YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking to boost gains, improve overall health. Maybe MK-677?

DinoBull

Newbies
I'm 48 yo and have been weight training for about 10 years. The last few years, I have trained a bit more seriously. My partner is half my age so as you can imagine, I want to optimize my health and vitality so I can look great for many years to come.

I have challenges when it comes to building muscle. I'm 5'11" and up to several months ago, 163lbs. I have a naturally narrow frame but tend to accumulate some fat around my lower abdominal area. Over the last summer, my physique has improved a great deal and though my weight stayed about the same, my lean body mass increased and fat% decreased. I'm not a huge eater and have often been protein deficient for any real serious gains in mass.

A few months ago I decided it was time to revamp my diet and eat for gains. I started meal prepping and keeping track of my macros. It was tough consuming enough calories and protein, but with that and the gym, I was able to put on 7 lbs of mostly muscle, which I'm happy about. My body fat is about 11-12%.

Despite this, I feel as though I'm not really maximizing my gains. I do supplement with Whey, glutamine, BCAAs, Creatine and vitamins. I think I've reached a plateau of sorts as my weight is holding pretty munch steady and my gains have maxed out. I have been wondering if this is due to my age and the gradual decline of testosterone and hgh. This prompted some research, which first lead me to HGH / T Therapies. However, the high cost, associated side effects and the fact that the therapies actually introduce synthesized hormones into my body discouraged me from going that route. Further research led me to secretagogues as these seem to be safer, cheaper and more convenient.

I am thinking of trying MK-677 (20 to 25mg/day) with some supporting supplements, such as Melatonin and Huperzine A. There is a ton of info out there, allot of it tends to be bro-science or dubious claims from various supplement companies, so it's difficult to sort through the BS and find the best solution.

I would like to both use this thread as sort of a progress journal and also hear some opinions on the best form and sources of MK-677 specifically. The other supps are easy to find at high quality but MK-677 seems to be difficult. I have read some conflicting info as to type (tabs, caps or liquid) and a quality source. Also, if there are any thoughts as to other substances which may be effective for a person at my age who is not a competitive bodybuilder, but trying to optimize my gains for a more muscular and lean look, I'd love to hear from the community.

I'll post a photo or two once I find a place to upload them...

5'11" and 165 lbs... You need to eat more

MK will help with that possibly

I'm 48 yo and have been weight training for about 10 years. The last few years, I have trained a bit more seriously. My partner is half my age so as you can imagine, I want to optimize my health and vitality so I can look great for many years to come.

I have challenges when it comes to building muscle. I'm 5'11" and up to several months ago, 163lbs. I have a naturally narrow frame but tend to accumulate some fat around my lower abdominal area. Over the last summer, my physique has improved a great deal and though my weight stayed about the same, my lean body mass increased and fat% decreased. I'm not a huge eater and have often been protein deficient for any real serious gains in mass.

A few months ago I decided it was time to revamp my diet and eat for gains. I started meal prepping and keeping track of my macros. It was tough consuming enough calories and protein, but with that and the gym, I was able to put on 7 lbs of mostly muscle, which I'm happy about. My body fat is about 11-12%.

Despite this, I feel as though I'm not really maximizing my gains. I do supplement with Whey, glutamine, BCAAs, Creatine and vitamins. I think I've reached a plateau of sorts as my weight is holding pretty munch steady and my gains have maxed out. I have been wondering if this is due to my age and the gradual decline of testosterone and hgh. This prompted some research, which first lead me to HGH / T Therapies. However, the high cost, associated side effects and the fact that the therapies actually introduce synthesized hormones into my body discouraged me from going that route. Further research led me to secretagogues as these seem to be safer, cheaper and more convenient.

I am thinking of trying MK-677 (20 to 25mg/day) with some supporting supplements, such as Melatonin and Huperzine A. There is a ton of info out there, allot of it tends to be bro-science or dubious claims from various supplement companies, so it's difficult to sort through the BS and find the best solution.

I would like to both use this thread as sort of a progress journal and also hear some opinions on the best form and sources of MK-677 specifically. The other supps are easy to find at high quality but MK-677 seems to be difficult. I have read some conflicting info as to type (tabs, caps or liquid) and a quality source. Also, if there are any thoughts as to other substances which may be effective for a person at my age who is not a competitive bodybuilder, but trying to optimize my gains for a more muscular and lean look, I'd love to hear from the community.

I'll post a photo or two once I find a place to upload them...
For Mk use masupps.com,he's a Sponsor on here and his product is great called Somatizine...There caps 12.5mg×60 and price is on point...You'll see him on here the owner is Mike Arnold...

OMNI-LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE ©[email protected]®THE REAPER

MK is actually very effective but, it has some drawbacks.

The hunger from MK is ridiculous. I ran DQ's for around 3 months straight with pm dosing, tapered up the dose from 10mg to 20mg over 4 weeks and couldn't shake it. Raiding the fridge in the middle of the night because hunger woke me up. If I had a large meal right before bed, that helped some but not completely.

In my experience, MK didn't help with any day lipolysis or overall body composition like GH does. I held quite a bit of water while on it, unlike when I run gh. Also, I would feel like a zombie when I woke up for about 2 hours. If I had taken it in the morning, I dunno that I could have stayed awake all day honestly.

The up side, it does increase gh serum levels over time. I tested while on it and they were 4.2 after 30 days. I've seen another bloodwork around the same value.

You will sleep like a rock. Best sleep I've ever had, hands down.

I felt full and pumped during the day. Even when I cut back calories I had the all day pump.

I personally would use MK if I wanted to take a break from gh or if I was in a gaining phase. Between the hunger and groggy feeling I wouldn't use it to maintain or cut for myself.

For Mk use masupps.com,he's a Sponsor on here and his product is great called Somatizine...There caps 12.5mg×60 and price is on point...You'll see him on here the owner is Mike Arnold...

Thanks for the tip. I've been looking into Mike's 'Somatozine' product. The formulation looks promising, though it seems too cheap. I've seen some info on other forums warning to stay away from products like this as they say it is not pure MK-677. It's been said that these cheaper versions are mixed with a cheaper secretagogue (i forgot which) and that one should buy from a supplier that sells for research purposes.

At the end of the day, results are what I'm after and if there are a number of people who swear by this product, I should give it a try.

MK is actually very effective but, it has some drawbacks.

The hunger from MK is ridiculous. I ran DQ's for around 3 months straight with pm dosing, tapered up the dose from 10mg to 20mg over 4 weeks and couldn't shake it. Raiding the fridge in the middle of the night because hunger woke me up. If I had a large meal right before bed, that helped some but not completely.

In my experience, MK didn't help with any day lipolysis or overall body composition like GH does. I held quite a bit of water while on it, unlike when I run gh. Also, I would feel like a zombie when I woke up for about 2 hours. If I had taken it in the morning, I dunno that I could have stayed awake all day honestly.

The up side, it does increase gh serum levels over time. I tested while on it and they were 4.2 after 30 days. I've seen another bloodwork around the same value.

You will sleep like a rock. Best sleep I've ever had, hands down.

I felt full and pumped during the day. Even when I cut back calories I had the all day pump.

I personally would use MK if I wanted to take a break from gh or if I was in a gaining phase. Between the hunger and groggy feeling I wouldn't use it to maintain or cut for myself.

Thanks for the advice,
It's weight/muscle gain that I'm looking for, so I gather even from your experience with it that it would probably benefit me. I am a bit worried about the bloat / water retention issue as I easily become bloated at the drop of a hat even with Whey and creatine. I read elsewhere to up my intake of potassium to alleviate it. My multivitamin only supplies about 100mg potassium so no doubt I'll be eating more bananas or adding a potassium supplement...

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice,
It's weight/muscle gain that I'm looking for, so I gather even from your experience with it that it would probably benefit me. I am a bit worried about the bloat / water retention issue as I easily become bloated at the drop of a hat even with Whey and creatine. I read elsewhere to up my intake of potassium to alleviate it. My multivitamin only supplies about 100mg potassium so no doubt I'll be eating more bananas or adding a potassium supplement...
Yes I believe it would be a good fit for you then.

If you do have excess water retention, just drink more water.

A good multi mineral will help with mineral balance too.

Thanks for the tip. I've been looking into Mike's 'Somatozine' product. The formulation looks promising, though it seems too cheap. I've seen some info on other forums warning to stay away from products like this as they say it is not pure MK-677. It's been said that these cheaper versions are mixed with a cheaper secretagogue (i forgot which) and that one should buy from a supplier that sells for research purposes.

At the end of the day, results are what I'm after and if there are a number of people who swear by this product, I should give it a try.
Yeah the price does seem cheap, but a lot of guys love it on here...I've never ran Mk so no idea,my brother just bought Somatizine to use...But find his thread on here not hard to if haven't and a lot of people are liking it...Mike is a stand up guy also,and owns it so his word goes a long way...

UPDATE:

Just received my Somatozine (MK-677). Started with half (12.5mg) dose last night before bed, along with 200mcg Huperzine A and a third of a dose of ZMA. I will up the MK to 25mg after a couple of days. No issues sleeping. Woke refreshed and alert. Some hunger but not unbearable, though my body is making really awkward noises! LOL! I haven't experienced the retention or any bloating issues yet. Armed myself with bananas for that eventuality. Along with my usual whey, creatine, BCAAs and multivitamin, I'll keep this regimen for awhile and see how it goes...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UPDATE:

Just received my Somatozine (MK-677). Started with half (12.5mg) dose last night before bed, along with 200mcg Huperzine A and a third of a dose of ZMA. I will up the MK to 25mg after a couple of days. No issues sleeping. Woke refreshed and alert. Some hunger but not unbearable, though my body is making really awkward noises! LOL! I haven't experienced the retention or any bloating issues yet. Armed myself with bananas for that eventuality. Along with my usual whey, creatine, BCAAs and multivitamin, I'll keep this regimen for awhile and see how it goes...

Be sure to take advantage of the hunger that MK-677 gives you!

At 48 have you considered finding an HRT doc "test is best" it would be a good addition to the MK

Bottom line is you need a better diet and training program. If you been training 10 years and still weigh 163 at 5'11", you are not eating food and possibly over training.

Not pure MK? LOL.

You want to hear the truth? I will say it even though most people would tell me not to, but I have said from day #1 that MA Labs is a no bullshit company and that honesty would be a foundational principle of our operation, so here goes...

The truth is that, MK, although expensive in comparison to most other compounds, doesn't cost anywhere NEAR what these clowns on "other" forums want you to think. You wanna know how much it actually costs? About 16K per kilogram. So, depending on how many bottles you are having made per run (the more bottles you make, the better the price you will get...up to a point), it will cost the seller roughly $11-14 a bottle for plain MK-677 (750 mg per bottle, which is standard, although I have seen some companies only put 600 mg in their bottles).

This means that all those companies who are charging $90-$110 a bottle for plain MK-677 are making a helluva profit on you. I pay around $20 a bottle because my product contains more ingredients than other companies...and you want to know what I was told (from nearly everyone in the industry) when I said that I wanted to sell Somatozine for $59.99 (with the discount) while also providing a superior product?

Basically, I was told that I was stupid for doing so, that my profit margin was too low, that I was GIVING the product away, and that I should charge significantly more, while also reducing my coupon code.

I already knew the type of greed that characterized this industry, but I was shocked that I couldn't find a SINGLE person who agreed with my approach. Virtually every single person (accept my partner) told me I was wasn't charging enough!

THIS...and THIS ALONE...is the ONLY reason why some people are telling you to "stay away" from companies like mine...because when a company actually does sell the best product at the best price, it threatens these kind of companies. They want to keep you in the dark so they can continue price gouging you, while at the same time acting like your best buddy by "protecting" you from companies that actually tell the truth. In reality, they are stabbing you in the back...because they know DAMN WELL what it costs to make MK-677...and it isn't anywhere close to the massively over-inflated prices you see most companies selling it for.

At first I almost felt greedy just for selling Somatozine for $59.99, but when I realized that I only end up with a little less than 1/3rd of that (about $18 a bottle) after my partner gets his 1/3rd and we pay our other expenses, I was able to accept that. But what about all the other single-owner companies out there who sell their MK-677 for $20-$40 more than me, while also paying less to produce each bottle (because it contains fewer ingredients)? Many of these guys are earning $60-$90 a bottle, which goes right into their pocket! Even worse, some companies' products only contain 600 mg per bottle, yet they still charge the same price as everyone else, so these guys are earning even more than that.

I would be MORE THAN willing to have a public conversation with ANYONE attempting to refute what I am saying here, but that will never happen...because they known damn well that they will look like greedy little liars by the time the conversation is over. The proof is out there for anyone who wants it. Anyone can price check raws for MK-677...and factor in label cost, etc. It's not that hard to do.

It's a sad day when a company actually sells a better product for a better price and then gets called fraudulent for doing so, simply because the real frauds don't want their profit margins challenged. Yet, this is exactly what is happening...and I hope the people in our community have enough insight into this situation to see what is really going on. If someone wants to make $80 on a single bottle of MK-677, fine...they can do what they want. However, I have a real problem when these same people start lying to our community just so they can keep them in the dark and continue price gouging them.

This bothers me so much that I am even willing to risk making myself look greedy just so I can reveal these lying scumbags for who they really are. Even more hilarious is that the vast majority of these people don't even have their products made in GMP facilities and have absolutely zero quality control measures in place--no accountability whatsoever. Yet, they actually have the nerve to claim that those who do produce their products in GMP facilities are the ones selling polluted products. Unbelievable. Of course, there are plenty of research companies out there who do make high quality products despite not having them made in GMP facilitates, but when these same companies turn around and badmouth those who do, it just blows my mind. It is ass-backwards!

Unfortunately, the research chemical industry has become a sick, twisted monster over the last several years...with one liar after another doing and saying whatever they can to take your money. Gone are the days when companies actually tried to earn business by selling the best products at the best (or at least highly competitive) prices. The companies that do so should be commended. There are still quite a few of them out there, but many don't get their just dues because they get trampled on by the monsters of this industry.

I am all for a free market and trying to get what you can, but at least do it ethically...and don't lie about a company simply because they offer a better product at a better price.

Last edited:

Seems we are even cheaper, as we sell MK-677 at 1250mg per bottle for $99 and with our 15% discount for $84. Or at least it's around the same price range.

And no, it isn't too "cheap". There is still a healthy profit margin even at such prices.

Seems we are even cheaper, as we sell MK-677 at 1250mg per bottle for $99 and with our 15% discount for $84. Or at least it's around the same price range.

And no, it isn't too "cheap". There is still a healthy profit margin even at such prices.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice to see someone telling it like it is. If Chemyo can sell 1,250 mg of MK-677 for $84 (Somatozine is slightly more expensive at $99.98 per 1,250 mg, but it also contains 6 other optimally dosed ingredients clinically proven to further increase GH, IGF-1, and IGFBP-3 levels) and still make a healthy profit, then what does that say about all those people who claim that our prices are too good to be true? It shows they are either ignorant or lying, plain and simple. Companies who say otherwise are just trying to preserve their high price tag.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice to see someone telling it like it is. If Chemyo can sell 1,250 mg of MK-677 for $84 (Somatozine is slightly more expensive at $99.98 per 1,250 mg, but it also contains 5 other optimally dosed ingredients clinically proven to further increase GH, IGF-1, and IGFBP-3 levels) and still make a healthy profit...then what does that say about all those people who claim that our prices are too good to be true? It shows they are either ignorant or lying, plain and simple. Companies who say otherwise are just trying to preserve their high price tag.

It´s nice that you are so transparent. That´s very rare in this industry.

And like you said a lot of people are dishonest in this industry. Hopefully, most people are smart enough to see that.

Keep up the good work :headbang:.

At 48 have you considered finding an HRT doc "test is best" it would be a good addition to the MK

I was thinking about that. The cost here in SoCal is incredibly expensive though and I guess I thought that the combo of the training + diet + supplements would be enough to maintain a decent T level naturally. Since my goals do not go anywhere near competition size, I figured the Mk would be enough.

However, I do plan to have a blood test to determine Testosterone levels. It probably make sense given my age.

Bottom line is you need a better diet and training program. If you been training 10 years and still weigh 163 at 5'11", you are not eating food and possibly over training.

You're absolutely right. Though I've only been really disciplined about the training for the last few years, my gains have been very slow. It was only recently that I upped my caloric intake considerably and immediately saw gains in strength and mass. That bump from 163 to 170 was due to that caloric surplus. It has been difficult cramming that much food into my gut. I think the MK will help with that :)

Not pure MK? LOL.

You want to hear the truth? I will say it even though most people would tell me not to, but I have said from day #1 that MA Labs is a no bullshit company and that honesty would be a foundational principle of our operation, so here goes...

The truth is that, MK, although expensive in comparison to most other compounds, doesn't cost anywhere NEAR what these clowns on "other" forums want you to think. You wanna know how much it actually costs? About 16K per kilogram. So, depending on how many bottles you are having made per run (the more bottles you make, the better the price you will get...up to a point), it will cost the seller roughly $11-14 a bottle for plain MK-677 (750 mg per bottle, which is standard, although I have seen some companies only put 600 mg in their bottles).

This means that all those companies who are charging $90-$110 a bottle for plain MK-677 are making a helluva profit on you. I pay around $20 a bottle because my product contains more ingredients than other companies...and you want to know what I was told (from nearly everyone in the industry) when I said that I wanted to sell Somatozine for $59.99 (with the discount) while also providing a superior product?

Basically, I was told that I was stupid for doing so, that my profit margin was too low, that I was GIVING the product away, and that I should charge significantly more, while also reducing my coupon code.

I already knew the type of greed that characterized this industry, but I was shocked that I couldn't find a SINGLE person who agreed with my approach. Virtually every single person (accept my partner) told me I was wasn't charging enough!

THIS...and THIS ALONE...is the ONLY reason why some people are telling you to "stay away" from companies like mine...because when a company actually does sell the best product at the best price, it threatens these kind of companies. They want to keep you in the dark so they can continue price gouging you, while at the same time acting like your best buddy by "protecting" you from companies that actually tell the truth. In reality, they are stabbing you in the back...because they know DAMN WELL what it costs to make MK-677...and it isn't anywhere close to the massively over-inflated prices you see most companies selling it for.

At first I almost felt greedy just for selling Somatozine for $59.99, but when I realized that I only end up with a little less than 1/3rd of that (about $18 a bottle) after my partner gets his 1/3rd and we pay our other expenses, I was able to accept that. But what about all the other single-owner companies out there who sell their MK-677 for $20-$40 more than me, while also paying less to produce each bottle (because it contains fewer ingredients)? Many of these guys are earning $60-$90 a bottle, which goes right into their pocket! Even worse, some companies' products only contain 600 mg per bottle, yet they still charge the same price as everyone else, so these guys are earning even more than that.

I would be MORE THAN willing to have a public conversation with ANYONE attempting to refute what I am saying here, but that will never happen...because they known damn well that they will look like greedy little liars by the time the conversation is over. The proof is out there for anyone who wants it. Anyone can price check raws for MK-677...and factor in label cost, etc. It's not that hard to do.

It's a sad day when a company actually sells a better product for a better price and then gets called fraudulent for doing so, simply because the real frauds don't want their profit margins challenged. Yet, this is exactly what is happening...and I hope the people in our community have enough insight into this situation to see what is really going on. If someone wants to make $80 on a single bottle of MK-677, fine...they can do what they want. However, I have a real problem when these same people start lying to our community just so they can keep them in the dark and continue price gouging them.

This bothers me so much that I am even willing to risk making myself look greedy just so I can reveal these lying scumbags for who they really are. Even more hilarious is that the vast majority of these people don't even have their products made in GMP facilities and have absolutely zero quality control measures in place--no accountability whatsoever. Yet, they actually have the nerve to claim that those who do produce their products in GMP facilities are the ones selling polluted products. Unbelievable. Of course, there are plenty of research companies out there who do make high quality products despite not having them made in GMP facilitates, but when these same companies turn around and badmouth those who do, it just blows my mind. It is ass-backwards!

Unfortunately, the research chemical industry has become a sick, twisted monster over the last several years...with one liar after another doing and saying whatever they can to take your money. Gone are the days when companies actually tried to earn business by selling the best products at the best (or at least highly competitive) prices. The companies that do so should be commended. There are still quite a few of them out there, but many don't get their just dues because they get trampled on by the monsters of this industry.

I am all for a free market and trying to get what you can, but at least do it ethically...and don't lie about a company simply because they offer a better product at a better price.

Wow! Quite a response! Many thanks for taking the time on this. I do understand how corrupt the entire supplement industry can be, not just the research chemical side. It really is a case of buyer beware. I typically spend months researching a supplement before making a purchase. MK-677 was the latest. Lots of conflicting information, opinions and the usual bro-science. At the end of the day, your Somatozine product made sense for my personal goals, budget and situation. A non injectable oral supplement at the right dose, with an impressive ingredient profile. It is certainly worth a 6 month trial, which is why I placed the order.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner