over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T what do you guys think of a LSX 454 short block for a 2011 camaro ls1

It'll hurt the flow. If you are running 15lbs of boost in a full header, full 3" exhaust you are unrestricted. If you had cats in it it would restrict the flow and then boost would increase say to 18-20lbs. That's harder on things. High hp motors love to flow freely, unrestricted

then when you run race gas that will blow your cats apart and will wreck havoc on your engine.. you really need to study up more or your going to find your self with a 80k roller

When you get to that level they help out quite a bit bud. But they aren't as critical as NA motors. They don't require as much lift but a good blower can will help you out quite a bit. Lingenfelter has a really good one, the gt-2-3 I think is the one. What I'm running

If i was doing a fresh build then yeah but the cost for me isnt worth removing my heads and retuning my car. It all ready cost me allmost 1500 to tune my car because i have to trailor the damn thing across the state. I am very picky who touches my car.

Yeah that's true. You are dohc, they are a pain.

Have you ever looked into tuning software? That's what I have now. Hptuners. Hook it up to a computer and your wide band. Data log and can completely tune everything on the car. May be a good choice for you. Becomes a hobby

Yeah that's true. You are dohc, they are a pain.

Have you ever looked into tuning software? That's what I have now. Hptuners. Hook it up to a computer and your wide band. Data log and can completely tune everything on the car. May be a good choice for you. Becomes a hobby

we do that for our drivability part of the tune, and we have done it before. My brother n law has all the stuff to do it, but its just hard to do a bunch of WOT runs lol in the city.

Curious Ripped what wideband do you have?

thats how i blew up my first block lol doing a WOT on the highway while tuning. Had Amazon do the tuning and i was finishing it. He made it way to aggressive

yeah, but how many clutches have you gone through to support that power. Also probably only 1% of people in the US can even handle a 1400hp car with a stick so my props go off to you brotha.

If your constantly drag racing your going to melt these clutches and its just gets pricey and if your money racing why risk missing a gear on $$$. Thats why I say build his camaro 750 hp keep it a street car and then build a monster consistant car.

I run South Bend clutches that last me a pretty long time. I don't always run on slicks(I like the pro-touring look), so I am not always getting perfect traction, so it definitely adds life to them. Makes your leg fall asleep in traffic though with the damn triple disc.
When its got 15" wheels with a tall slick it is a damn beast though and hard as hell to drive.

I also wouldnt be bragging about drag racing a 1600hp car only running 8.9.. Its impressive but there are 900 cars running that time all day. Also all the supras are making their power with a TT, much of my arguement is that procharger will not make the power.

In defense of the GTR, it is a heavy AWD pig and it was only running on 18's. That mph time is damn good. The ET will get better when they run 15's.

If you read somewhere in the thread I saw the nationals it was a 3 day event at englishtown .there were car running 4 second 1/4 mole like it was easy.
SMS cars had over 8000 rwhp but the winner got 2 million.
Ill never be in that league .
when there's a race there's different categories so they wouldn't place me with 4 second cars,must likely 8-9 second cars.they check everything to make sure your racing the right people

If you read somewhere in the thread I saw the nationals it was a 3 day event at englishtown .there were car running 4 second 1/4 mole like it was easy.
SMS cars had over 8000 rwhp but the winner got 2 million.
Ill never be in that league .
when there's a race there's different categories so they wouldn't place me with 4 second cars,must likely 8-9 second cars.they check everything to make sure your racing the right people

you need to look at the regulations as well for those cars as well if your running in the 8 second bracket you can only have so much done to your car. Our turbo car use to be in that bracket and he was restricted by the size his inlet can be on his turbo and a few other things. So make sure you study all the rules before you build your car or you might find your self not able to race competively.

Any helmet that is Snell approved is fine and any certified fire suit and shoes are fine. You will need a parachut and a batter disconnect as well

I run South Bend clutches that last me a pretty long time. I don't always run on slicks(I like the pro-touring look), so I am not always getting perfect traction, so it definitely adds life to them. Makes your leg fall asleep in traffic though with the damn triple disc.
When its got 15" wheels with a tall slick it is a damn beast though and hard as hell to drive.

In defense of the GTR, it is a heavy AWD pig and it was only running on 18's. That mph time is damn good. The ET will get better when they run 15's.

The GTR is a nice car but just in a completely differnt category, its like comparing a lambo to a drag car. The GTR will smoke my car on a actual drag but in a drag race I will pull tons of cars on it. I raced a 1000hp GTR when my car made 615 and worked it, I also was running slicks and skinnys and he was on 20's... If we had to turn good luck for me, my car goes one direction and thats straight.

Can anybody recommend a good helmet for the racetrack that's not to expensive

At the levels of HP you want, and the weight of your car, Your safety should be where most your money is spent! Why get all that shit if you can't put it down. Spend the money on a full cage, you'll be required to have it. 10K+, your helmet? 300-400 Easily

i dont get it... why a CHEAP HELMET???? you spend all the doe to go fast and want inexspensive equipment to protect ur noggin??!??! dammmmmmmm lololool

In drag racing ever ounce counts. Get a carbon fiber helmet that is sa2010. Simpson makes some good ones for around 800-1000$ that is a good price.

In drag racing ever ounce counts. Get a carbon fiber helmet that is sa2010. Simpson makes some good ones for around 800-1000$ that is a good price.

I always wondered about how much difference the weight of the driver would make in a race. I guess a small 5 foot woman would be great, kinda like how jockeys need to be small.

every 100lbs is close to a .10 of a second. and that is about 1 car length..

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BigKev6153
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws