over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Coolest leg machine I've seen - 3D squat machine

That's one cool-ass smith machine and wish you could lock the movable bar into a narrow range so as not to overshoot for example.

When my rebound gets started I'm going to sign up at one of Hidden Gyms locations here and I'm doing it exclusively for that Rogers squat machine and the Rogers seated leg press.
U already have humungous quads lol

A lot of guys run into this. A few options:

Safety Squat Bar - sits on your back and you don't need to hold it.

Duffalo Bar - I think this is the one. Takes a lot of pressure of shoulders, elbows and a wrists

Marrs Bar - gives older lifters with shoulder issues access to the feel of the low bar squat. Similar to SSB I don't think you need hands even on it.

I only have an SSB and my shoulders are okay but LOTS of torn up friends and these are options they use.
I have used some of those in the past and liked them but none of the gyms i use have them and i don't feel like lugging my own bar around.
The one place i go to has a pendulum squat type machine that i like and is usually free as others don't seem to like it.

U already have humungous quads lol
Thanks. They've come down a bit the last 2 years from not squatting but thankfully they wee big enough to be ok losing some size. I'm hoping the Rogers squat and leg press can help get them back to their all-time biggest.

That 3D Smith machine is real nice for 1 leg stiff leg deadlines and for reverse lunges.

Anyone use one of these old bastards? Felt okay, but jesus changing plates and almost biting it on the way down was no fun...

Unfortunately in Poland we can dream of such equipment. Maybe 10 gyms across the country have some single pieces of machines such as Prime, Arsenal, Cybex, Atlantis, etc. most of them use commercial equipment such as Matrix or Technogym.

I think it's time to think about moving or opening your own gym lol
That matrix stuff is utter shit

I'd love to try it. As I got bigger over the years my physiology changed to where I can no longer find a squat variation that hits my quads well.
Daniel, speaking of the machine in this thread, have you tried regular Hatfield squats with a SSB?
I like to use a wedge and elevate my heels, and holding on to the rack I can really change my form to get deep with a lot of knee flexion to hit my quads. Pause at the bottom and almost sissy squat/leg extension your way out of the hole

I had the same problem where as I got larger my hams took over a lot of leg movements. Give it a try and if you’re curious I can take a video of what I’m talking about if it doesn’t make sense lol

Daniel, speaking of the machine in this thread, have you tried regular Hatfield squats with a SSB?
I like to use a wedge and elevate my heels, and holding on to the rack I can really change my form to get deep with a lot of knee flexion to hit my quads. Pause at the bottom and almost sissy squat/leg extension your way out of the hole

I had the same problem where as I got larger my hams took over a lot of leg movements. Give it a try and if you’re curious I can take a video of what I’m talking about if it doesn’t make sense lol
I haven't tried that. I haven't barbell squatted in many years - I did them for a long time because everyone says you're supposed to and they did absolutely nothing to grow my legs. And it's not that my hamstrings are taking over - I just can't feel any squat variations that well in my quads. A video would be helpful, I'm always trying to find a squat variation that works for me.

My gym has this one. It’s alright. Deceptively light though, I’ve maxed it out with plates (12 total a side) and it’s not that heavy
There’s much better options IMO
Interesting. Ya I have always been curious about that. I see guys have it loaded to the max

Good to know 👍

Anyone use one of these old bastards? Felt okay, but jesus changing plates and almost biting it on the way down was no fun...

I've always thought those were so goofy. To your point about getting down it's like, who the hell thought it a great idea to make a LEG machine where you have to scurry down like a worker on scaffolding after a brutal set. Surprised if there hasn't been at least a handful of people that have taken a dive off those over the years.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131