath in a while but have done the cryotherapy and boy that is amazing too...price went down too since there is now competition.

We'll do them fairly infrequently, short term it always makes my hip feel better. Stay in 8-12 minutes, from what I've read that's quite a lot but 🤷‍♂️
I can handle the 10-12 minutes. Like anything my body will adjust to the change. I’m going to try it after my workout.

I've been doing them for a few years now an it makes a world of difference. I've even heard studies as how it can help with burning different layers of fat we have in our body. The study says that Exposure to cold temperatures causes stem cells to form brown fat instead of white fat. Brown fat causes our bodies to burn extra calories to keep warm. So, if we could produce brown fat instead of white fat, that could help us burn off excess fat.

Cold exposure therapy likely has its place in a program, depending on the desired outcome.

However, it's likely best to separate resistance training and cold exposure with adequate duration. The fear is that the antibi-inflammatory effects of the cold may make you feel better, but it may hinder the effectiveness of the training just performed. Inflammation is a response to resistance training that sets off important downstream cascades for recovery.

The literature isn't clear but you may want to separate these by at least several hours just in case.

I have used cold exposure as an adjuct to dieting.

COLD SHOCK PROTEINS are activated. they are in a league of your own. cold shock boosts NOREPINEPHRINE and NORADRENALINE levels according to lab studies.

Cold exposure therapy likely has its place in a program, depending on the desired outcome.

However, it's likely best to separate resistance training and cold exposure with adequate duration. The fear is that the antibi-inflammatory effects of the cold may make you feel better, but it may hinder the effectiveness of the training just performed. Inflammation is a response to resistance training that sets off important downstream cascades for recovery.

The literature isn't clear but you may want to separate these by at least several hours just in case.

I have used cold exposure as an adjuct to dieting.
Dr. Joseph Mercola detoxed a ton of the 911 first responders and he had excellent results having his patients RINSE briefly after sauna then jump into ice bath immediately

I like to explain it to people this way - imagine you have a steak, you want to marinate it and juice that mfer out before cooking for best results right, sauna -vasodilator same principle, cold vasoconstrictor it locks in the nutrients into your cells. At least that is my theory lol

That's a meta analysis of 8 papers. I'd need to pull and read each one.... I will after Christmas.... But I expect they performed the ice bath directly after training. Which may actually inhibit recovery, the concern I previously expressed.

I take cold showers daily, I do the Wim Hof thing where you do breathing exercises and follow up w cold exposure. The body's reflex is to clamp down and tense up but if you can stay loose and relaxed the water feels room temperature. It's pretty cool and feels great, but no idea if it ha physiological effects :D

I take cold showers daily, I do the Wim Hof thing where you do breathing exercises and follow up w cold exposure. The body's reflex is to clamp down and tense up but if you can stay loose and relaxed the water feels room temperature. It's pretty cool and feels great, but no idea if it ha physiological effects :D
Dude, I did the Wim Hof thing and it worked great. I read a lot about him before I tried it, but surprisingly enough it worked great. My greatest challenge at first was relaxing in cold water. Didn't think I could ever do it.

Dude, I did the Wim Hof thing and it worked great. I read a lot about him before I tried it, but surprisingly enough it worked great. My greatest challenge at first was relaxing in cold water. Didn't think I could ever do it.
he is good for our era but the yogis have known this secret for thousands of years

That's a meta analysis of 8 papers. I'd need to pull and read each one.... I will after Christmas.... But I expect they performed the ice bath directly after training. Which may actually inhibit recovery, the concern I previously expressed.
heat shock then cold shock always imo

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity