over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jantana on the face?

jp2007

Registered
Those of you that compete or have used jantana.. Do you avoid the face and just use a bronzer to make it not look so pale, or do you put a light coat on the face?

not sure what protocol you are using, but I used pro-tan first and Jan Tana comp color after. I did not appy the jan tana to my face, I just went with the protan that was alreayd on there from previous sprayings.

I am actually applying my friends color. We did 2 coats of protan, and 1 coat of jantana comp color. In the morning I'll be doing touch ups, BUT I did not touch his face with any of the colors yet. I was thinking when I do the touch up I may do a light coat of the jantana on his face. I'm just nervous about screwing up HIS color, this is my first time doing it and it's his first show!

I am actually applying my friends color. We did 2 coats of protan, and 1 coat of jantana comp color. In the morning I'll be doing touch ups, BUT I did not touch his face with any of the colors yet. I was thinking when I do the touch up I may do a light coat of the jantana on his face. I'm just nervous about screwing up HIS color, this is my first time doing it and it's his first show!

IS your friend already really tan from tanning or a naturally dark guy? thats not alot of color bro. I am a pale white guy and I would do least 1 whole bottle of jantana high def comp color. you dont want to be the lightest guy out there.

next time I would get your protocol straight at least a week or two before. Or do a trial run.

That really isn't much extra color at all. If you really get good and dark with products but use nothing on the face, you look ridiculous. I always liked to get as dark as I could in the sun and/or tanning bed, then do a coat of Protan every night for a week. Most of it showers off but each coat stains the skin a little more. No shower after the Friday night coat, and then another coat Saturday AM. I'd have a jar of Dream Tan on hand, and if the stage lighting was suitable I'd add a coat of that before walking out there..
It's been 6 years since my last show. I don't know what Jan Tana is putting out there now, but way back in the day the old Jan Tana liquid lotion was the God Awfulest mess I ever tried to use. The whole inside of my home and car looked like camouflage after the show. Most of us used it, though, and we looked as much like coal miners than bodybuilders, especially on the face.

I did three coats of pro-tan (washed first coat off) and then jan tana comp color right before stage time. Color was the best on stage.

It's not regular jantana.. It's the comp color, it says it only need to be applied once.. He has a good base tan, but from the protan/jantana he is really dark!. I'm just trying to figure out what's the best way to make the face blend in.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner