Unholy

Registered
Looking for a little guidance.

Some stats
20 years Old
6'0"
230lbs
BF 14-15%

I am currently cutting till the end of summer and was looking to bulk up over the fall/winter. I was hoping to get my feet wet with a first BBing comp sometime next summer/fall. I was wondering if anyone experienced here could chime in with a plan of attack. I was thinking cutting for a few more weeks then trying to add some mass over the next 5 months followed by a cut and contest prep. Would you guys suggest doing otherwise?

I will try to take some decent back/leg shots soon.

Here are some pics, I am pretty new to BBing, have taken the sport seriously for about 10 months now.

082907_19431.jpg

082907_19571.jpg

5 weeks ago here

071807_18161.jpg

071307_17571.jpg

100_0245.jpg

Any comments/critique would be appreciated, I know I am far from being lean but I started out last summer at 290lbs, 35% BF, 49" waist and its been hard getting this far.

Looks like your building a solid physique. I would try and reduce the bodyfat though, so that your staying healthier WHILE building your physique.

Obviously the pics aren't great but I first want to applaud you for posting them. It looks like you have a good base but as Main mentioned the BF% is to high. Bring that down so you can better see what your strengths are and your weaknesses. Post your current diet and training routine on the main forum and you will get a lot of feedback to help you skulpt the physique you are looking for. Good luck and welcome to the best board anywhere.

Thank you for the feedback so far. I will post my diet and routine to get some better feedback.

Diet average day

2800 cals
250g protein
100g fat (Healthy fats mainly)
carbs 75-150g a day

I eat my carbs mostly before/after training, on non workout days I eat the bul of my carbs earlier in the day as well as eating less carbs in general then on a training day.

Routine

Day 1 Pull
Dealift
Shrug
Pullups
BB Row
Lat Pulldowns
EZ Bar or BB Curls

Day 2 Push
Flat BB Bench
Incline DB Press
DB Fly
Dips
Skulls or Tricep Cable pushdowns

Day 3 Legs
Ass to Floor Squats
Front Squats
Sumo SLDLs
Standing Calf Raises
Seated Calf Raises

Day 4 Shoulders/Abs
Seated DB Press
Side Lateral Raises
Front Plate raises or cable raises
Weighed Situps on decline bench
Weighted Leg raises

I train 2 days on 1 day off. The big compound lifts I do 3 heavy working sets in the 6-8 rep range and the more isolated ones I do 2-3 sets in the 6-8 rep range.

So far I managed to drop 70lbs and 11.5" on my waist while gaining strength in all my lifts.

Not sure where I should post this so I guess I'll leave it here since I already have an open thread.

Thanks for any help.

So far I managed to drop 70lbs and 11.5" on my waist while gaining strength in all my lifts.

Not sure where I should post this so I guess I'll leave it here since I already have an open thread.

Thanks for any help.

Thats impressive! How long have you been on this particular diet?

The old Rolling Stones song comes to mind here:

"Time Its on your side"

You are young and learning leaps and bounds and have done some awsome work losing weight getting to where you are now......hard training and qaluity calories will help you build a dense muscular physique.......time and consistency will bridge that gap to it....

Thats impressive! How long have you been on this particular diet?

Have been dieting on and off for the past 11 months to get to where I am. I have been using the particular diet I mentioned for the past 4 or so months with amazing results.

The old Rolling Stones song comes to mind here:

"Time Its on your side"

You are young and learning leaps and bounds and have done some awsome work losing weight getting to where you are now......hard training and qaluity calories will help you build a dense muscular physique.......time and consistency will bridge that gap to it....

Thanks man, yea I know I am young and I understand that quality calories and hard training will build a good physique. Would you guys recommend changing anything up, either with my routine or diet or with my general plan of attack for the next year? As soon as I get lean enough I want to focus on getting my LBM up, I have no desire to look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model.

Your diet sounds pretty good. You did not mention doing any cardio. If you arent, I would do at least 15 minutes hard after each workout is done. Maybe you could post up what kind of foods you are getting your macros from. If you are still losing weight each week it could mean that its just going to take more time. You have come a long way and have done what a lot of people cannot do, especially considering you did it on your own. Congrats! Impressive changes you have made. Do you have any before pictures taken 12 months ago or more?

Ofcoarse sir lemme dig some up from when i was 275 or so, don't have any at 290 though since I was very unhppy with my physique and didn't take pics.

122706_10511.jpg

122706_10521.jpg

122706_10522.jpg

Ofcoarse sir lemme dig some up from when i was 275 or so, don't have any at 290 though since I was very unhppy with my physique and didn't take pics.

122706_10511.jpg

122706_10521.jpg

122706_10522.jpg

Keep doing what your doing for now......the results are amazing.

I've known unholy from another board since he first started lifting. His progress has been awesome! He is a smart/hardworking guy who soaks up every bit of advice he can get his hands on.

Great job on the weightloss!

Do you use straps when deadlifting, or doing pullups?

Great job on getting the weight off. You are making good progress. I would lay off the arm training a bit, I didn't say not to train them but you need to focus more on the quality overall mass builders like deads, squats and bench work. In your training you listed sumo style sldl. Do them with a narrower stance. this will hit the hams a lot harder. Focus on building your legs, back and chest. Much more muscle in these groups to stimulate. Thus burn more cals as you build them. Really good job so far. As others have mentioned get three good cardio sessions a week. this will not interfere with muscle building. Keep us posted and train hard bro!

Great job on getting the weight off. You are making good progress. I would lay off the arm training a bit, I didn't say not to train them but you need to focus more on the quality overall mass builders like deads, squats and bench work. In your training you listed sumo style sldl. Do them with a narrower stance. this will hit the hams a lot harder. Focus on building your legs, back and chest. Much more muscle in these groups to stimulate. Thus burn more cals as you build them. Really good job so far. As others have mentioned get three good cardio sessions a week. this will not interfere with muscle building. Keep us posted and train hard bro!

This is good stuff right here....If I was able to train heavy at twenty I would have done this exact workout strategy...

Wow, you really have progressed so much from those earlier pictures. It looks like you are doing the right things, just have to be patient. I wouldnt worry about changing a whole lot unless you havent made any progress in a months time. I like what oldfella said about training approach.

WOW! Great transformation bro, thanks for the motivation!

Nice Job...

It appears you retain a lot of mass you had at 275lbs. Keep up the good work bro!

Thank you guys for the comments and critique.

I would lay off the arm training a bit, I didn't say not to train them but you need to focus more on the quality overall mass builders like deads, squats and bench work.

This is the only thing that confused me Oldfella, I do 1 exercise for Bi's and 1 for tris, I didn't know that was too much. My entire routine focuses on heavy compound exercises for back/chest/legs just like you said. I am doing deads, squats, bench, heavy rowing etc.

Looking for a little guidance.

Some stats
20 years Old
6'0"
230lbs
BF 14-15%

I am currently cutting till the end of summer and was looking to bulk up over the fall/winter. .

When you say "cutting" are you doing this strictly by diet and cardio and workouts? Or are you talking about using gym juice when you say "cutting"? (just wanna be sure of the term "cutting" at your still young age of ONLY 20)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws