over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Muscle/Strength gains after 40?

For those that are into this long term I tend to think that training naturally for some time are more likely to find what works better for gaining muscle losing fat being healthy etc. The ones that use gear right off or even early on as that helps cover up less then optimal training and diets.

@slesh ought to have been with you on that one and be so memorable lol. Hiking is great as an exercise no doubt!
I doubt he if he could hang (joke). Not enough body fat like me 😉. But it would be interesting.

More on second thought . . .

Sadly I don’t have my training journals with me now, I am hiking in Bhutan at the moment. Yes, have a rare few days with internet.

And I should have mentioned that I went from the high 150’s (I have the bone structure of a small bird) to the high 180’s soaking wet on about 4 to 6 months. And if I had any fat on me it was between my ears.

What convinced me to lower my dosage was a host of yellow flags on my blood test. And, if memory serves, I was in a Patagonia store in North Beach in SF and could not find any clothes to fit. Couple that with being at an antique auction at Fort Point in SF where my wife was volunteering which left me plenty of time to wander around always looking for a place to sit down 🙁 I was so tired being on my feet. Not like me, not good for me.

Guess I am not cut out for real bodybuilding. I was just pretending. Never had the confidence to step on stage (kudos to those that do) so I would never consider myself a bodybuilder. (And to paraphrase Jay, like him or no, agree with him or not, you are just a weightlifter unless and until you get your ass on stage.)
I must say, I think your life sounds pretty awesome. Exactly what I feel that I should be doing in my 60s.

For those that are into this long term I tend to think that training naturally for some time are more likely to find what works better for gaining muscle losing fat being healthy etc. The ones that use gear right off or even early on as that helps cover up less then optimal training and diets.

I was an athlete (football and basketball) player and did not do my first cycle until I was 23 and done playing sports. So i already knew how to train and at least knew i had to eat a lot of protein.

I'm never going to get on stage and compete, and i can get serious with my diet, but not hardcore contest prep serious. I just want to look good.

I was an athlete (football and basketball) player and did not do my first cycle until I was 23 and done playing sports. So i already knew how to train and at least knew i had to eat a lot of protein.

I'm never going to get on stage and compete, and i can get serious with my diet, but not hardcore contest prep serious. I just want to look good.
Do as you please i always did. I lifted for 20 years before i did my first cycle. To spend many months trying to do high volume when bulking and months dieting and many months high intensity for the same time period to evaluate all those separate factors along with all the other techniques along with all the other dieting strategies takes many years from my experience. I gained over 40 pounds of muscle before i did my first cycle. And i have been working out for 50 years so i guess that could be called long term. Just putting my opinion from my experience out there. I could care less if any one follows it.

I'm thinking this, too- but i have never waited until i was lean to cut before, and thought maybe it would help.

Should i just say fuck it and hop on gear from jump?
At 40 I would. If you know what you need need to do, hop on now and plan on staying on. I guess if you haven’t trained at all in close to a year then maybe just get in the gym for a month or two just to get the rhythm back and strengthen tendons/ligaments. I really don’t see the advantage in waiting any longer, quicker your on quicker you’ll see physical changes and easier it will be to stay motivated/focused. I was out for close to 3 years and got out of shape, i decided to train a full year before getting back on. Looking back on it i should have just hopped right back on. The first 6 months back were brutal, zero strength, zero pumps, little to no noticeable progress. Then i got on and stayed on gig, test etc….. Night and day and feel and look a 100x better

Hey guys, I just turned 40 last June, and at the moment i am horribly out of shape. Currently, at 5'10, 220lbs and I am guessing somewhere north of 20% bf.

Looking to get back in shape and want to try and cut to around 12% bf before hopping back on gear to put on muscle. I am thinking keto, 20mg cardarine and 60 min of cardio + low resistance/high rep circuits.

When i am ready to put muscle back on, is it realistic to be able to expect to put on more muscle than in my youth if diet/training and gear use is in effect? I never competed of came close to maximizing myself before.

Or should i just be happy with getting kinda close back to where i was?
Why not

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner