over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT.. Need doctor help question

npcout

Board Supporter
Registered
Board Supporter
So being a cardiac nurse, I have a decent knowledge on blood pressure medications. I have been self medicating myself with a prescription blood pressure med which has done wonders for me controlling my mild high blood pressure.

I know, not the smartest thing to do.. But I did it.

Anyways, I want to go to a doctor and get a legit prescription for it instead of ordering it international.

Can I just go to a new doc.. Tell him I had to switch family physicians due to insurance and say I have been taking this med perscribed by my old doc and it works, can you now prescribe it for me? Or is he going to need documentation from a previous physician?

It's not like a narcotic

That will sometimes work if its for something benign like BP med. However MOST offices will ask who your previous physician was and want them to fax over copies of your records.

How bad will it be to tell them I self medicated? Can that cause insurance issues?

why do you want a legit script when you can get it under the table?

ive been considering getting some int'l BP meds myself in case I ever need them.

why do you want a legit script when you can get it under the table?

ive been considering getting some int'l BP meds myself in case I ever need them.

Is it truly illegal to import a prescription non-narcotic blood pressure medication without a prescription? Like, if I'm found with it, could I get in trouble?

I guess I wanted to be more "legal" but I don't no the laws for it

Is it truly illegal to import a prescription non-narcotic blood pressure medication without a prescription? Like, if I'm found with it, could I get in trouble?

id imagine it'd be similar to importing steroids..

but I guess you have to draw the line somewhere..

my doc wouldn't prescribe me BP medication when mine was 135/83

she said I was 'perfectly fine'..

doctors..

If you have a script you can import about a 90 day supply and customs will generally turn a blind eye to it. Its still technically illegal but as long as its just something like a BP med nothing will happen. I know people who order legit meds from canada, i mean i do it too just because I want to have emergency meds on me for like camping trips and stuff and i dont want to go through US pharmacies. Of course not pain meds or anything like that.

Without a script id probably not do it just because I wouldnt trust a pharmacy giving me a med without a script but thats just me. People will come on an say such n such online pharmacy is legit! But honestly if they dont require a script I dont want to put it in my body.

Maybe I'll tell a new doctor.. I was seeing this Dr. and he retired and closed his private practice. Before closing, I got s new prescription with 3 refills. I am now almost out and I need to find a new physician to continue care with.

If they ask me to fax records, I'll say they closed as he retired? I'll tell him I've been on this med for some time now and it has been working.

Does that seem legit?

Why not just go to a new Dr. "Hey, i've previously taken "X" it helped lower my bp and hypertension runs in my family. I'm trying to be proactive instead of reactive. As a nurse, im surprised you cant just get a referral. Mention you are a nurse, your job is stressful and raises your bp at times..

Do you have your bsn? Currently in school getting mine.

Maybe I'll tell a new doctor.. I was seeing this Dr. and he retired and closed his private practice. Before closing, I got s new prescription with 3 refills. I am now almost out and I need to find a new physician to continue care with.

If they ask me to fax records, I'll say they closed as he retired? I'll tell him I've been on this med for some time now and it has been working.

Does that seem legit?

No,You have things in place as a licensed physician for emergencies(personal) etc. You can't retire or even pass on for that matter and peoples charts/records are no longer available.A doctor wont buy that for a second.

And importation of NON -SCHEDULED drugs is not like importing scheduled drugs such as AAS and Narcotics.

As a cardiac nurse you should have health insurance and a primary care physician? why are you self medicating? why not have the cardiologist(or one at the facility you are employed) you work for treat your hypertension?

Last edited:
you could schedule an appt first and say you went to walgreen and checked your bp or had a new nursing asst on your unit practice bp readings on you and it was very high. Before the appt come off the meds cold turkey (maybe 1-2 days) and you should be good.

Than explain to the doctor that your a ccu nurse and you been researching whatever bp med your taking and see if he will prescribe it.

Last edited:
Most HTN pills work by slowing and actually killing the heart. You are assured of death from cardiac enlargement and left ventrical failure, and when you slow the heart, more swelling occurs,( less blood volume pushed thru the kidneys)so a diuretic soon becomes necessary.

I like IVL's natokinase with bonito fish peptides, natural BP reducers.
If you insist on BP meds, you better take Co Q10 100 mg, to offset pharmaceutical reaction of destroying it, as well as cytochrome p450!

And donate blood frequently.

Look it up. It is a better way to treat IMO.

Most HTN pills work by slowing and actually killing the heart. You are assured of death from cardiac enlargement and left ventrical failure, and when you slow the heart, more swelling occurs,( less blood volume pushed thru the kidneys)so a diuretic soon becomes necessary.

I like IVL's natokinase with bonito fish peptides, natural BP reducers.
If you insist on BP meds, you better take Co Q10 100 mg, to offset pharmaceutical reaction of destroying it, as well as cytochrome p450!

And donate blood frequently.

Look it up. It is a better way to treat IMO.

No ,not even remotely is this true.Many different categories of hypertension medicines and MOST work directly on blood vessels to relax and widen, making it easier for blood to flow through the vessels, which lowers blood pressure.Obviously diuretics etc.. work differently.Different combinations are prescribed based on tolerance and effectiveness .You are NOT "killing the heart".

Damn

No ,not even remotely is this true.Many different categories of hypertension medicines and MOST work directly on blood vessels to relax and widen, making it easier for blood to flow through the vessels, which lowers blood pressure.Obviously diuretics etc.. work differently.Different combinations are prescribed based on tolerance and effectiveness .You are NOT "killing the heart".

This is perfectly said. And no ur not killing the heart

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity