advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

need advice or opinions on my plan........

kevin_saun

Newbies
just like to say hello all , i been lurking around the shadows here for a couple months, learning as much as i can , and i must say u guys r doing an amazing job, im not completely new to the bodybuilding scene, have trained for 6 years but got away from it a few yrs ago, family, children, work , but in the last yr i been easing back into it again , the last couple months , jumped back in with both feet. Im looking for some opinions on my program, i found it somewheres awhile back, been on it for a month or so now. Im 31, 5ft10, about 235, not sure of my bodyfat percentage,i do heavy physical work so i have some shape, no wheres near the caliper of most of u guys for sure, 36in waist if it gives u any idea of my build. Ive decided to go with a program that is completely new to me.........i work the whole body 3days a week, non consecutive days, 1 compound movement per body part, after warming up , stretching and using light weights warming the whole body, i go to the lifting.....which consists of a warm up set of 15 reps with a weight i can handle easily, then my second set i use a weight i find failure between 8 and 10 reps and my third i use a weight i find failure between 4 and 6. no more than a 2min rest in between sets. my goal for the next 6 months or so is to add mass, as much size and strength as possible.

15 degree incline bench 15, 8-10, 4-6
dumbell shoulder press 15, 8-10, 4-6
bent barbell rows 15,8-10,4-6
close grip bench or skull crushers 15, 8-10, 4-6
barbell curls 15, 8-10, 4-6
sguats 15, 8-10, 4-6
calve raises i stick to higher reps , my calves are a size im happy with kinda out of perportion with the rest of my leg lol

Im training all natural for now, ill see how long it lasts, but for suppliments, just n large2 protein in the am and perfect whey protein later throughout the day. i ve also decided to try creatine and thermo genisis (red rockets i think some call them) mostly for the added boost not for the weight loss properties. I also train at home where i have a significant amount of weight and bench and soon a power rack .(being a single father of a 4yo not much time to go to the gym for now)

Any help or opinions would be greatly apreciated.

Dude welcome.
Your workout plan looks great. The only thing i suggest is maybe alternating an A and B routine for more variety in movements.

Do your routine for A then alternate it with a

D Bench
Pulldowns
B O Press
Pushdowns
D Curls
Deadlifts

Just a sample but you can see what i mean.
Your set and rep scheme look perfect.

Any specific questions just ask.
Good luck.

MM

Sounds great. Studies show that a bodypart worked 2x a week is the best for hypertrophy and reaching you genetic potential. You could get away and get better gains by doing a full body routine every 3rd day. Mon-Thurs ect.
I would do a couple of progressive warm up sets say with 50%/70% of your work weight and then your set of 4-6 then drop the weight 10-20% and do a set of 10-12.

No fancy routine needed just stick the basics, good nutrition and plenty of rest and your genetics will dictate the rest.

Dont belive the hype.

RC

Thanks for the reply guys, I do mix it up some, but am limited as I have no cables for pulldowns or pushdowns, and decline bench is realy hard on my rotator cuff, had some calcium buildup a few yrs ago, never quite been the same, it prevents me from doing decline bench, flat barbell bench, but can do flat dumbell press. I apreciate all replies guys, thxs.

been a little over a month now.........

just an update guys, I took what ive been learning off these boards and changed things around a little, im still doing basicaly the same routine, nothing written in stone though, once in awhile changeing it up from barbells to dumbells, also added a higher rep range set after my 4-6 range set, the results are awesome lovin the feel. I also added in 1 set of incline flyes after chest, 1 set of side laterals after shoulder press, 1 set of concen curls after biceps . I also took some advice from here and went to a 1 day on 2 day off kinda split, seems to be working realy well, strength is starting to progress, been keeping a detailed diary on weight/reps per set. Thxs for all the info guys, gonna keep lurking and see what i can soak up lol , hopefully ill be able to post pics and give u all a chance to bash lol joking.

I'd look into Big A's training program. Remember he's a pro and there's no way you could go wrong with his training methods. Also you might want to check out Iron man's training (in the Article forum) which a lot of us are doing at the present moment.

Tough

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner