advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low SHGB good or bad for Recovery during PCT?

Correct.....SHBG (sex hormone binding globulan) attracts and binds test ot it. It will hold onto your test for ever and a day. Thus keeping your body from using it. The lower you can make the shbg then the more FREE test your body has. This is the difference between free and bound test. Proviron is good for allowing more free test in your system by lowering shbg secretion. There are other natural alternatives for this also. Avina sativa is one as is tribulus and a few others.

Thought so, too. I just thought I remembered someone from this or another board say that low shgb levels actually hinder the production of endo testosterone... Maybe it doesn't:confused:

Thought so, too. I just thought I remembered someone from this or another board say that low shgb levels actually hinder the production of endo testosterone... Maybe it doesn't:confused:
I remember that the late Karl Hoffman (a man I always defer to) theorized you didn't want to lower SHBG post cycle, one reason he didn't like AI's post cycle (and recommended a SERM instead, which raises SHBG).

If you want I can hunt down where he posted his exact reasoning.

Ok, here's one post that explains his reasoning in a nut-shell:

To me post cycle recovery means recovery of gonadal function. This implies a return of total testosterone to normal pre-cycle levels. Estrogen increases sex hormone binding globulin, preventing free testosterone levels from reaching the point where they themselves impede recovery. Conversely, taking an aromatase inhibitor post cycle keeps SHBG artificially low, in turn making free testosterone artificially high. As stated, this elevated free test will act back on the HPTA to slow recovery.

That's my theory anyway, based on bloodwork readings that guys have sent me who used AI's post cycle and were having terrible recoveries.

I'd stick with SERMs. We have numerous posts here about possible actions they may exert (eg increasing pituitary GnRH receptor density) beyond their ability to block estrogen related negative feedback.

Correct.....SHBG (sex hormone binding globulan) attracts and binds test ot it. It will hold onto your test for ever and a day. Thus keeping your body from using it. The lower you can make the shbg then the more FREE test your body has. This is the difference between free and bound test. Proviron is good for allowing more free test in your system by lowering shbg secretion. There are other natural alternatives for this also. Avina sativa is one as is tribulus and a few others.

stinging nettle root is a good one too.

You're right, but that only having lower shgb levels only enable you to use more of the test that already is in your body, not produce more.

KillerStack, I've never heard of the guy you quoted, who is he?

KillerStack, I've never heard of the guy you quoted, who is he?
He was pretty well known the steroid-forum community. All the self-styled steroid "experts" knew who he was and respected him for his mind. To me no one then or since has even come close to his knowledge of bodybuilding drugs. Unfortunately he passed away a couple of years ago. Check out his articles on mindandmuscle.net.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear