over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Matarazzo - more heart problems

WOW, talk about a set back! Will definatly keep him in prayer. I met Mike many years ago down in Delaware. He was guest posing along with Lou Ferigno. Lou was a total asswipe! But Mike was the coolest guy there. A real nice guy. Lou wouldn't sign anything unless he was getting paid for it. Mike was signing anything you put infront of him. Took loads of pics with his fans, while the asswipe was sitting at a table charging $10.00 for a pre-autographed pic.

Mike is definatly one of the "keep it real" guys from the early 90's. My prayers go out to him and his family!

I sure hate to hear that news. I hope he gets better and gets another chance for a healthy life.

Man, that is sad. Mike was one of the greats from the 90's and everyone thought he would some day be Mr Olympia. SUPER nice guy.......

Hope he gets better soon........

Mike

Wow. That is a bummer. I hope he recovers successfully.

he will be the first of many

I think Mike's family has genetic conditions of heart troubles.

Belicose, Do you know Mike personally or are you just suggesting that it's completely impossible for an ex BBer who has used A.S. to have a genetic predisposition to heart problems? Having an opinion is fine but acting as though it is fact just makes you look ignorant.

mike himself has said that heart issues run in his family.. he also said that eating a few pounds of red meat a day did not help.. throw some anabolics in the mix ect ect and what might have been a issue at 50 is now a issue at 40.. but, it was proably going to rear its ugly head regardless..

My dad never touched a steroid and barely would take an aspirin.

He is light and still had a triple bypass. So yes, heredity is a valid excuse. It's just one more reason to get regular bloodwork and keep your blood pressure low. If that means keeping your bodyweight down, then that's what you've got to do. My days of being a big, lard-ass are done for that reason.

same here.. i have turned into a lazy bastard who barely works out anymore.. i always tried to be in the 260-270 range when working out.. i want to hold all the size possible and get down to 10-12% bf.. then build from there.. it is funny to see guys that weight 240 and look twice as big as you and then it hits ya.. i have to lose some bodyfat :rolleyes: ..

He is light and still had a triple bypass. So yes, heredity is a valid excuse. It's just one more reason to get regular bloodwork and keep your blood pressure low. If that means keeping your bodyweight down, then that's what you've got to do. My days of being a big, lard-ass are done for that reason.

My father in law just had quintuple bypass surgery at the age of 67 and he ate decent and did regular exercise. Genetics really seem to be about the biggest factor. I have known guys the same age that eat like shit, smoke several packs of cigarettes a day, and never exercise and dont have heart problems at all.

he will be the first of many

yes, and that is why all the pro bodybuilders are in hospitals right now getting triple bypass surgeries...

JT mentioned a trajic story a couple of months ago about a kid who died of heart failure when he was 17 years old... i guess he was pounding the juice too and that was what caused the heart problem, right?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131