over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need Bigger Legs

King Geedorah

Registered
Hey all.

I need to get advice on some of the best techniques/exercises for getting that sweep on the outside of the legs absolutely massive. I'm talking an outside sweep like Tom Platz. If anyone has any luck with a certain exercise or particular foot placement that has helped their overall leg development, please bestow upon me your knowledge. Thank you!

Dorian yates leg routine will do wonders for your quad growth and sweep, on the hacks just make sure your go ass to calves and do only 1 set after warmup too failure on each exercise and keep a jounal.

I did squats 3x a week changing the rep range each workout and my legs grew a lot and that's all I did for quads

3 sets of squats, 3 times a week, each set to failure, varying rep range

that will do it!

Squats, Squats, & Squats. And after your done with that, Squat some more..

Mon I did 3 sets of 6-8 reps, last set to failure. Wed 3 sets 10-12 reps, last set to failure. Fri 3 sets 15-20 reps, last set to failure

I have this same question, and same problem.

Honestly, I don't know if foot placement and all that really has much to do with it, because if you watch pros squat... their form and foot placement is all over the place.

Some squat with torsos upright (Evan Centopani), some are very bent over (Ronnie Coleman)... some have toes pointed out, and some have toes forward.... some go ass to grass (Tom Platz), some stop at parallel (Cutler).. etc.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure it matters THAT much. It all stresses the quads. The more weight with more reps you can do = the more growth you should get over time.

Tom Platz squatted an insane amount of weight for an insane amount of reps. Many IFBB pros today cannot do that. If they could, then maybe they could give him a run for his money.

The best thing for me (so far), has been simply to increase my strength on squats and hack squats and leg press. I've quit worrying about form and shit so much, and just focused on trying to get stronger, and squatting to at least parallel. As my strength has increased, so has my leg size.

I guess it boils down to this... right now say someone can squat 315 x 10 in good form.

No matter how that person tweaks their form, diet, stance, or whatever, there's no way in hell their legs will look as good as say... Ronnie Coleman, who squatted 650 x 10. He's literally twice as strong!

Last edited:
But to answer your question....

• If you do squats with a vertical torso, you will work quads more than if you're bent over.
  • If you place legs close together, you will work the outside sweep more than if your legs are far apart.

I used to do shit like this, hoping that it would improve my sweep. All it did was make my squat fall off like 150lbs, and several plates off the hack squat. After a while, my legs actually shrank, and my knees started hurting.... whereas previously I had no knee pain.

This leads me to believe that all the unnatural form tweaking shit is overrated, and not that helpful.

Just focus on getting stronger, and squatting to parallel at least.

Question:

Does squatting with "perfect bodybuilding form" 225 x 10, cause more leg growth than 365 x 10 with a natural form? I don't think it really does.

Someone asked Evan Centopani why he puts his legs so far apart on leg press one time, and he responded something like "I can do more weight this way without hurting myself"

Only Tom platz will have legs like Tom Platz. You will have the type of sweep and development that your genes dictate. All of the above advice about squatting is good...but it takes hard work, time and good nutrition along with pharmaceutical enhancement to reach your maximum potential.

Question:

Does squatting with "perfect bodybuilding form" 225 x 10, cause more leg growth than 365 x 10 with a natural form? I don't think it really does.

This should be the thought process with all movements and training IMO! A more natural position and motion allows you to subject that muscle to greater load, progress faster, and do it more safely. Muscle doesn't "know" if you're using multiple exercises from different angles or what not. Fibers lengthen and contract linearly. What matters most in causing hypertrophy is load (ie overload) and time under tension. And putting muscle in a natural, favorable position allows you to maximize those things.

i find that banded leg presses in the 15 rep range really seems to smoke my quads, particularly the outer sweep

Everyone's right. You need to do everything especially if the shape and size doesn't come easy to you. Do jump squats, regular squats, extremely wide stance squats with your toes pointed out ( smith machine). Also a good one on the smith machine you lift the bar like a regular squat than bring your feet forward about 1 foot. Then when you go down you literally bring your butt all the way to the ground. That exercise crushes your tear drops and lower quads in general.

Only Tom platz will have legs like Tom Platz. You will have the type of sweep and development that your genes dictate. All of the above advice about squatting is good...but it takes hard work, time and good nutrition along with pharmaceutical enhancement to reach your maximum potential.

Yes, I think genes have the biggest say in what the muscle shape is going to be like. I found that my shape wouldn't change all that much because when the muscle grows the whole thing grows and not just one part of it! You can try to isoloate areas but I think there is little you can do to change the shape of a muscle, especially if you are already developed rather big. Syntherol is about the only thing I think can have a big impact on shape, if you are already developed decent.

Got It.

Thank you Landmonster and everyone else for your input. I appreciate you all sharing your methods and advice on leg training and I agree with you all. The gods of bodybuilding have spoken. LOL. Train the legs like a bastard, oh and after that, keep training them. I shall see if there are any new developments in the future. Thank you again and long live bodybuilding!

Hey all.

I need to get advice on some of the best techniques/exercises for getting that sweep on the outside of the legs absolutely massive. I'm talking an outside sweep like Tom Platz. If anyone has any luck with a certain exercise or particular foot placement that has helped their overall leg development, please bestow upon me your knowledge. Thank you!

Heavy squats and leg presses have done the trick for myself.
Everyone is different so you may have to experiment to see what works best
for you.

Mon I did 3 sets of 6-8 reps, last set to failure. Wed 3 sets 10-12 reps, last set to failure. Fri 3 sets 15-20 reps, last set to failure

Do u pyramid the weights up each set so the last set is the heaviest or use the same weight on each set and go to failure on the last?

If the principles of the Big Beyond Belief program are true, you might get even better results if u reversed the reps and did 15-20reps on Monday and 6-8 on Friday.

I dont think its gonna make a difference if you start low and go high or start high and go low. Personally i start low because its more intense and i feel refreshed after the weekend. You're stimulating your muscles either way and your stimulating them differently each workout. If your only doing 3 sets then your muscle should be fully recovered by your next workout. Usually I do a couple feel sets/warm up sets and then I stick with the same weight each set. 2 min rest when doing 6-8 reps, 90 sec when doing 10-12, and 1 min when doing 15-20. Sometimes I'll pyramid up for a few weeks to build strength

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws