over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mind Critiquing My Diet??

Zuke

Registered
Hey Guys. I'm back in the gym and on a bulker. I am 5'9,205lbs and about 13%BF. I am following "Growth Principals For Begginers" to a "T" and was curious if the diet is OK as well. The reason i am up at night is that i have a sleep disorder and i get up all the time.:( I drink 4L of water a day.

2:30am

Whey Protein w/ Skim Milk

5:00am

Whey Protein w/ skim Milk

8:30am

1.5 cup Oatmeal
1 tsp Flax Oil

11:00am (Post Workout)

(4) Slices White Bread w/ honey or jam
1 tsp Flax Oil

2:30pm

1.5 Cups Whole Wheat Pasta
2 Cans Tuna w/ light mayo

5:30pm

1.5 Cups Bran Flakes w/ skim Milk

8:30pm

Whey Shake w/ skim Milk
1 tsp Flax Oil

10:30pm

Steak
1 Cup Brown Rice

Thats pretty much my daily intake. Sometime I throw in an extra shake at midnite depending on how i feel. Sometimes i eat Whole WHeat Toast with Peanut Butter in the AM as well. Thanks!! Is this diet any good??

Last edited:
It looks pretty good, I do belive you are relying on the whey pro. a little too much, I would try to get in some ground beef and salmon maybe in place of a few of the shakes. You may also want to try and add a little more fat depending on your metabolism ex. olive oil, cocanut oil, avacados, and P. butter all natural. just my thoughts.

I might add some cottage cheese to the diet and consider adding oatmeal to your shakes.

Two cans of tuna is all the protein you take in besides the shakes? How many grams of protein are in your shakes? Which whey is it?

Zuke that diet is horrible!!! A bulker? A bulker with too much skim milk and white bread. I'll do one based on proper ratio's and post it for you.

It is not clear if 2.30 is your wake up time, or just a night shake meal.In either ways your sleep is or too short, or badly interupted. In order to grow you will need at least 7-8 hours of undisturbed sleep.
Diet wise I would add more protein from fish ,chicken breast, and eggs.

Where is the red meat? Post workout meal, get rid of that brand add some real real easy sugars...

Thanks for the replies. As for sleep, its impossible for me to get 7-8 hrs uninterupted. I am waiting for a machine to help me sleep. I have sleep apnea. 2-3 hrs at a time is all i get max.

The macros for my diet were:

425g Protein

400g Carbs

65g Fat

3885 Calories

As for post workout. I was under the impression that white bread and jam were simple carbs and perfect for post wokout???

Thanks for the help!! Oh and as for the red meat i eat a steak every nite!!! What can I say I am a mess!!

Zuke

I think it's a good solid diet for a young man. Red meat is something that will be the death of most North Americans.

I like the idea of cottage cheese and I'd add egg whites to the mix

Boo.

Boo- you are right regarding red meat being the death of us and thats because once its ingested it sits in your stomach fermenting causing a host of problems. thats because we as adults lack the digestive enzymes strong enough to clear these foods. simple solution is a strong enough digestive enzyme. i dont get anything for mentioning this site just passing on information that not only bodybuilders can use but any adult you care about. http://www.throppsnutrition.com/ here you can call the doctor who makes these enzymes to speak to him regarding the enzymes. whats great about these enzymes is that when you take them on an empty stomach and there is no food to go after they go into your blood and CLEAN YOUR BLOOD!! that might be something nice when on the gear.

Zuke-- i suffered from sleep apnea for many years before i broke down, went to the sleep lab and finally got a C-PAP machine that i wear every night. not only will your workouts be better but life will be totally different. you wont be tired when others are awake and you will feel 1000 times better once you start getting some rest. hang in ther bro.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear