over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin to carb ratio

aHarness

Registered
Newbies
Curious if there is a downside to going over the amount of carbs needed to not go hypo, assuming one is still within their dietary needs?

If someone’s carb total for day is 800, and they decided to have say 300g carbs preworkout with only 10 units of insulin, is there any issue with this?

Why not just use a ratio and dose your insulin to your carbs instead of eating carbs based on your insulin dose?

Way way less likely to have issues or get fat doing it that way.

Like 1iu for every 20g carbs.

1:10 ratio and you're safe
300 grams of carbs is a lot (375 grams of rice is practically a whole pot).
in any case with 30 iu of fast insulin you shouldn't have any particular problems if you are not so sensitive to going hypo.
maybe get there step by step
10 iu is a very conservative dose, but still a starting point

I'm new to insulin as well. So if your intra shake is 50 carbs would you do 5ius of slin? I know you want the insulin to match the carbs you already eat, not to adjust your food to match the units you are injecting.

Why not just use a ratio and dose your insulin to your carbs instead of eating carbs based on your insulin dose?

Way way less likely to have issues or get fat doing it that way.

Like 1iu for every 20g carbs.
I’m not dosing my carbs to my insulin, I’m not sure you are understanding my post or perhaps I didn’t give enough detail.

I’m not dosing my carbs to my insulin, I’m not sure you are understanding my post or perhaps I didn’t give enough detail.
No, I'm not referring to your post. I was asking that question in general man regarding insulin use.

Curious if there is a downside to going over the amount of carbs needed to not go hypo, assuming one is still within their dietary needs?

If someone’s carb total for day is 800, and they decided to have say 300g carbs preworkout with only 10 units of insulin, is there any issue with this?
Nope , you will just not have as much nutrien partitioning effects and your blood glucose will be higher for longer than if your dosed your insulin at 1iu per 10g carbs

One thing you might run into though is if you at 300g carbs and then took 10 Novolin-R pre work is the active life of the insulin is about 5 hrs so if your don’t consume more carbs later then you could potentially end up with a low blood sugar event.
you need to spread the carb inta out over the active life of the insulin

You normally eat 300 grams of carbs in one sitting before going to the gym?

You normally eat 300 grams of carbs in one sitting before going to the gym?
Yeah, I have a very hectic job at the moment (on my feet all day, and end up requiring a lot of food too), so have to break it down into 4 meals and an intra.

1:10 ratio and you're safe
300 grams of carbs is a lot (375 grams of rice is practically a whole pot).
in any case with 30 iu of fast insulin you shouldn't have any particular problems if you are not so sensitive to going hypo.
maybe get there step by step
10 iu is a very conservative dose, but still a starting point
Thanks. I’ll start at 10 and just up it every few days or so while assessing BG and find that sweet spot.

Yeah, I have a very hectic job at the moment (on my feet all day, and end up requiring a lot of food too), so have to break it down into 4 meals and an intra.
IMO that’s an insane amount of carbs in one meal. I personally would absolutely need Slin - no way my pancreas could keep up with that.

How long have you been doing this? When’s the last time you got blood work done to see your fasted BG and A1C?

Get a blood glucose meter.

IMO that’s an insane amount of carbs in one meal. I personally would absolutely need Slin - no way my pancreas could keep up with that.

How long have you been doing this? When’s the last time you got blood work done to see your fasted BG and A1C?
Last A1c was 5.2. I assume my high higher activity levels help keep me more sensitive. I am also eating less frequently, since I’m only eating 4x a day.

I own one

I think Petsy is saying you should use one.

So if your preworkout meal is 300g of carbs and you have 3 other meals per day you must be eating 1200-1500g of carbs a day. You must be a monster!!!

I think Petsy is saying you should use one.

So if your preworkout meal is 300g of carbs and you have 3 other meals per day you must be eating 1200-1500g of carbs a day. You must be a monster!!!
Not a monster unfortunately, just on my feet all day. 300g carbs pre 300g post, 150g M1 and 150g last meal, 50g intra. This is for training days of course.

But indeed I do own one and check my morning fasted blood glucose! It is the most expensive Walmart brand one, not sure if I should get something better.

Curious, how much protein and fats you eat a day?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131