over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IMO the most overlooked aspect of training in bodybuilding: WORK CAPACITY

flexmaster

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
ive been contemplating starting a thread about this for a while. work capacity (in a broad sense) refers to the amount of work a person can perform and fully recover from. people with high work capacity can perform workouts of greater intensity and recover quicker than those with lower work capacity. i have never seen this topic discussed here before, and i believe it can help some of you greatly! the ability to recover faster between workouts means more frequent training, which means an increased rate of hypertrophy. being able to train with higher intensity will recruit more motor units which will also increase the rate of hypertrophy. a pretty effective way of increasing work capacity is to do a full body plate circuit before your workout. you also increase work capacity by decreasing rest time between sets, ect... but a plate circuit is probably the easiest for most here who dont time rest periods and whatnot. ok, here it is: with a 25lb plate do each exercise back to back with NO rest for 2 sets, reps should be as fast as possible (but dont be a jackass and do them half ass.) take a 1min rest between sets.

plate circuit:
squat to overhead press x10
lunge and twist x10 each leg
standing bench x10 (really try to SNAP the arms here)
russian twist x10 each side
rest 1 min
repeat 1 more set

do this before every workout no matter what you are training that day. do your best to keep your normal pace of your workout and dont drop the weights of your exercises. do the plate circuit for 4-6 weeks then stop. if you feel you are able to, try to increase the plate from 25lb to a 35lb sometime during the second or third week.

FLEXMASTER....CAN YOU POST SOME EXAMPLES OF ...

SOME OF THOSE MOVEMENTS? LIKE THE RUSSIAN TWIST FOR EXAMPLE?

INTERESTING THREAD.....JUST NEED SOME MORE INFO.

THANKS.

Flexmaster is very savvy with the computer.........:D I wish I know how to post all these pics and vids................. :p

Thanks, Flex!

squat to overhead press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9qdbpHNAm4 (first exercise he shows)

lunge and twist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0HLl6DnQ90 (do them standing not walking, use the plate not a med ball)

standing bench: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFS7vMeNtxM (keep feet in line with eachother and replace the bar with a plate, he is "snapping" his arms very well. move FAST)

russian twist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCB3kxqhbuY

there you go big guy :)

I'll start doing some those. It looks like it would keep a person more mobile and athletic as well.

that standing bench thing is crazy:eek:

Wow...Standing Bench...huh. :eek:

That looks really different. I have never seen that before! :cool:

Flexmaster is very savvy with the computer.........:D I wish I know how to post all these pics and vids................. :p
and now im multi-quoting! wow, i am simply amazing:cool:
I'll start doing some those. It looks like it would keep a person more mobile and athletic as well.
definately would keep you mobile and athletic...which are two other things i think a fair amount of the members here can benefit from *ahem ahem*;)
that standing bench thing is crazy:eek:
especially the way he did it. it looks way cooler using a barbell with bumpers rather than a plate. lol
Wow...Standing Bench...huh. :eek:

That looks really different. I have never seen that before! :cool:

its definately not something you would see very many people doing, thats for sure.

the main idea here fellas is that we are getting LOTS of compund reps in a very short amount of time. if you do the plate circuit i wrote out with a 35lb plate you will be doing an EXTRA 4200lbs of work...in hopefully under 3 minutes. your body will adapt to this in a relatively short amount of time...and when it does returning to your previous volume & intensity would be a walk in the park.

INTERESTING....

My body seems to adapt to workload very well actually. My best time for muscle growth is always precontest (yea i know). Its funny because i gain my MOST weight as i get CLOSER to the show! Its something like this

Weeks 16-12....cleaning up my diet, starting to train harder......

12-8 body has become very conditioned, drive and motivation are up, diet is completely clean and calorie restrictive, much increased volume and workout frequency....gains start coming stronger than in weeks 16-12

8-4 this is where i make my BEST gains believe it or not. calorie restricted and all. volume, intensity, and frequency are all through the roof at this point. body has adapted. minimal rest between sets. If im looking to gain 15lbs for a show, half of it is expected to be here...every time. after this point i really calorie restrict and make no more gains.....

Reading your post and then looking back on my personal experience, this is something i never though of before, but makes VERY good sense. The more my body becomes able to adapt and handle more volume, the better i grow.

INTERESTING....

My body seems to adapt to workload very well actually. My best time for muscle growth is always precontest (yea i know). Its funny because i gain my MOST weight as i get CLOSER to the show! Its something like this

Weeks 16-12....cleaning up my diet, starting to train harder......

12-8 body has become very conditioned, drive and motivation are up, diet is completely clean and calorie restrictive, much increased volume and workout frequency....gains start coming stronger than in weeks 16-12

8-4 this is where i make my BEST gains believe it or not. calorie restricted and all. volume, intensity, and frequency are all through the roof at this point. body has adapted. minimal rest between sets. If im looking to gain 15lbs for a show, half of it is expected to be here...every time. after this point i really calorie restrict and make no more gains.....

Reading your post and then looking back on my personal experience, this is something i never though of before, but makes VERY good sense. The more my body becomes able to adapt and handle more volume, the better i grow.
yet you've never thought of it right? when have you ever seen this kind of topic brought up? evryone always tries to keep from overtraining...well why not try to make our bodies tougher? my personal belief is most people are MUCH too weak minded to handle what thier body can actually take. our bodies are WAY fucking tougher than most give them credit for.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws