over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Squat fail

Yeah man, sucks.

I’d hate to be his spotter, but that guy was constantly overreaching on his squats with sketchy form. He was bound to bail from time to time, this one just caught him bad.

Use those safety bars, kids.

I guess I don’t understand why the hell would you not be inside a proper rack when attempting a super heavy lift! If you’re on the outside they make sure you’re using heavy duty spotter arms, on the inside I use my slings.

Maybe it’s ignorance, or shock & awe, but either way it’s not a smart move. Someone experienced as he seemed to be per the article should have known better.

Also, that cat behind him doesn’t even look strong enough to lift 300+….. Pick your spotter properly, not just your buddy!

Anyways, it’s always sad to hear someone in the community passed when it could have been prevented….

Cage

every time I see some get squashed in a squat I always ask why the fuck they were not using a proper safety system like bars , pins or straps
Even many that do use a rack with arms they step outside of it.
You could see his posture the second he lifted the weight that he was about to get shut down bad.

Damn dude. That’s terrible. I don’t even do regular squats anymore, just hack squat machine. I got tired of knee & back problems.
I like the hack squats too or the plate loaded squat machine. Easier to manage for me as I'm getting older too. It really sucks when someone gets a little greedy and not having safety pins or even a strong enough spotter when things go south. It pays to learn how to properly bail when you fail the lift too.

I like the hack squats too or the plate loaded squat machine. Easier to manage for me as I'm getting older too. It really sucks when someone gets a little greedy and not having safety pins or even a strong enough spotter when things go south. It pays to learn how to properly bail when you fail the lift too.
That last line is spot on. It’s honestly not hard to bail unless you have shit form and are turning your squats into a modified good morning.

That last line is spot on. It’s honestly not hard to bail unless you have shit form and are turning your squats into a modified good morning.
Yup unless you know how to dump the weight, squat in a cage or something with safety straps/rack

Especially if hes using a spot

I like to squat rack less but it’s always with a weight i can handle and no spot.

Either way shitty deal

Im sure alot of you guys have seen this.

If not

That’s horrible! I feel bad for this guys friends and family. I’m pretty close with a lot of the guys at my gym and something like this would be devastating. I always set up the arms on the squat rack for this very reason! If I fail I can just go down to the ground and they’ll catch it. I see a lot of people keep those arms set too low or even worse they will back out way past the arms and have no protection!

Perhaps interestingly, in powerlifting it's considered extremely bad form to bail in a squat and to let go of the bar. You are to stay with the bar no matter what even if you rip the quads off the bone as letting go puts the spotters at risk. For example, the back spotter could break his arms catching the weight.

I never understood why people don't use the safety bars when squatting but I think even if squatting in a rack 99 out of a 100 set them wrong where they are close to useless (too low). This includes very experienced bodybuilders. Even better is those who go squat in a rack but remove the bars altogether. I always cringe when people leg press heavy too without any safety precautions. Many leg presses don't have stoppers to begin with but a quad tear isn't that uncommon, a safety mechanism to be able to bail out should be a no brainer but in 99 ot of 100 cases there is no thought of that. I usually set some boxes on one side where the plates can touch and stop the sled in case something tears or I fail due to strength.

I saw that earlier this week. Just awful...RIP

I teach all the younger guys I work with how to fail properly on various lifts.

I saw that earlier this week. Just awful...RIP

I teach all the younger guys I work with how to fail properly on various lifts.
I remember seeing a video of a bench fail and the bar landed right on the lifter's neck...just as bad. In a case like that I'd try to slow the weight bar travel then dump the bar so that's why sometimes I don't use collars to make it easier to slide off the plates.

+1

Out of respect for the man, that video should be taken down pronto.
Once something is on the internet it is always there.

No safety bars and bumpers plates. He probably knew how to properly dump a bar. You push your hips forward. I'm guessing he expected his spotter(s?) to lift it up and spot him properly. If he had dumped the bar he would have dumped it on the spotters knees. You don't dump the bar when you have someone behind you... He would have been better off without any spotters.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws