over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT - Glock 26 .40 caliper

I called him and your are right that's what he had was the Beretta you were referring to. Along with 1911 that were my grandfathers from the war that he obtained when he passed away and he has a few colt .40 as well and 380. 10mm he says was from some company he said he forgot the name of, but said it was Imported. Everything else he has is revolvers. I guess he says he not into handguns the past few year so doesn't know what current becaus eall his handguns are more than 5 years old. He says get a 40 over a 9. He into shotguns now.

I read about the 228 vs 229. Reviews say 228 was just a little lighter, 229 little stronger(more options) 357 option I guess, but alt of people are split 50/50 which they like. What do you think of the DAK Version.

I think the 228 is too small for the 357sig, the 229 in 357sig is an awesome combination of firepower in a compact sized weapon. The 2 things I like/dislike about a sig/glock pistol in 357sig is that they're loud as hell, i mean LOUD. They also have a shitpot of muzzle flash. There's no way I can keep a good sight picture rapid firing a glock 31c. There's a serious amount of flash, up to you if that's a good or bad thing!
Any semi auto with a double action only pistol is really a revolver isn't it? I think dao pistols are placating lawsuits/lawyers. Sig for example is know for really nice sa/da triggers. Sig is playing to the litigation some dept's are worried about with sa/da duty weapons and are trying to bite into some of glocks market share with the dak trigger design.
Stick with the sa or sa/da trigger in any semi and especially sigs.

FTD, I carry an hk p7m13 on a daily basis. I'm definitely an hk person too.

The 357 Sig round is a very good round for self defense when hollow point bullets mus be carried reather than a pre-frag ,the 357 Sig was desgined to duplicate the old 125gr 357 mag JHP load when is still rated as one of the best man stoppers available. Again this is due to a light bullet and very high velocity causeing very rapid deposit of energy , the bullet almost always breaks up and rarely exits intact leaving all its energy in the target. The 357 Sig is a high pressure round which is slightly overbore for the case , the powder isin't burned as effeceintly in the smaller bore allowing some of it to be burned outside the barrel resulting in the nasty muzzle flash and its loud report

Again any of the common pistol rounds will be an effective man stopper providing the correct bullets are used.

Springfield XD....any one of their models

Since shooting those pistols, I am no longer a Glock fan. You get the best of both the Glock and 1911 in one weapon.

+1 I love the XD .45 ACP comes in a variety of frame sizes and barrel sizes for easy concealment

also comes in 9mm - .40 - and .45 - .45 ACP

The 357 Sig round is a very good round for self defense when hollow point bullets mus be carried reather than a pre-frag ,the 357 Sig was desgined to duplicate the old 125gr 357 mag JHP load when is still rated as one of the best man stoppers available. Again this is due to a light bullet and very high velocity causeing very rapid deposit of energy , the bullet almost always breaks up and rarely exits intact leaving all its energy in the target. The 357 Sig is a high pressure round which is slightly overbore for the case , the powder isin't burned as effeceintly in the smaller bore allowing some of it to be burned outside the barrel resulting in the nasty muzzle flash and its loud report

Again any of the common pistol rounds will be an effective man stopper providing the correct bullets are used.
LOL! It sure is a hell of a report isn't it? You'd think it was desert eagle 50 with that muzzle blast. But just like you said, the 357 magnum JHP is the reference standard for stopping power. And thats a lot of velocity for a small 357sig round. For self defense (vs. combat tactical) I care less about the noise and flash personally.

I like the glocks myself and the H&K's and CZ's are every bit as good seriously and you can't go wrong with the 1911 either. These are all good, good weapons. I'm just so used to the grip and pull on my glock that I wouldn't be nearly as confident with anything else in my hand. It's all just a matter of taste and comfort IMO. For the OP of this thread, not a person on earth can say a harsh word towards you for carrying any one of weapons mentioned above.

my personal carry pieces are:

springfield compact v10( commander size 8rd 45)
springfield xd micro 9mm
para ordinance p10 done up by cylinder n slide done to HRT specs
s/w airweight 38 with +p+ corbon
i also carry the glock sub compact 10mm, i forget the model number

these are my day to day carry options
i have a para p13 HRT in the truck with 4 backup mags

45, 40, 38, 10mm and 9mm are my calibers of choice. 45 mostly

frk

I'm thinking about buying a kel-tech cause I like the way they feel, they are light and cheap.

I love to carry a kel teck...when you carry all day its nice not having the gun pull on your pants. but i hate target shooting with it. after a few mags your hand is on fire. I traded the kel-tec for a ruger .380 for a back up pistol. (BTW i do bodygaurd work im not LE)

im lookihng at buy my first handgun most likely leaning towards the 9mm glock..or a springfield.

Cant go wrong with a Glock. There are alot of Naysayers out there but glocks can take a serious beating and still be trusted to fire everytime.
I have had my CCW for 3 years now. I have never had to use it but its good to have just in case! good luck

Cant go wrong with a Glock. There are alot of Naysayers out there but glocks can take a serious beating and still be trusted to fire everytime.
I have had my CCW for 3 years now. I have never had to use it but its good to have just in case! good luck

i keep hearing how low maintenance the glock is and for a first time gun owner i think it would be a great choice for me. right when my tax return money comes in..im off to the gun shop yadig :D

I've posted this before. My everyday carry. .357 sig XD sub compact. It's my favorite round in a pistol. I snapped a fiew for your viewing pleasure....well more like for my pleasure.:D I love this weapon.

Attachments

• sig.jpg
    sig.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 134
I believe everyone needs to shoot their home defense rounds a couple times a year. They don't fire like range brass thats for sure. I pray nobody ever has to get hit with one of these.

Attachments

• HP.jpg
    HP.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 130
Glock for a 1st gun??? Not a gun expert but those don't have safety locks do they? For that reason alone it probably wouldn't be a first gun for someone inexperienced.

you are the safety , the gun can not fire unless your put your finger on the trigger , if your not responsible enough to keep your finger off the trigger untill its time to pull it then your not responsible enough to be holding a gun anyway.

no matter how many safety fetures a gun has if the shooter is not responsible enough to to maintain proper weapon safety then their is the chance for an accident

Not 1st gun for me, been hunting and shooting since i was about 7...

Pretty sure i'm going w/ Springfield XD .40, buying it this am:)

im into hunting and shooting and always have been, my advice is get a pistol that fits your hand very well, dont bother with looks. The hottest plastic pieces out are the glock's, the springfield xd's, and the s&w M&p. The m&p comes in 9mm 40 and 357sig i believe. People are starting to really pick up on the M&P because of the changable backstraps which will allow any hand size to be comfortable with the gun. Keep in mind the smaller the gun ex subcompact vs compact will have more muzzle jump which you dont want for quick follow up shots. Ohh And make sure if you do feel threatened that you kill them, otherwise they are more likely to sue you when the heal up!

I shot the best with the M&P, and i rented all of them and shot clips back to back with glock and the XD...and I went into it thinking that i was going to like the XD the best

Glock for a 1st gun??? Not a gun expert but those don't have safety locks do they? For that reason alone it probably wouldn't be a first gun for someone inexperienced.

Glocks are not the ideal guns to shoot at the range all day. I'm not a fan of the trigger and the overall feel. BUT...I will say that a Glock is an excellent 1st time CARRY gun. For someone with very little experience, I believe it's an excellent choice. As Gunsmith pointed out, YOU or the holster are the safety. With this mentality, Glocks are probably one of the safest pistols you can own, and I honestly think that's why most LEO agencies use them.

If a heated moment hits the fan and you have to reach for your sidearm, this is where the Glock truly shines. Once you pull it out of the holster, you don't have to worry about safety levers, slide releases, etc. All you have to do is point and shoot. Where as with a 1911, you have to make sure you drop the safety as you draw. Also, you will be quicker with the Glock because it's lighter than most. Draw & shoot. A beginner may panic with other firearms with safeties, levers, etc.

Picked up an XD-40 2 days ago, and I'm liking it big time. :D Still love my 1911s though!!!

:star-w:rsI just got my AZ Permit, I carry a Glock 26 9mm with ext mag.(12+1) I love it! I have a laser on mine. I don't leave home without it. (I live in Philadelphia) I just got a Sig Sauer HD P238. Not a bad toy!! Shoots a nice tight group at 15 and 25 yards.

Going to get my Concealed Weapons Permit for FL and get a smaller pistol, i have a .357 mag., but it has a 6" barrel and is better suited for a house pistol.

if u get good with the auto, you will NEVER think to go for your revolver at home lol....next purchase...12g for the house.... :)

u MUST go shoot them...they are usually $10 to rent...hold 1 from each manufacturer and pick 3 that are comfortable in your hand...take those 3 and shoot at least 100 rounds out of each...which one did you feel most comfortable with? now think about the purpose of this firearm... there is NO reason to go smaller than 5" full size if your not carrying and its going to be in your truck....if your carrying, your looking at 4" or 3"...now, what kind of clothing do you usually where? if your in florida and in shorts/undershirts, welll a side holster that shows the top of the weapon prob isnt a good idea, something along a smart-carry or similar that goes basically on top of your dick and doesnt show would be better(but a 1911 dovetail and hammer makes this uncomfortable so a glock or similar may be better)... if you wear pants and loose shirts, well a side holster might work better for you there and if your a 1911 lover, this may be for you... do you wear suits and jackets where drawing your weapon is more difficult on your waist, then an underarm holster may be for you....

from experience- you dont give a shit what brand or caliber or finish or any of that when it goes down....like the other few said, you will fall back on how you have trained...

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws