over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My post rotator cuff surgery supplement list

Dr.S

Registered
Two surgeries on the right shoulder in the past, now finally the left shoulder's turn for surgery :( No tear from the MRI (although things can turn out different once they get the scope in the shoulder). Looks like just impingement, so I probably won't be in a sling long--- probably not lifting for about 3 months.

Any ideas or input would be great; here's what I'm thinking post surgery

Cissus-- apprx. 2 grams/day (TP's bulk Cissus)

Bromelain-- I usually take around 1200 GDU's per day, but may up it to 2000 GDU's per day

I usually take a multi, along with Zinc and vitamin C, but I may switch to a ZMA product for the Zinc and stick with approx 1-2 grams Vit-C per day.

NAC-- probably around 1 gram per day (taken with the Vit-C)

I'm debating whether to use ALA or an ALA/ALCAR combo. I was also leaning towards a GH releaser (Somnidren GH and PowerFULL seem to get good reviews, but I'm interested in Humanofort after seeing some of the info)
Yes, I know real GH would probably be good, but I'm not going that route (I'd use it if I got a script, but I doubt that will happen:D )

I'd like to hear what you guys and gals think of this--- especially those who have used successful supplement stacks following a surgery.......thanks

Up your bromelain dose! 2000 GDU / DAY IS NOTHING... that's what I take before each meal for its digestive properties.

If your multi contains iron or calcium, or both (a good product shouldn't), don't take zinc with it as it inhibits absorption of the two.

Agree with alin on the chondro/glucosamine supp.

Harpagophytum is great too.

thanks guys, but let me make sure we're on the same page here. I use a couple different bromelain products, my favorite being NOW's 2000 GDU 500mg tablets. If it's 2000 GDU's per gram, then one tablet would be 1000 GDU, yes? I thought getting around 3000 GDU/day or above had shown the potential for rapid heartbeat (I could be calculating this wrong, as it gets a bit confusing).

As far as the glucosamine/chondroitin, I never seemed to notice much even taking them for prolonged periods of time. It may not hurt to throw them in the mix though...

Don't forget MSM at 3-4 grams/day. Vit C at 1000 mg 3/x day also. I would also look in Hydralonic acid.

HGH and Ox!

BMJ

I'd go with Gluco/chondroitin complex at 3-5 grams/day + Deca durabolin injections on somewhere close to the rotator cuff if possible, if not then any other known injection spot is great.

Keep your protein REALLY high because rotator cuff is a muscle group and you need the proper "building blocks" to help it recover.

Vitamin C to 5 Grams/day.

I have to say that Deca is one "miracle" steroid for Injuries...

I'd go with Gluco/chondroitin complex at 3-5 grams/day + Deca durabolin injections on somewhere close to the rotator cuff if possible, if not then any other known injection spot is great.

Keep your protein REALLY high because rotator cuff is a muscle group and you need the proper "building blocks" to help it recover.

Vitamin C to 5 Grams/day.

I have to say that Deca is one "miracle" steroid for Injuries...

A little deca and GH would be great :) , but b/c of my occupation I don't take those risks.

Good point with the protein---although I still think it will be lower than "normal"---I usually eat in the neighborhood of 250-300 grams protein, but I haven't lifted for a couple months and I won't be able to probably for another 3 months. I'll try to eat for optimal recovery and to keep my BF % pretty low---that way when I'm back in the gym I can concentrate on gaining without worry of putting on a little fat

5 grams of Vit-C? Do you get any stomach discomfort at that dose?

Seems like a lot of folks still endorse Gluco/Chond, but I can't really say it helped me much when I used it for a couple years. Cissus, on the other hand, gives an immediate analgesic affect and is a supp I really like. I don't see how it could hurt to throw in the Gluco/Chond, so I might do so.

Up your bromelain dose! 2000 GDU / DAY IS NOTHING... that's what I take before each meal for its digestive properties.

If your multi contains iron or calcium, or both (a good product shouldn't), don't take zinc with it as it inhibits absorption of the two.

Agree with alin on the chondro/glucosamine supp.

Harpagophytum is great too.

Phidias- I don't know much about Harpagophytum-- Devils Claw. I just did some reading and it seems that some studies show it to be as effective as Vioxx for anti-inflammatory. Do you think it might be overkill along with the Cissus? And do you have a dosage range that worked well for you?

Also was wondering if anyone recommends a calcium supplement---I think most would say to get enough through diet, but I'm no calcium expert

either add fish fats or increase your dosage of them, should help control inflamation, also avoid inflamatory foods like wheat, flour, sugar, refined carbs

5 grams of Vit-C? Do you get any stomach discomfort at that dose?

I can take 5 grams/day all year round without any stomach discomfort.

It depends on the type and the time. I usually take it at 1000 mg Time-Released tablets after each meal except the 2nd meal.

I consume 6 meals/day minus the 2nd, it makes 5 grams/day...

I think everything would be helpful... Try adding some EFAs to the equation at 3 grams/day in order to help the repair and lubrication of joints...

Phidias- I don't know much about Harpagophytum-- Devils Claw. I just did some reading and it seems that some studies show it to be as effective as Vioxx for anti-inflammatory. Do you think it might be overkill along with the Cissus? And do you have a dosage range that worked well for you?

Also was wondering if anyone recommends a calcium supplement---I think most would say to get enough through diet, but I'm no calcium expert

I tried the devil's claw for my shoulder pain and it did nothing for me, just my experience with it.

I'm going in for a scops on my left shoulder this July, so this is a helpful thread. Mine is to remove a bone spur, MRI test I go in for shortly will show if theres any more damage. But you really think youll be in a sling for 3 months?

Two surgeries on the right shoulder in the past, now finally the left shoulder's turn for surgery :( No tear from the MRI (although things can turn out different once they get the scope in the shoulder). Looks like just impingement, so I probably won't be in a sling long--- probably not lifting for about 3 months.

If it's just an impingement do you really need surgery? I had an impingement in my shoulder and was able to fix it with Active Release Technique treatments. (There's another thread on here about that.)

I'm going in for a scops on my left shoulder this July, so this is a helpful thread. Mine is to remove a bone spur, MRI test I go in for shortly will show if theres any more damage. But you really think youll be in a sling for 3 months?

I won't be able to lift for apprx 3 months, but I was out of the sling before a week. I still can't do much other than sit at home reading the internet (I've been lucky enough to have a couple people drive me to the store and stuff).

The shoulder was in worse shape than the X-Ray/MRI showed, though. They removed a "yellowish, cystic mass from the deltoid" (maybe of casaulty of the home brew years :( ...........There was extensive bursitis and a slight tear (luckily not a complete tear). He cleaned out the area and removed bone from 2 spots to alleviate the pressure.

I've been taking most of what I mentioned in the first post, but I increased the Bromelain and Cissus dose. I've been using USP's PowerFULL--- the sleep I get when taking this is deep, quality sleep. I wake up feeling refreshed. I also bumped the Vit-C to 1 gram per meal (so 4 grams per day)

If it's just an impingement do you really need surgery? I had an impingement in my shoulder and was able to fix it with Active Release Technique treatments. (There's another thread on here about that.)

Depends on how bad it is....mine was pretty bad :(

I have a question what does NAC stand for??

Sorry if it is common knowledge as I am always trying to learn more about herbal supplementation and haven't seen this acronym..

Other than that I think it looks pretty good....I am not sure if you should take much more as it seems like overkill if you take anything more but that is just me...

I have a question what does NAC stand for??

Sorry if it is common knowledge as I am always trying to learn more about herbal supplementation and haven't seen this acronym..

Other than that I think it looks pretty good....I am not sure if you should take much more as it seems like overkill if you take anything more but that is just me...

N-Acetyl Cysteine .....it raises glutathione levels. Helps immune function and protect the body from toxins

BTW-- I have the doctors technical notes from the surgery-- I'll try to scan a copy (I'm trying to get pictures as well, but that may take a few days)

I had rotator cuff surgery on both my shoulders ( a full repair and arthoscopic on the other) I didn't take any of that stuff and recovered 100%. My doctor didn't recommend anything but physical therapy. I just took my usual supplements of protein, bcaa, multi vitamins, and ran an aas cycle. A NO2 supplement might be beneficial for healing to increase blood flow also. I would say don't waste your money on all that extra stuff, you won't notice much of a difference. AAs and your protein is all you need with your exercising and stretching.

Any ideas or input would be great; here's what I'm thinking post surgery

Cissus-- apprx. 2 grams/day (TP's bulk Cissus)

Bromelain-- I usually take around 1200 GDU's per day, but may up it to 2000 GDU's per day

I usually take a multi, along with Zinc and vitamin C, but I may switch to a ZMA product for the Zinc and stick with approx 1-2 grams Vit-C per day.

NAC-- probably around 1 gram per day (taken with the Vit-C)

I'm debating whether to use ALA or an ALA/ALCAR combo. I was also leaning towards a GH releaser (Somnidren GH and PowerFULL seem to get good reviews, but I'm interested in Humanofort after seeing some of the info)
Yes, I know real GH would probably be good, but I'm not going that route (I'd use it if I got a script, but I doubt that will happen:D )

I'd like to hear what you guys and gals think of this--- especially those who have used successful supplement stacks following a surgery.......thanks

Humanofort will help, take a look of this study on dogs.

Attachments

• DOGtorRx Clinical( Hungarian).doc
    46 KB · Views: 555

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views