over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Major digestion issues

2swole79

Registered
Guys, unfortunately I am on suboxone to help get my life back on track after getting pretty out of control on opiods last year. It's a decision that had to be made. Part of that decision was to recommitt to my training. However, I'm having a HUGE issue with OIC (constipation) I have pretty much run the gamut of OTC recomendations. I take a green drink at least 1-2 times/ day, slam diet green tea like it's going out of style to stay ultra hydrated. Get up 5x/week and ride the bike first thing to get things "moving" proboitics, stool softeners, at the maximum reccomended dosage, apple cider vinegar, plus an enema just to get thngs to move, I know this is kinda a haha "issue" he's constipated, but it's having a SERIOUS effect on not just my training, but my quality of life. Now the dr. has written me a script for linzess...it pulls a ton of water to the bowels, and is very uncomfortable to the point it makes eating, and sometimes training difficult. Im only even "ready" to go about every third day, so obviously the food just isn't passing through me as fast, because I know when I'm traing hard...firing on all cylinders so to speak I'm putting down TONS of food in the past and...yep...those corn kernals were in the the next day everytime. Anyone have any knowledge in this area...any MD's on the board got any suggestions..."linzess" is just not a very bodybuilder friendly medication, but he doesn't get that...maybe its the only option as far as he's concerned...PLS SHARE....

how much sub are you taking.....???

its WORSE than ANY opiod, to get off of....
they make it like that purposely....so you
stay on for life....and the doctor gets money
from the government as long as you stay on it.....FACT.

i would HIGHLY suggest to get the fuck off the subs.
it will suck for about a month....but you will be clean.
and get ahold of some kratom while you can.

:cool:

Last edited:
I know this is none of my business, but are you on subs for pain relief or for addiction recovery?

8mgs / day...when the dr. asked the details of my using I was honest with him...he scripted me for 16mgs....I very quickly realized I could "get by" on 8mgs and still be functional...so I did. And yes they are def for recovery I got introduced to IV opiates and my life went to shit fast guys, but luckily for me, unlike many of my friends I got off the shit on the streets early and at least put my life together...I've read quite a bit about how subs and their long half live and strict binding to the receptors are a tough and drawn out mental withdrawal but that most people say the physical sickness isn't as bad and can be somewhat mitigated. And yes after I saw yesterdays post I quickly ordered 250 G's of Maeng Da...I'm also planning on picking up some "reds" as they are mostly reported as the best for WD's.....but lets not derail my post...I'd love to start a second on that issue...I've got a SERIOUS MEDICAL ISSUE going on here...was 2 seconds from going to the ER after my 6th day without crapping at the start of this "shit" ;)

Guys, unfortunately I am on suboxone to help get my life back on track after getting pretty out of control on opiods last year. It's a decision that had to be made. Part of that decision was to recommitt to my training. However, I'm having a HUGE issue with OIC (constipation) I have pretty much run the gamut of OTC recomendations. I take a green drink at least 1-2 times/ day, slam diet green tea like it's going out of style to stay ultra hydrated. Get up 5x/week and ride the bike first thing to get things "moving" proboitics, stool softeners, at the maximum reccomended dosage, apple cider vinegar, plus an enema just to get thngs to move, I know this is kinda a haha "issue" he's constipated, but it's having a SERIOUS effect on not just my training, but my quality of life. Now the dr. has written me a script for linzess...it pulls a ton of water to the bowels, and is very uncomfortable to the point it makes eating, and sometimes training difficult. Im only even "ready" to go about every third day, so obviously the food just isn't passing through me as fast, because I know when I'm traing hard...firing on all cylinders so to speak I'm putting down TONS of food in the past and...yep...those corn kernals were in the the next day everytime. Anyone have any knowledge in this area...any MD's on the board got any suggestions..."linzess" is just not a very bodybuilder friendly medication, but he doesn't get that...maybe its the only option as far as he's concerned...PLS SHARE....

I know you said it was an opioid problem, but if it was Heroin you were using I don't think it would be a good idea to start playing around with needles. Work on your recovery and get totally clean. You need your digestive track right to train the way that you want to. JMO

Thank you guys...I've used AAS my whole life and I've seen first hand the "needle addition" in others...It's not a trigger in any way for me like that. Please keep this on digestion and or fixing constipation. I sincerely apprecaite everyone aboves corcern, very much though. No it wasn't heroin...I'm in FL we do pills down here...but it was f'in up my life to where I made a choice...

8mgs / day...when the dr. asked the details of my using I was honest with him...he scripted me for 16mgs....I very quickly realized I could "get by" on 8mgs and still be functional...so I did. And yes they are def for recovery I got introduced to IV opiates and my life went to shit fast guys, but luckily for me, unlike many of my friends I got off the shit on the streets early and at least put my life together...I've read quite a bit about how subs and their long half live and strict binding to the receptors are a tough and drawn out mental withdrawal but that most people say the physical sickness isn't as bad and can be somewhat mitigated. And yes after I saw yesterdays post I quickly ordered 250 G's of Maeng Da...I'm also planning on picking up some "reds" as they are mostly reported as the best for WD's.....but lets not derail my post...I'd love to start a second on that issue...I've got a SERIOUS MEDICAL ISSUE going on here...was 2 seconds from going to the ER after my 6th day without crapping at the start of this "shit" ;)

if you can do 8 a day.....then you can start doing 2 a day...

i know the max is 3 films a day is all they can prescribe....and that's the
hardcore heroin dose....

its really the dirtiest, nastiest drug i think a person can take....

lets not derail the thread.......lets start with the ROOT of the problem!!!!!
not put a bandaid over another bandaid over another bandaid...

im not gonna preach though....its really useless....

but youll remember what i posted....and youll know im right

good luck bro

Tenny, I've got a great respect for your knowledge on here brother...As much time as I've spent on here I wish I would have developed reletionships with more guys on the board...just as a statement overall...alot of researching..a little posting...I was actually on the board 6 years before my current user name...as for some reason the one I had didn't work after I had gotten away from the sport for a year...So what I here you saying is that if I suffer through it and taper down to 2mgs that the lesser dose will quickly start having an effect on the constipation...that's great to here because what I've seen says that at 2mgs 98% of the receptors are still covered that 16 or 24 cover...personal experience has been that each "step down" I did this early first month was that Drs. just blindly give you enough to keep you happy...so I tested it...I quickly went from 16 to 12....getting from 12 to 8 was a battle...I'm not sure how quickly I could drop from 8 to 2 but will definitely take your advice...As I work at that do you have reccomendations beyond that because I'm really itching to train and feel good again..firing on all cylinders so to speak as most bodybuilders we are more "in tune" with our bodies. Beyond probiotics, "green drinks" apple cider vinegar do you have any ideas or maybe even ways to optimize them? a certain type? Ive been using Dante's "green drink" 1-2/ daily usually 1st thing in lemon water...Nature's bounty Probiotic CD ...2 billion cultures...the ACV...I'm sick of losing muscle and being tired cause I can't put down a reasonable amount of food...been leaning on whey shakes and EAA's WAAAY more to try to maintain..cut back on volume with the weights...but kept in the biking because it's been suggested that "moving around" cardio will help keep things moving. I sincerely appreciate the advice...really do man. I know my responses are kinda long winded...I'm hoping to be as thorough as possible here...I know these days guys text and post and keep it brief or else sometimes people skip right by especially in a "help me" type post, rather than something that benefits them..

I'm not sure about opioid induced constipation but some GHRP-6 always get things moving for me. I know it's a different mechanism at play with the opioids but I think it would be worth a try. Good luck with everything i think beating opiates is one of the toughest things to do. Congrats on getting off the pills now get yourself free of the suboxone.

Opioids/Opiates cause constipation. I was strung out on Oxys and Heroin for about 3 years and would go weeks without crapping, when I did it was like giving birth! To the OP, have you ever witnessed someone withdrawing from subs? Has your doctor? It's one of the saddest things ever. I've been sober for 8 and half years and regularly attend AA meetings. I know when a guy is coming off subs at meetings because he kicks for nearly a month. Brutal. I know it's hard but get off the drugs bud. Maybe check out a meeting. There's a lot of ways to get help. You essentially switched seats on the Titanic. If you have any questions go ahead and PM me.

To everyone who has responded, thank you all very much...and yes I realize the subs are a bit of a trap in themselves. I'm fairly certain that if most of you all could have seen the trajectory of my life once I was on the harder shit you would have come to the conclusion I did...which was,,,#1 at lleast stabalize my life, hopefully use the subs as a "tool" to getting 100% drug free, but at least put the pieces back together. In that regard it has been a godsend...no more unable to get abnything done until I can find opiates today, days. I'm able to eat, train , not seek and search out drugs that were ruining many other aspects of my life, as someone who has struggled with other chemicals before, I appreciate the genuine concern of all of you who were willling to speak up and share it. For the last to days I tried going 6mgs, and 6mgs....first day wasn't too bad (suboxone has a long halflife) 2nd day got uncomfortable towards the end and I was up around the clock last night and tonight it's going on 3am I am clean and sober, but doubt I will get any or much sleep at 6mgs tonight. Maybe this week I can play with staggering my halflives a little better, so that during the workweek I'm at least functional and able to rest. And yes I've stocked up on some Kratom as well as Memantine as I came across research indicating it can reverse opiod tolerance...in effect each time I take a step down...it could be used to "adjust" to the lower dosage quicker and mitigate the sickness somewhat. Thank you all again. Any Additional advice is always welcomed :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear