over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shrugs on the hack squat

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I know a lot of guys like to do shrugs on the standing calf raise machine. My gym doesn't have one. Today I tried using the hack squat. Works perfectly. And you can load it up a lot heavier than any standing calf machine.

So your using the hacksquat to do Hise shrugs?

I get it. You dont want to use your arm. Just Start a blog and update it with all your nuggets of info

I did the hise shrugs rp style, didn't really like it. May feel better with higher reps. I do like just grabbing the 45 plates in the empty part and doing 1-2 Seth sets. How can wyck does the DB shrug .I like higher reps for shrugs but I'm biased because I've been going from heavy low volume to high reps in general lately.

I love hise shrugs, they really blow up my traps. You can always do it the classic way with a barbell on your back too. Zercher shrugs are also underrated

I started doing shrugs like that 30 some years ago and like them well enough. But prefered the calf raise as the gym i trained at for years which would take over 1000 pounds. Was just a yoke bolted to the wall and a pole bolted to the floor that it road on. I would pull the chuck of steel railroad rail we had over to do calf raises on.

I started doing shrugs like that 30 some years ago and like them well enough. But prefered the calf raise as the gym i trained at for years which would take over 1000 pounds. Was just a yoke bolted to the wall and a pole bolted to the floor that it road on. I would pull the chuck of steel railroad rail we had over to do calf raises on.
My gym has a short length of a rail as well as a 4x4 piece of lumber and it's perfect depth for calf raises!

My gym has a short length of a rail as well as a 4x4 piece of lumber and it's perfect depth for calf raises!
I have used the wood block too. But was always leary of having to much weight on the edge and flipping it, probably just being paranoid. The rail always felt very solid and had a wider base.

I have used the wood block too. But was always leary of having to much weight on the edge and flipping it, probably just being paranoid. The rail always felt very solid and had a wider base.
I’ve had one of those short red stands w the black rubber top at most big box gyms flip on me under heavy load…. Fuck me, that left a mark on the already torn up shins.

Not as bad as someone eating shit falling off a treadmill but I’m sure anyone who caught a glimpse got a good laugh.

I’ve had one of those short red stands w the black rubber top at most big box gyms flip on me under heavy load…. Fuck me, that left a mark on the already torn up shins.

Not as bad as someone eating shit falling off a treadmill but I’m sure anyone who caught a glimpse got a good laugh.
Oh yes I've taken many a faceplant into the mirror that's in front of the smith machine when the block flips out from under my toes. Lucky didn't break the mirror or bust up my nose but just my pride wounded.

Do a search on YouTube for "Try this crazy trap technique for a 3D back." Mike Van Wyck
Been using this technique for the last couple months and my traps look better than they have in a long time.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131