advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intersting read by Chris Aceto (pay attention noobs)

i'm pretty sure this is a thread about properly dieting down. NOT building muscle., NOT symmetry....its about losing fat while keeping muscle so you don't come in flat and small. really.
if you want to read about getting bigger, there's lotsa threads to read. maybe someone doesnt like the guy being referenced?

Well

i'm pretty sure this is a thread about properly dieting down. NOT building muscle., NOT symmetry....its about losing fat while keeping muscle so you don't come in flat and small. really.
if you want to read about getting bigger, there's lotsa threads to read. maybe someone doesnt like the guy being referenced?

Yea, but is it really that big of deal to you that it switched directions? I mean, you read how to do it right? It is all there.............what more is there? Now, try to build muscle..........thats hard.

How many times do you see guys that have loads of muscle only to lose due to lack of conditioning....

So while I completely understand what Phil is saying -- I know he also means that being shredded is crucial in winning shows, but its a fine art to balance the 2......

That is where a good trainer will shine --- keeping you big and round while getting you into appropriate winning condition.

-FF

Well said bud.

Not to pick on any trainers, but I see trainers bragging about clients and how lean they got..........well, I could take a guy at the beach and starve him for 10 weeks and get him that lean........this is about MUSCLE and SHAPE and SYMMETRY.......where are these same guys AFTER the show? Same body as before, looking like they were surfing.......hey, nothing against surfing but muscles dont win a surfing contest and visa versa.

I think this is a really good point. Starving yourself (the term is relative) + the correct drug regimen will get a guy shredded

WHAT?!?!?
**broken link removed**

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/Aceto/ca2.jpg

but I agree aceto is where it's at.

I actually never saw a pic of what he looked like a long time ago. I was just going by what Phil said. I guess I was wrong

Last edited:
I actually never saw a pic of what he looked like a long time ago. I was just going by what Phil said. I guess I was wrong

yea it's not biggie, many don't remember/know.

But phil said "known to be shredded in a show".... only 4 guys I can think of that being shredded is THE thing they are known for (trying to rationalize what phil meant... ie he must have been thinking of a very small group that 'known to be shredded in a show' or else aceto would be included). One is dead. One still competing. One never went pro.

Last edited:
Well

yea it's not biggie, many don't remember/know.

But phil said "known to be shredded in a show".... only 4 guys I can think of that being shredded is THE thing they are known for (trying to rationalize what phil meant... ie he must have been thinking of a very small group that 'known to be shredded in a show' or else aceto would be included). One is dead. One still competing. One never went pro.

That pic of Chris.......look, I understand you guys are not IFBB pros, but he is just maybe lean there, not shredded. I got that lean....Bboy got that lean..........its not even that lean....he is somewhat smooth there......I understand you guys are looking at it differently then we do. I should have said ROCK HARD and DRY........hows that?

Chris Aceto also said NO cardio in off season. And smith-machine is the only way to squat.

Glad i've never followed any of his methods. He had a good thing going with Jay, but his methods seem a bit outdated at this point.

If you don't have the best symmetry and shape, or oodles of muscle filling your frame. Conditioning will carry you.

Chris Aceto is known by other nutritionists to be the best in the biz at what he does. He has a great track record, and I don't think he turns it in to a dieting contest. He is dealing with pros who have a lot of muscle on there frames, they just have had a hard time nailing it come show time.

Chris Aceto also said NO cardio in off season. And smith-machine is the only way to squat.

Glad i've never followed any of his methods. He had a good thing going with Jay, but his methods seem a bit outdated at this point.

If his work with Cedric McMillan this past weekend was outdated, we need to get back to that.

I remember when Ced turned pro....was Chris helping him then? Curious as I do not know.....I know Dante helped his training

No, just recently.. but this was his best look to date by far.. huge and shredded... beautiful lines.. awesome combo...

Very true , but it seems that most guys dont have much issue getting bigger though it tends to add fat hence the need for dieting.
It seems that guys can get down pretty lean in the 7-8% range and after that it seems to get tough

Completely disagree. I see lots of very lean guys that lack size. You see it a lot from guys that know they dont have the size or shape to win, so they "starve themselves" to try to be the most conditioned guy on stage.

Especially as you go up in the level of competition, the main thing holding people back is size. You can get shredded in a matter of weeks. It takes years upon years to build a top quality, national level physique. The guys that diet themselves to oblivion and spend months after just getting back to where they were before dieting down are shooting themselves in the foot.

But, like others have said, it's finding the balance that's the key...I'm still trying to nail it down myself. But I'd rather err on the side of continuing to grow as I find that balance

That pic of Chris.......look, I understand you guys are not IFBB pros, but he is just maybe lean there, not shredded. I got that lean....Bboy got that lean..........its not even that lean....he is somewhat smooth there......I understand you guys are looking at it differently then we do. I should have said ROCK HARD and DRY........hows that?

I agree. Those shots were also in prefect studio lighting etc.

Chris Aceto prepped this physique (NY Pro winner this past weekend).
I'm pretty sure Dante had a role as well.

Huge + Shredded + Beautiful Shape = Win

Attachments

• cedric.jpg
    cedric.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 24,587
Last edited:

Wow. This fits into the category of "people that post that don't knwo what the hell they are talking about"
lets not stop at ced. Eduardo, Demayo,will harris, victor martinez, troy alves, jay cutler, mike francois, chris cook, list goes on.

This is not just a list of big names... look at their conditioning under him, amazing if not their best look (ie jay, victor, eduardo, cedric, etc.)

cause he's a member here I'll throw in Dusty's name too :D

Last edited:
Chris Aceto prepped this physique (NY Pro winner this past weekend).
I'm pretty sure Dante had a role as well.

Huge + Shredded + Beautiful Shape = Win

One year earlier w/o aceto/DC and other issues

Attachments

• DSC_1076_RBVVMCZKIM.jpg
    DSC_1076_RBVVMCZKIM.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 10,926
Last edited:
Dude looked phenomenal defiantly feel as a good coach is worth your weight in gold :D

Thanks to gunsmith great postup!!! I love these informative posts by all!!!

Having said that does anyone know how much tren test GH slin i need to become a IFBB pro.... j/k :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws