over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Offseason Fat Boy Pics!!

I assumed from recent discussion a big component of the Shelby/MD method... at least with hypertrophy is to stay lean (not saying you're fat lol) and keep insulin sensitivity high to maximize gains...

As shelby says it's about individual metabolisms. Guys like flex who have good metabolisms tend to have good insulin sensitivity that holds even when bulking heavy. I'm the same. I love the idea of lean gaining but it's very slow progress with a fast metabolism and your metabolism just seems to speed up with the minor food increments. You look at flex year on year progress id day he's doing the right thing to do best in shows which seems to be his main aim.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Flex I really hope you do a log when you start cutting when ever that is. When do you plan to compete? You going to keep bulking until pre contest diet?

How's the Mrs. like the husky Flex compared to the ripped up Flex? Mine claims to like me somewhere in between.

LOL...she says she likes both, but I have a hard time believing that this look is anywhere near as sexy as 6-8 weeks out from a show. But there's a balance...too close to the show she says I look "gross". :D

some really great progress throughout the years. you are really dedicated and I hope you reap the dividends of all your hard work, bro.

Thanks Bro!

You have really made some good progress and I think you will make it near the top of the heavyweight class.

I'm giving this offseason everything I've got. We'll see what happens.

Holy offseason batman! I'm interested to see what you bring when all that gets shed. Kill it!

Thanks!

That's some serious mass right their!!!
Stack it on and hold it for a while , you are gonna be beastly next season bother:headbang:

Thanks Gunsmith! We're going to stay in the mid 250s for a while and "get me comfortable" there, then make another push.

Continual progress man, I love it. You never stop improving.

Funny you mention 5-6000 cals and 255-260 in weight. I am also at those same exact numbers (although I'm a lot taller at 6'1...). I hit 260 for the first time in my life just today.

How's your hunger? Eating 5500 cals of clean food for me is hell, but I seem to manage... It sure isnt comfortable though, thats for damn sure!

I also have the same short term goal, to compete at the top of the heavies! One last time before supers... Couldnt help but notice all of the similarities.

Keep getting it man, cant wait to see the 2014 package you bring.

That's always the goal - continuous progress. Your new pics look great man, you've come a long way toward filling out that frame.

Hey man, looking real good again, this has got to be the heaviest you have been by a long shot right? real tight still for the weight you are at man. Great progress :)

Thanks man. This is the biggest I've ever been by 15-20 pounds.

Upper end of heavyweights would at 5 7 would be incredible. You look good bro, I have a rapid metabolism as well and I've noticed some of my best gains in getting soft in the offseason. Plus if you're old lady can cook (like mine loves to) it makes that offseason a hell of a lot more fun! Keep up the good work!

She's prepping for the Olympia, no way in hell she's cooking for me! I actually cook for her sometimes to make things easier for her.

HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!! I remember seeing some pics of you 2 or 3 years ago and I believe you were prepping for a show. You were much smaller, and close to contest shape. I cant wait to see you peel down and see how much bigger you are in show shape. awesome bro

Thanks! It's good to have you back at ProMuscle!

Are you doing any cardio during the offseason? If so how much?

No cardio at all right now.

As shelby says it's about individual metabolisms. Guys like flex who have good metabolisms tend to have good insulin sensitivity that holds even when bulking heavy. I'm the same. I love the idea of lean gaining but it's very slow progress with a fast metabolism and your metabolism just seems to speed up with the minor food increments. You look at flex year on year progress id day he's doing the right thing to do best in shows which seems to be his main aim.

Exactly...I don't care about having perfect abs all year round, and I don't care about being the ripped guy at the beach. For me, at least for now, this is about being the best bodybuilder that I can be ON STAGE. This type of offseason work has always worked well for me and I will continue to do it as long as I have large improvements to make.

Flex I really hope you do a log when you start cutting when ever that is. When do you plan to compete? You going to keep bulking until pre contest diet?

I'm going to keep bulking until Shelby tells me otherwise. No show plans in the works yet. I have a couple of ideas for next Spring/Summer but I need to see how the next few months go, and talk some things over with Shelby. I will very likely be running a log though.

honestly, i dont think you have more muscle than when you competed 10months ago. i hope along with the higher calorie intake you push more drugs as well, otherwise you are not going anywhere. but from what i see you use less and it is visible. dont take this personally, just my opinion from what i see.

Thank you for your expertise on this matter. It's nice to see that there are others here that know my body even better than Shelby or I do.

Thank you for your expertise on this matter. It's nice to see that there are others here that know my body even better than Shelby or I do.

Last few years of stage weight increase must have been pure fluke then:eek:

How's the Mrs. like the husky Flex compared to the ripped up Flex? Mine claims to like me somewhere in between.

I like him best like this! The bigger the better!! :)

LOL...she says she likes both, but I have a hard time believing that this look is anywhere near as sexy as 6-8 weeks out from a show. But there's a balance...too close to the show she says I look "gross". :

I hope you ladies tell the truth when this is said lol !! Nicole says the same thing about me in the off-season and I get moon face cheeks .. :mad:

It's awfully sweet of them to lie to us while our fragile egos are at their most vulnerable.

"No, honey, really... I love how your chin jiggles when you laugh and 6 inches of your crack shows every time you lean forward."

Looking thick man!! Offseason eating is the best

The consistent progress is awesome. You and Shelby know how to get shit done. Keep pushing it man

honestly, i dont think you have more muscle than when you competed 10months ago. i hope along with the higher calorie intake you push more drugs as well, otherwise you are not going anywhere. but from what i see you use less and it is visible. dont take this personally, just my opinion from what i see.

You have no idea what he is taking. Watch and learn.
There are many ways to go about it. I like what he is doing here and Have no doubt he will come in better then he ever has been.
The dedication in Flex shows! Off season and Contest time.

Looking solid to me....plus the steady progress is the proof in the pudding. Yes you are carrying some fat, but not sloppy at all. 29lbs of stage weight in 2 years is NO JOKE! Good luck

Big gains from when we met a couple years ago at Golds (powerhouse now).

You come to Powerhouse to train much? I see the misses there a few times a week.

Last edited:
Big gains from when we met a couple years ago at Golds (powerhouse now).

You come to Powerhouse to train much? I see the misses there a few times a week.

Unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow much time for me to train there. If it weren't a 25 minute drive I'd be there a lot more.

I hope you ladies tell the truth when this is said lol !! Nicole says the same thing about me in the off-season and I get moon face cheeks .. :mad:

Had this same convo with my lady today and she said she likes me bigger/thicker as well.

I don't know if I buy it but it's sure nice of them to say. lol

You're looking sick flex! If things go as planned think you'll step on a jr. natl or national level stage next year?

You're looking sick flex! If things go as planned think you'll step on a jr. natl or national level stage next year?

Thank you bro! I'm waiting until after the Olympia to really come up with a plan, but I would love to head to Jr Nats next year. I need to talk to Shelby and see if he thinks it's the right thing to do. He already shot down my idea to complete this fall lol.

Thank you bro! I'm waiting until after the Olympia to really come up with a plan, but I would love to head to Jr Nats next year. I need to talk to Shelby and see if he thinks it's the right thing to do. He already shot down my idea to complete this fall lol.

That is the beautiful thing about Shelby ---Flex He tells ya like it is:headbang: Making some good progress bro keep up the good work.

Wow 29lbs of contest weight in 2 years is a lot of weight. Congrats on the amazing progress bro! 5' 7“ and 255...would hate to get into a fight with lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311