over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Those of us that take pride in our cell phone choice.[Eyeing Galaxy Note 3]

Not even sure what straight talk is? However, I'm really becoming 100% convinced I should keep unlimited data.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

U can buy it in Walmart. It's unlimited service and unlimited data for $48 a month and no contract.

Fuck off? I make posts that get views and drum up plenty of good conversation. Maybe you would approve if I went to Emeric's thread and posted 1,327 questions about every little trivial thing..
Besides, I only get on people post whoring their way to 50 or just bringing zero substance with their rapid fire postings.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Calm down bro don't get your panties in a bunch. Just having a little fun :p

U can buy it in Walmart. It's unlimited service and unlimited data for $48 a month and no contract.

Tell me more. What's the catch? Why doesn't everyone do this? Surely there has to be some drawback to this over a contract? Does the service suffer at all? Verizon seems to be the most expensive, but usually the BEST service available...and you're telling me I can get unlimited EVERYTHING for $48? Sounds like there has to be a catch..

Calm down bro don't get your panties in a bunch. Just having a little fun :p

Ok bro.

BUMP.

AShop? :confused:

Tell me more. What's the catch? Why doesn't everyone do this? Surely there has to be some drawback to this over a contract? Does the service suffer at all? Verizon seems to be the most expensive, but usually the BEST service available...and you're telling me I can get unlimited EVERYTHING for $48? Sounds like there has to be a catch..

Ok bro.

The catch is that you don't get discounts on subsidized phones. It typically works out to be significantly cheaper over the typical 2 year term of most cell phone contracts but there's a higher upfront cost. A new off-contract phone will typically run $500+ versus $100-$200 if you commit to 2 year contract. I've been on prepaid for 2 years and will never go back to a contract.

I am kind of on the same boat but I've been loyal to iPhones since the beginning and have never lost money on one as I sell the old one when I upgrade. My eyes are getting worse as I age though and I really liked the Note 3. I will however wait to see what the iPhone 6 has to offer and go from there.

I'm completely with you on that one! Rumor is that the I-phone 6 is supposed to be much larger to compete with the galaxy. I also prefer the I-phone because it's extremely simple to use and I'm easily confused.

Never a fan of Samsung's crappy Touchwiz interface that is always a bit laggy and none fluid. If you want a phone on the current market i would look at the LG G2, leaps and bounds to what's out there now and hardware that won't be outdated in 6 months. Or if you can wait 3-4 months google the HTC M8 or see what LG puts out to top the G2 device. That's what i'm doing anyways. Never considered the Note 3 being a "smart phone" or remotely close to a "cell phone." More in the phablet territory and could never imagine carrying that thing in my jean pocket all day. Everyone's different though so worth at least looking in person and playing with different phones and see which you feel is better for you and your needs.

I like my note 2.. It has a huge screen and very clear. The only thing is that I have sprint (oops no source posting) and they really suck where I live. There's been times it roams at my house. And thats when I had to call unemployment 400 times a day. Oh and I lost my S pen for it. But thats a $15 fix. Hopefully I'll be changing service soon.

Omg. I can't believe you still have that nightmare of a phone. I had it for the 2 year contract years ago and I was about to kill myself. Since then, I've had an iPhone 5 and now the Galaxy s3. Which I got for free on black Friday. I tell you, switch now and switch to the latest. You will see a world of a difference and comfort. I love my phone. Sold that pos DROID x for 20 bucks

BTW, I kept my unlimited data plan twice! First I used someone else's upgrade and told them to put their phone on my line. And the next time, I transferred my upgrade to a family member, got the Galaxy s4and activated it on my line lol.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Im all about the galaxy series. I've had a Note 1&2 and loved it. I switch over to Sprint and got a galaxy Mega , I call it a baby tablet! Anyway, the Mega is bigger but, it's terrible. From what I read, the Mega has a dual processor vs the Note 2& 3 that has a quad core.

Omg. I can't believe you still have that nightmare of a phone. I had it for the 2 year contract years ago and I was about to kill myself. Since then, I've had an iPhone 5 and now the Galaxy s3. Which I got for free on black Friday. I tell you, switch now and switch to the latest. You will see a world of a difference and comfort. I love my phone. Sold that pos DROID x for 20 bucks

BTW, I kept my unlimited data plan twice! First I used someone else's upgrade and told them to put their phone on my line. And the next time, I transferred my upgrade to a family member, got the Galaxy s4and activated it on my line lol.

The Droid X has stayed functional.....somewhat reliable..but it really is garbage the last 2 yrs. Turning off randomly....major lag....just stupid shit. Bro....wait? I can transfer my upgrade to a family member by adding a line?(I do not have a family plan.) Then they get it at the discounted price? How do I get it over to me after that and pull it off?

