over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Any Landscapers here?

jerseystepup

Registered
I figured there has to be at least a few, since we have such a wide variety of members here.. A friend of mine owns a very well established landscaping business. I just completed my second week, and HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT? i eat as much as i can all day, bring a cooler with meals, a shake, gallon + of water... yet in only 2 weeks time I'm down about 9.5lbs.. getting weaker in the gym and look like shitttttttt... any suggestions? ideas? obviously, works is more important, and $$ means more to me than my physique (barely) but this suckksssss

suggestion is to get a job which requires less manual labor.
I dropped out of college at 18 worked in a warehouse with some pretty scary dudes and then decided that this was not the life for me and paid my way through school
I dont know if this is a summer or a fulll time job for you.
Regardless, dont do it.

Im 30 years old and have people that depend on me to bring money in to eat/have a roof over they're head etc... was laid off a few months back and have applied for literally hundreds of jobs.. not even an interview. Im doing all i can, this is my only option right now. thanks for your input though i guess?

Yeah if giving up the job isn't an option you've just gotta find a way to get more calories in to support the work you're doing. Weight gainer, high calorie pre-made lunches, etc.

Yea man, competitive bodybuilder here and work between 50-60 hours a week landscaping, 6-7 days a week. All I can say is you have to constantly eat. I bring a jar of all natural PB, tupperware of grilled chx, bag of wheat bread, thing of mustard or hot sauce, and a pack or two of rice cakes to work everyday. There is no time for my 6-7 meals, it's small feedings whenever I start to feel any hunger, which is all day. So basically eat any chance I get ha. I do empathize with you here though sometimes I get to the gym already drained. Cup of black coffee and relentless pursuit of the phantom bodybuilding "perfection", (along with the right special supps) keep me going strong. Nothing to it but to do it.

I do landscaping. I mainly do lawn apps and am certified through the state to do so, but I also do some hard work such as mulching which I've done that past 2 weeks. It's rough but I try to get 1k calories in the morning, 1k at lunch, around 2k for dinner and several snacks throughout the day. Definitely tough not to look flat all the time, even with gear!

Just keep doing what your doin bro, I did it before too. long hot days in the sun wheeling mulch and riding mowers, i would bring chicken and rice and 3 shakes to work and a gallon water, some protein bars etc... as much as i could and ate as often as possible. It sucks when your tryin to get big esp if your busy and cant eat cuz of a fuckhead boss, but then again landscaping is pretty laidback compared to many jobs, so it isnt that hard to gain muscle just run some good gear and also might as well do some melanotan 2 to help get you dark, since your in the sun all the time.

I've been landscaping for 4 years with the family business.... I literally eat 5000 cals and protein constantly. I can eat like a horse and not get fat which is actually cool. By the end of the summer im always shredded 7%bf just from the constant moving and the heat. Enjoy it,I bet you'll get lean as can be.

I've been landscaping for 4 years with the family business.... I literally eat 5000 cals and protein constantly. I can eat like a horse and not get fat which is actually cool. By the end of the summer im always shredded 7%bf just from the constant moving and the heat. Enjoy it,I bet you'll get lean as can be.

Imagine being on tren at the same time. I'm sweating like crazy at work. People have been looking at me like "Dude, are you alright?" They don't say anything though lol

Yeah if giving up the job isn't an option you've just gotta find a way to get more calories in to support the work you're doing. Weight gainer, high calorie pre-made lunches, etc.

YEah, IMO youre going to have to eat a "dirtier" diet. Youre going to have to eat some stuff that is really caloric dense. Eat some crap like triples from Wendy's, those burgers pack 1000 k each. Eat one of those with some large fries and youll burn off all that and more while you work. If calories in= calories out you should not lose more weight and get weaker.

THe protein shakes inbetween meals is good, and I would eat a really high calorie lunch like that to get through the day. When you get home from work you can eat a good meal.

Id say youre just dry as fuck bro, you probably dropped the 9 lbs of water in 2 weeks. No way you lost that much legit weight that quick eating like that trust me.. youre probably just sweating your ass off and holdong much less water in skin and muscles. And the lack of energy in gym would be from being in the heat all day and having less water, i suggest doubling whatever water intake youre already at, which im sure is already alot but remember how much youre swesting out, and pick yp a strong pre workout to smash before the gym.. pre workouts brought me back to loving the gym every day

I don't eat any more than when I am doing 40-60 hours a week of heavy landdscaping, which I have been doing the last 3 Weeks usually 10 hours no breaks. My secret is homemade electrolyte mix that I make in a concentrate and add to 24 ounces of water every hour.

To me the key to being able to work this hard is hydration & electrolytes.

My secret blend is:

4000Mg sodiuum
6000Mg potassium
3 Tbs calcium, magnesium, zinc from "trace minerals"
2 Tbs multi vitimin from Source One
1Tbs ferous fermate (iron)
1/2 tsp trace minerals

I'm 53 & can go hard at manual like ditch digging, fence building or moving large masses of trees debris and yard material or 4-5 hours of mma training on to of a part time job & running my business.

I look at manual labor or work as an athletic event and prepare in advance hours before'

You need a blood transfusion from Mexican donors... It's hard ass work, I'll tell you... (I can say that because I'm Mexican) I'm an architect and when I started I was mostly a landscape architect... I worked for a very big firm and had my hand in, without exaggerating 2000 landscaping projects! I was known as "the landscape guru"

I worked on projects like Millennium park in Chicago... Going into the field and watching these guys work alone was enough for me to break out in a sweat and feel as if I've over-trained... :D

Anyway, I do agree with eating a "dirtier diet" but not Wendy's or McDonalds! Have some Tacos and burritos... What's wrong with you people?

Last edited:
You need a blood transfusion from Mexican donors... It's hard ass work, I'll tell you... (I can say that because I'm Mexican) I'm an architect and when I started I was mostly a landscape architect... I worked for a very big firm and had my hand in, without exaggerating 2000 landscaping projects! I was known as "the landscape guru"

I worked on projects like Millennium park in Chicago... Going into the field and watching these guys work alone was enough for me to break out in a sweat and feel as if I've over-trained... :D

Anyway, I do agree with eating a "dirtier diet" but not Wendy's or McDonalds! Have some Tacos and burritos... What's wrong with you people?

Its brutal work. I did it for maybe 2 weeks and quit for another job! My back was always sore, and my knees too.

had my own biz

did this for several years.long hours to make ends meet.because of the heat and the tiredness from working i would stop at the dollar tree 4 times a day and grab me a quart of 2%milk.i drank a gallon a day.reason is when your heat exhausted and the thought of food sickins you -ice cold milk fixes it.it did
for me.then i would go to the gym and workout[flexible hours]2 hours.if i werent tired id get it done in one.then have a heavey meal at night of nutrients.its hard to eat food when your sweatin your ass off to the point of nausia.
in your current situation i would say keep alot of whey and water on hand.dont know what else to tell ya but good luck keepin the weight on.

I own my own masonry company and can relate.Ive always done this kinda work.Last summer put in 80hrs. week for 9months. hardly worked out.What works for me is to pick 2 days to go in the gym and hit it hard.u cant do 5-6days anymore and grow dont care what anyone says unless ur a freak.Do upper body then lower body.that way u get ur whole body in 1-2x week.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws