over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Newbees

clone1020

Newbies
Hi folks,

I have followed this board for a while before joining and must say the level of advice is second to none.
I am 39 now and returned to training at the beginning of the year after a layoff of around 15yrs.
I used to be one of those who in my youth and ignorance went through eveyone known routine and new fad there was. Each month when the mags came out my routine would change.
Now being older and possible wiser my love of the gym returned and I started training again.
I have a training partner who is 21 yrs old, this is good for me as the little f***er keeps me going with his motivation.
Routine wise I started to train with the basic compound exercises, squat, bench, shoulder press etc, thinking, give it a month or two and I would get back into the hard stuff. But hang on I was growing and growing well on the basics so I stuck with it.
If you look at the articles section you will find good posts about the basics you need to do to make yourself grow. There really is no secret to it, eat, eat and eat the right foods train hard but not overtrain. two sets of two exercises are working well for me. Rest up, dont go out on the piss every night.
forget the mags there is more valuable and beneficial info on a site like this than in the mags, use the money you save for more chicken breasts £ for £ they will give you more growth than the latest greatest routine in this months mag ( trust me if done it myself and know how you think, "look how big his arms are, what does he do to get them like that"). These guys are huge and it has taking them years of sacrifice to get themselves there. Their routine works for them it wont for you.
keep it simple eat well and often, rest and train hard and you will grow.
I am not a pro or an expert just someone who being a little older and wiser has realised there is no real secret just do the basics get big and enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Remember, YOU CANT DECORATE THE HOUSE UNTIL IT IS BUILT.

and if you still dont think it works i will stick a pic or two on here to show the difference in me over the last few months.

Last edited:
clone1020 said:
There really is no secret to it eat, eat and eat the right foods train hard but not overtrain ... Rest up, dont go out on the piss every night ... chicken breasts £ for £ they will give you more growth than the latest greatest routine in this months mag

Well said! (I especially like the chicken breasts part.) It's always great to hear when someone is back to training and making good progress.

Good info for sure. Kinda like my signature ;) :cool:

Clone great post. Good to have another with the same outlook i have.
Keep giving the great advice as experience is a lot greater than what we learn through reading or hear say.

"YOU CANT DECORATE THE HOUSE UNTIL IT IS BUILT. "

Great quote, really. It reminds people that there's no supplement to hard work and hard work takes time...

lkg

Aloha n welcome to ProMuscle!

Awesome post! Great reminders for everyone to reflect on.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131