Personally I am partial to the iphone5, but probably for a different reason than most. My car has GM's new My Link radio that does NOT come with a CD player, but does have a USB port in the center console. So I have my CD collection on itunes on my phone and have it plugged into the USB whenever I am in the car. I spend a couple of hours a day in the car so the simplicity of it all makes it worthwhile for me.

Also, in terms of carriers, I have used Verizon for years. Although it may vary by region, where I live it is by far the most reliable. I spent years with other carriers, AT&T, Cingular, T-mobile, etc... and just got sick of not being able to use the phone because there was no service.

The note 3 is definitly a good choice, it's very fast and even if you use it all the time you need to recharge it for like 2 hours every 2 days. You will get used to the bigger screen in a matter of days.

The only downside for me is that my first galaxy note 3 broke down in 6 days (wouldnt charge or connect to the computer anymore). After that i got a new one which broke down after 10 days or so (touchscreen started freaking out).
Anyone else heard of stories like this?

Knight,
AT&T here. I have 4 phones with them. Two still have the unlimited data. When I upgrade as long as its still an iPhone the data package stays the same.

The two that do not have unlimited
Are a pain in the ass. I always get emails an texts saying there over or about to go over.

The 30$ upgrade I have always been able to get them to take that off.
Ill buy the phone at Walmart or best buy ( with 2 yr upgrade pricing)
Then call AT&T and tell them I am not to happy about a 30 fee, they'll drop it.

Not sure how Verizon works but if upgrading to a new version of the same phone.... You should be able to keep your unlimited data.
They just try like crazy to get you off that an into a data package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I have found I you talk to the disconnection department, they are much nicer and can get a lot more done then the sales reps or regular customer service. There often rude and could give a shit less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, there should be no reason why your plan has to change and it should be grandfathered in. I'm with Verizon as well and pitched a fit about the $35 fee and asked what's the point of being a loyal customer and they looked at me like I had 6 heads. I said I've had Verizon for 7 years and you're gna charge me the same fee as the new guy and well yeah they still did lol.

Any whose, I went from an iPhone 4 to GS4 and love it! Crisper, larger screen and I had the ability to add an SD card and have the additional storage. Note 3 was just a little too big going from the iPhone but in cld see myself going with it next since I'm used to the size of the S4.

Forgot to mention I had an upgrade and got the S4 for free on black Friday through Best Buy woot woot!!!

I have been a Verizon customer for a very long time...and had this damned Droid X(which deep down I love for lasting me so long) for 3.5 yrs. It's a Motorola and built from metal(not plastic) so it has withstood the rigors of being dropped hundreds of times and everything else phones get exposed to. In the last several days, it has been rendered almost inoperable.. It freezes, reboots, and turns off 75% of the time when a button is pushed. It will also enter a seemingly endless boot loop where it keeps booting up and re booting but doesn't actually turn on. This continuous boot has lasted upwards of 12-15hrs a couple times.

However, even when times seemed grim....this damn phone will turn on right when Im ready to spike it on the pavement. However, I'm afraid to use it much or push the buttons on the bottom because it may freeze again.

Anyways, I have my mind set on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3...
Even being a longtime Verizon customer its 299.99 with a new 2 yr contract. And what the hell is this $30 upgrade fee. For the love of fuck....I STILL HAVE AN OLD PLAN WITH UNLIMITED DATA...

So not only do they want 299.99 and a 2 yr commitment, but a $30 upgrade fee, a NEW PLAN that is slightly more expensive and LIMITS my data use(2gb). I'm starting to wonder what are the perks of being a customer again?

Add to that I can go on Amazon.com and get it for 249.99. But if I wasn't a Verizon customer it has been listed between 139.99 and 199.99. I just dont get it. I'd figure staying with a company and showing loyalty would get you more?

Anyways, sorry for the rant...just looking for some insight. I'd love to keep my current plan, but I'm not even sure if I can buy the phone outright for $699 and keep the plan. What phones do you guys have? Im not simply asking you to list the cell phone you have- but if you really are into this stuff and researched it and really went after the one you want- I'd like to know which you picked and why. Also your opinions on the above rant, and lastly the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Thanks bros!

Have you looked at T-Mobile? $70 a month for Unlimited talk + unlimited text + unlimited high speed data.

I just got the HTC One which has been dubbed the "iPhone killer". This is the best phone I have had yet and the camera pics are insanely incredible.

Check out the review by AnandTech:

AnandTech | The HTC One Review

Have you looked at T-Mobile? $70 a month for Unlimited talk + unlimited text + unlimited high speed data.

I just got the HTC One which has been dubbed the "iPhone killer". This is the best phone I have had yet and the camera pics are insanely incredible.

I'm looking forward to the One's successor coming out by March this year. Hopefully gets that snapdragon 805 chip and the 3000mah battery the original One should have came with.

There's really no debate that Verizon and At&t are at the top of the food chain as far as coverage. T-Mobile is not in the same realm, unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131