over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oats as my main carb source.

I don't know how you can stand eating only oats. Especially raw oats. The bloat keeps me from putting food down for hours and hours. Rice and potatoes is the only thing that allows me to eat consistently.

I could never eat oats all day like that. If I eat more than a cup not only do I feel like a bloated mess It makes me sleeply all day.

I could never eat oats all day like that. If I eat more than a cup not only do I feel like a bloated mess It makes me sleeply all day.

At first I'm the same way, but my belly adjusts after a few weeks.

Rice for me, or fruit. I can't do oats at all because of the bloat...and they seem to cause some overall inflammation for me.

I don't think anyone who's been in the game long enough will deny that good ole WHITE RICE is virtually an unbeatable source of starch. Most long grain is high in amylose too so it's moderate GI and very glycogen promoting.

There is NO gluten in oats. Gluten is a wheat protein, therefore only wheat or things made with wheat will contain gluten.

If oats make you bloated and tired, it's an immune response. Oats, like wheat, contain plant proteins that can irritate the gut, which can lead to systemic inflammation.

Avenin is the main one in oats.

I don't think anyone who's been in the game long enough will deny that good ole WHITE RICE is virtually an unbeatable source of starch. Most long grain is high in amylose too so it's moderate GI and very glycogen promoting.

If oats make you bloated and tired, it's an immune response. Oats, like wheat, contain plant proteins that can irritate the gut, which can lead to systemic inflammation.

Avenin is the main one in oats.

Love me some cream o rice...

I used Oatmeal as my carb source preparing for a contest a while back.
It worked out well even for carb loading, no bloat, it's the only contest/ time I managed to carb load/peak/water manipulate corectly .
I was a teen and natural back then and won my class :).
I feel i digest it better then Rice . For most it's the other way around

Last edited:
Oats are my main carb source most of the time only because they are the most convenient. I just blend a cup of uncooked oats in water in my magic bullet and chug it. Takes 30 seconds to prepare and drink

Oats are my main carb source most of the time only because they are the most convenient. I just blend a cup of uncooked oats in water in my magic bullet and chug it. Takes 30 seconds to prepare and drink

How many cups a day you puttin' down???..... I LOVES me some oats but afraid of having too much.. (if getting lean is the objective)

Personally I love oats but like I mentioned, the leaner I get...the more i notice the bloating.

Plain ole jasmine white rice is my go to...once in awhile I'll work in some potatoes and/or Ezekiel bread but i literally NEVER get tired of rice. I digest it fine and all you need is a cheap rice cooker.

super cheap too. to the OP, there is no need for you to spend the extra $$$ on organic rice ..:rolleyes:

My current fav meal and I am having it twice daily (morning and pre bed) is a massive bowl of oats, banana and sultanas. I mix half water and milk and microwave for 3 mins (only time I use the microwave). Then once it's done I add 1 scoop of peanut butter cookie dough protein powder :)

How many cups a day you puttin' down???..... I LOVES me some oats but afraid of having too much.. (if getting lean is the objective)

I'll have 1 cup blended uncooked pre workout and another one post-post workout (90 minutes after post workout protein/carb shake). Then I might have one more at some point during the day but not always. Trying not to eat too many carbs at the moment.

I think you'd have to eat a whole lot of oats to gain fat. Unless you decorated them with a bunch of butter and sugar.

I use oats as my main carb source. 1 cup in meal 1, and 1 cup in meal 2. I think its working fine for me

Attachments

• 20130528_130153.jpg
    20130528_130153.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 276
  • Quad, June, 2013.jpg
    Quad, June, 2013.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 282
I use oats as my main carb source. 1 cup in meal 1, and 1 cup in meal 2. I think its working fine for me

I'm just going to do a little mix and matching i will still be using swedish oat starch as my carb source for my carb shakes, and i will still have 1 steel cut oat meal than i'm thinking 2-3 meals with long grain basmati, well see how it goes! I just wish there was a way to not be so hungry i can easily eat 10oz of clean meat and 100g of carbs and 15 grams of clean fats every 2 hours 8 times if i wanted but i'm way to small for those amounts as i'm just under 200lbs , and i don't want to get super fat even though im bulking.. sucks to always be hungry and not be dieting ><

Since your on a budget, you could still do oats, but also add white rice and potatos. Just make sure you scrub the dirt off the potato and cook it at a high enough temp. Eat the skin which has fiber in it.

There is NO gluten in oats. Gluten is a wheat protein, therefore only wheat or things made with wheat will contain gluten.

But it does have avenin (sp?) which is a protein very similar to gluten and causes the same issues.

I would highly recommend at least trying cutting out all oats/gluten foods and seeing how you feel after two weeks.

You may not notice at first bc you gradually feel better but when you go back to eating oats you'll realize how shitty you felt before (possibly).

Love me some cream o rice...

me too. I need to look for a company online that sells some kind of bulk hot rice cereal or something. Those little 3-4$ 2.5 serving orange boxes are just cuttin it...

me too. I need to look for a company online that sells some kind of bulk hot rice cereal or something. Those little 3-4$ 2.5 serving orange boxes are just cuttin it...

You could try buying regular white rice and blending it into a powder.

I agree with everyone saying rice. It's so easy to digest and just pure carb really. It actually seems to dry me out and tighten me up. My only carb sources are white rice, mixed veg and a few bananas in my morning or pay workout shake. The only thing that ever changes in my diet is amount of rice and banana depending on goals. . Always 1kg of mixed veg, and protein and fats remain consistent

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner