over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hack Squat TIP

the only squat variation i can use is the reverse hammer strength v squat machine. hack squats are so bad for my knees they feel terrible.
It's funny, I almost added exactly this to my post. By far the best machine variant for quads for me that also feels good on the knees is a V-Squat facing the machine.

this is because hips, hamstrings and glutes work more than quads in this exercise
The stronger muscles are predisposed to refer the load to them (think survival) especially in compound exercises. The key is finding the right exercise / machine that is the safest while giving you the best mind body connection. Beyond that it is all up to your genetics.

what you put under your toes?
Nothing. Someone in the gym I trained at for many years at home did almost exactly the same thing with plywood and 2 by 4s and bolted it to the platform and it remains there nearly 12 years later. The hack machine in one of the gyms I go to now has an adjustable platform. So someone else figured this out and incorporated into the design of the machine. I’m not sure what brand it is I’ll look tommorow when I’m there and take a pic for ya

I only do hacks maybe once a month cause of my old ass knees. This looks like it would save a ton of pain but unfortunately I’m in a commercial gym. I don’t get too heavy on them either but at 5pps it crushes my knees below parallel.

yes, but a movable praltform is not the same as putting something under the toes of the foot (e.g. wedges) so that they are higher than the heel - then, naturally, if you want to get up from the bottom of the squat, you press your heel firmly into the platform
Actually IT IS BASICALLY THE SAME CONCEPT, that's why they came out with these adjustable platforms was because gyms were modifying the platform like Dave Henry did in that video. Angling the platform higher on the arsenal hacksquat will place your toes higher than your heels even more so.

Nah, I actually isolate the quads better than most hack squat machines this way, believe it or not
No you don't ^^^

Actually IT IS BASICALLY THE SAME CONCEPT, that's why they came out with these adjustable platforms was because gyms were modifying the platform like Dave Henry did in that video. Angling the platform higher on the arsenal hacksquat will place your toes higher than your heels even more so.
I have a hack of a Polish company at the gym, but it is a mega heavy 45 'and the sled itself weighs 35 kg (I think it is heavier than even a cybex) I have never tried to give the platform as high as possible, I always gave it to the bottom - I will check it and write how my knees feel it

exactly the same hack as in the picture

Attachments

• 652D788D-08D1-42FC-AE82-D250F7B22571.jpeg
    652D788D-08D1-42FC-AE82-D250F7B22571.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 18
P.S. a good pendulum squat makes 90% of this discussion moot, IMO.

I used the belt squat machine for the first time Friday and fuck a duck ill
Probably never barbell squat again no pressure on my neck or spine and better quad isolation not involving the erectors and not much hip involvement. I instantly fell in love with this thing. What a concept. I can’t believe I didn’t know this existed. I almost feel stupid not knowing about it. Godsend for the guy with 5 herniated discs. I trained with no back pain whatsoever and loaded it up with weight

Good to know thank you.

Will post of up a video of Platz doing hacks which avoided the obvious shear forces of ‘convential’ hacks on the knees but introduces other questionable movements.
His knees must be or were made of titanium. Don’t know how they are today.

Wish I knew, may have to call or email him. If anybody has put their legs through hell it is Tom.

But hey . . . what ever works for you. Causing no pain is a mantra of mine if you have not noticed 😉

Just because I was curious. Not sure how recent this is but still crazy regardless.

Just because I was curious. Not sure how recent this is but still crazy regardless.
Not it but close. Thanks.

I have seen one where he literally walks the machine around
such were the 'jerky' movements. And then the hacks.
If memory serves, on his toes and he pushes his hips out or
something like lie. Looked strange and painful on the knees.
But hey, if it worked for him who is to judge.

I'll see if I can find it.

No this was just to show how his knees are still holding up “today”. Again not sure on the date, but the Wolverine and Platz seem to be built of the same compound.

I used the belt squat machine for the first time Friday and fuck a duck ill
Probably never barbell squat again no pressure on my neck or spine and better quad isolation not involving the erectors and not much hip involvement. I instantly fell in love with this thing. What a concept. I can’t believe I didn’t know this existed. I almost feel stupid not knowing about it. Godsend for the guy with 5 herniated discs. I trained with no back pain whatsoever and loaded it up with weight
We have a nice one here. Probably the best rig in my gym of all the gear. I have trouble believing all these years you never saw or used one. I say that jokingly but seriously, yeah, that Atlantis belt squat has trashed my quads (in a good way) so thoroughly at times I could barely walk to the locker room.

Watch the entire video. Knees of steel.

If you don't do hacks like he does you will never have
legs like he does. ;)

Attachments

• TomPlatz_PerfectForm.jpg
    TomPlatz_PerfectForm.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 10
I got to try an Atlantis hack squat machine in colorsdo this weekend.

It’s a magical unicorn.

I’m going to buy one and put it in my basement. Except they are probably like $4,000
one of the best Hack Squats on the market and has one of the best features possible; an adjustable foot plate. In addition to that, I think they got the angle right (at least in my opinion). Atlantis makes some great equipment. Been to their gym/showroom in Laval.

I have a hack of a Polish company at the gym, but it is a mega heavy 45 'and the sled itself weighs 35 kg (I think it is heavier than even a cybex) I have never tried to give the platform as high as possible, I always gave it to the bottom - I will check it and write how my knees feel it

exactly the same hack as in the picture
I'm not sure why but a lot of European manufactures have placed the weight horns towards the bottom of the carriage. Almost all the American brands place the horns at the top, mimicking a Barbell Squat. Personally, I prefer the load lower, even though there will still be compression to the spine. Also, back in the 80's and even 90's the majority of Hacks being produced did have adjustable footplates. Not sure why that was abandoned but it was a poor decision in my opinion. Much easier and quicker to adjust a footplate than having to bring a wedge with you on leg day or locate one in the gym.

We have a nice one here. Probably the best rig in my gym of all the gear. I have trouble believing all these years you never saw or used one. I say that jokingly but seriously, yeah, that Atlantis belt squat has trashed my quads (in a good way) so thoroughly at times I could barely walk to the locker room.
lol i actually won state champ before ever seeing a belt squat
i still havent used one lol
theres a new gym being built close to me and apparently they are getting one so im pretty excited

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws