advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Input requested: Comparing volumes of 2 vials of lyophilized powders of equal weight

badmofo

Newbies
Ok, so I ordered 2MG of CJC-1295 (modified w/o DAC) from one company, and then 2MG of Hexarelin from another company. When I looked at the lyophilized powders of each I noticed the quantities differed greatly.

Would it be considered normal for these two products, even though of the same weight, to be of different volume? (An analogy could be a piece of lead and a bunch of feathers weighing the same, but of course there would need to be far more feathers to equal the same weight as the piece of led.) Or could one have a filler? What kind of filler would this be? Or could I have just gotten more product (doubtful)? Though if that were the case, finding the correct dosage could be an issue.

The photo included shows the CJC-1295 on the left and the Hexarelin on the right. The CJC-1295 has more than 3 times the molecular weight of Hexarelin, so I would expect the CJC-1295 to be the "lead" in the above analogy, meaning less product to equal 2MG. But as you can see, there is far more CJC-1295 powder than Hexarelin powder.

Maybe I'm missing some kind of chemistry lesson in the freeze drying process of the original solution, so any thoughts are welcome. Do these volumes look typical for these powders at 2MG? Any information or input from personal experience, purchases, or research would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8207_small.jpg
    IMG_8207_small.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 1,716
the one on the left looks like what I would expect 2mg of lypholized powder to look like.

That's what I was thinking too. I will make an inquiry with the supplier and see what they say. Thanks for your input EasyEJL.

It is likely nothing. Most of what you see is filler anyway. I never had Hex, but possibly different peptides need different buffers and different quantities of buffers. I do know that 5mg of ghrp-6 looks like 2mg cjc when I have had it.

Only time I could see this as a concern if its the same vials from the same manfacture of the same product. For example. I had about 10vials of GHRP6 from EDS. They all looked diff. Some full, some a few flakes,etc..

A genuine peptide synthesizing chemist does not aliquot by hand. There is uniformity and the lypholizer will aliquot, add buffer, freeze dry within a vacuum wherein the vial is sealed.

You may ask yourself then how does there become a lot of visible inequality between vials of the same compound or as happened to Stenlabs last year... a dead fly ended up in a vial and was sent out to a member of this forum.

The reason is they don't want to pay the extra money for the manufacture to aliquot for them. They buy it in a bulk container and then weigh it out or eye ball it :rolleyes: in to their own empty vials and then crimp.

Ok so talked to the supplier and sent him an image, and (of course) he said it is a normal amount for the Hex. So I guess I will take it as such and see how the research goes. May post the experience here as I find time. Thanks again guys.

Ok so talked to the supplier and sent him an image, and (of course) he said it is a normal amount for the Hex. So I guess I will take it as such and see how the research goes. May post the experience here as I find time. Thanks again guys.

I am using Hex at the moment. I've used it in the past as well.

In fact I have had it made for myself and others. Your supplier is incorrect.

Well this is as I suspected, and I'm fairly new to these peptides. It's also why I posted this thread. I guess now it's time to find a better quality supplier of Hex and other peps. (And PS the supplier I purchased from is one the more prominent peptide board sponsors, hard to miss really, so I am honestly a little surprised and disappointed.)

Well time to shop around and see what I get next time (crosses fingers). I thought maybe to try the same supplier again and give him the benefit of the doubt that it was just a mistaken vial, but I'm thinking that's not the best option.

I do think a rating system of sorts for our board sponsors here would be beneficial. It could help the consumers' decisions, as well as promote a little healthy business competitiveness (in quality as well as service). Just a thought. Any other suggestions for picking out a supplier that fits each persons need? Be it quality, price, service, form of payment, heh etc. Thanks again all :)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear