mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking to boost gains, improve overall health. Maybe MK-677?

OP Update: I have upped the MK (Somatozine) dose to 25mg, as well as the Huperzine A dose to 200mcg 2x daily. The side effects have been milder than I anticipated. The hunger is there but not ravenous like others have reported. I've probably added about 200 - 300 calories to my food intake on average since last week. This puts me pretty much at my muscle building calorie goal. I am not sleeping longer, but deeper in the time that I do sleep. So this is making me feel more well rested when I wake up. I've only experienced lethargy during the day on one occasion and it was during a boring and repetitive task. As soon as I switched to doing something else, I was fine.

In the gym, I've already noticed some slight stamina and strength gains. Is this normal for only a week of use or am I confusing this with the placebo effect?

On the scale, for the first few days I noticed a weight gain of up to 6 lbs. Probably water retention. Now it has tapered off by about 4 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP Update: I have upped the MK (Somatozine) dose to 25mg, as well as the Huperzine A dose to 200mcg 2x daily. The side effects have been milder than I anticipated. The hunger is there but not ravenous like others have reported. I've probably added about 200 - 300 calories to my food intake on average since last week. This puts me pretty much at my muscle building calorie goal. I am not sleeping longer, but deeper in the time that I do sleep. So this is making me feel more well rested when I wake up. I've only experienced lethargy during the day on one occasion and it was during a boring and repetitive task. As soon as I switched to doing something else, I was fine.

In the gym, I've already noticed some slight stamina and strength gains. Is this normal for only a week of use or am I confusing this with the placebo effect?

On the scale, for the first few days I noticed a weight gain of up to 6 lbs. Probably water retention. Now it has tapered off by about 4 lbs.

This is all normal.

You will notice some immediate increases in muscle fullness and water weight, and you will also notice a mild strength gain, and better sleep. As time goes on, you will gradually keep gaining strength and size, and a more full look to your physique.

MK-677 is one of those things that keeps working, even though you don't really always feel like you're on something. It seems to be a long-term type of supplement.

Once you remove it, however, you will notice how it had been helping you.

This is all normal.

You will notice some immediate increases in muscle fullness and water weight, and you will also notice a mild strength gain, and better sleep. As time goes on, you will gradually keep gaining strength and size, and a more full look to your physique.

MK-677 is one of those things that keeps working, even though you don't really always feel like you're on something. It seems to be a long-term type of supplement.

Once you remove it, however, you will notice how it had been helping you.

That's good to hear. From all I've read and what you've just added, it seems MK doesn't really need to be cycled off and on.

I think with the combo of the creatine, somatozine, zma, huperzine a & whey I'm good for some serious muscle gains. Although with the creatine, I've never cycled off that, so I may need to either raise the dosage or cycle off it for awhile as it doesn't seem to be having the same effect it did in the beginning.

That's good to hear. From all I've read and what you've just added, it seems MK doesn't really need to be cycled off and on.

I think with the combo of the creatine, somatozine, zma, huperzine a & whey I'm good for some serious muscle gains. Although with the creatine, I've never cycled off that, so I may need to either raise the dosage or cycle off it for awhile as it doesn't seem to be having the same effect it did in the beginning.

Just making sure you know that Somatozine already contains a full dose of ZMA (an improved version, actually), so there is no need to take additional zinc and magnesium.

Creatine doesn't need to be cycled either. The effect is always there, you just don't notice it as much because your muscle creatine stores are already loaded, but a soon as you come off your creatine stores will return to normal and you will lose strength and size.

Last edited:
Just making sure you know that Somatozine already contains a full dose of ZMA (an improved version, actually), so there is no need to take additional zinc and magnesium.

Creatine doesn't need to be cycled either. The effect is always there, you just don't notice it as much because your muscle creatine stores are already loaded, but a soon as you come off your creatine stores will return to normal and you will lose strength and size.

Ah, I totally missed that (ZMA) in the ingredients list! Silly me. Thanks for the reminder. I've likely been ingesting too much zinc then. Good to know about creatine as well. I was running with research I did several years ago which is likely out of date now.

OP Update: So far so good. Have noticed some joint pain, especially in my left bicep tendon area. Had to go easy on curls the other day for fear of injury. Hopefully that joint pain subsides. Noticing quite allot of bloated feeling as the day progresses. With each meal, it gets worse despite a pretty balanced diet.

Other than the above, the MK regimen has been pretty good. Sleep is still good. Some further strength gains and muscles have a more pumped and full feel to them.

I love the stuff. But feeling groggy all day is making me second guess if it's worth it for me...

The stuff already makes me tired. Wish it didn't have melatonin in there.

I love the stuff. But feeling groggy all day is making me second guess if it's worth it for me...

Its not the melatonin dude. MK in general diaallllls up the sleepiness more than actual GH does big time. I've run MK + GH and just GH and the most lethargy and sleepiness I feel is anytime MK is in the mix. I literally pass out at my desk at work.

I've been running GH for a solid 1.5-2 years now and about to take some time off and just run MK. Interested in how my body reacts to the bloating. I bloat heavvvvy on MK but hoping to ease in dosage wise and see how i look.

If you take it before bed the melatonin will be worn off within just a few hours, so it won't effect you during your waking hours.

Also, your body will adapt to the sleepiness. Not everyone experiences this side effect, but for those who do, it should subside significantly within a few weeks and be pretty much gone within 4-6 weeks.

Last edited:
OP Update: I am now in my third week of MK (25 mg / day). I've put on 8 lbs (4 lbs in the last few days!) despite not much of an increase in daily calories. I am guessing most of this is water retention at this point.

I couldn't believe how pumped I looked on chest day in the gym the other day. I felt like the biggest narcissist ever repeatedly looking in the mirror at the deep ridge forming down the middle of my chest... WOOHOO! My god, what have I become?!

Anyhow, I do feel a bit fat now. I don't think my actual body fat % has changed much, but I can't help this self conscious feeling of being fat!

I want to continue gaining quality muscle but really want to lean out at the same time.

Should I wait it out until after the initial water retention wears off or should I possibly add a fat loss/burning peptide to my stack?

I am also going to start cycling carbs a bit to help trigger some additional recomposition...

Last edited:
It's not fat, it's water. You said yourself you haven't added much/if any calories. Water isn't coming off unless you drop dose to 7-12.5mg or drop MK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not fat, it's water. You said yourself you haven't added much/if any calories. Water isn't coming off unless you drop dose to 7-12.5mg or drop MK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE: The water retention and bloat is subsiding. I have increased potassium intake to balance sodium. I am noticing my weight stabilizing and my body fat % beginning to decrease. That's a good sign. The effects are becoming noticeable. My muscle mass and strength have increased. I have also reduced animal protein sources to near zero in my diet, which has had the knock on effect of reducing water retention and bloating even further. I can't say I'm 100% vegan, as I will very occasionally use egg whites, mayo and cheese, but 6 out of 7 days in a week, my protein is plant based.

I suspect the MK has allowed me to convert to a largely vegan diet and still make gains while I tweak my diet in order to get enough protein from plant based sources.

I have also changed my workout routine to favor elevating Testosterone/HGH by splitting my leg day towards combining hip and quad dominant exercises with tricep/bicep workouts. This combined with focusing on total reps instead of sets and slow eccentric reps seems to be making a difference.

UPDATE: Interestingly enough, I've noticed I do not experience the side effects others have noted. My appetite was slightly elevated at the beginning, but its now back to the level it was before I started taking the MK. I also do not notice a difference in sleep since I started this. It could be that I'm older and require less sleep. I'm averaging 6 - 7 hours per night. I'm tracking this with a Fitbit watch for relative accuracy.

Gains in strength have improved steadily (but mildly) over the 3 month period I've been taking this. I've noticed some muscle gain as a result and a slight decrease in fat mass (-1%) from where I started on little to no cardio. My weight first shot up to approx 177 in the first few weeks but has gradually come down and stabilized at around 172. I could likely improve this with a higher caloric intake, but eating enough is a challenge for me.

I've recently also added Mike's other new beta product "GW" (GW-501516) to the daily regimen at 20mg/day. My goal here is to increase endurance and fat burning, while increasing protein synthesis from the approx 2,200 caloric intake.

Not pure MK? LOL.

You want to hear the truth?

none of your points matter unless there is 3rd party testing, and what are the "extra ingredients" you add in mk677 just out of curiosity? i agree supp companies like to keep prices high. whats more important to me is buying from brand that does testing of each batch for impurities/contaminants and purity

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws