advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

VA doctor not cooperating. Second BP med after Losartan?

Josefein421

Registered
Newbies
I am on Losartan at 100mg/day. This works well but now BP has consistently been in the 148-152 systolic range. But VA doc I see for primary care is fussy and not wanting to adjust or add a second agent. She thinks cardio, back off heavy weights, blah blah. Yes the VA care sucks. But until this travel contract ends and I start my core staff position it's what I have.

I am taking...

Per day
75mg test enth
50 tren ace
50 mast prop
50 winstrol oral
7iu geno

It is most certainly the tren. I am holding very little visible water (massive amount less on pharma vs generic gh for me personally but that's another convo). Obviously I am not going to tell her about the tren. But I also don't want to go 6-8 weeks like this either.

Lot of guys love Telmisartan but I'm already on an ARB. I was thinking a calcium channel blocker like Norvasc. I am trying splitting my Losartan dose to 50am/50pm to see if that helps at all. Not sure if I can even source Norvasc or BP meds.

ideas besides being a huge pain in the ass to her? VA sucks. Only a short bit longer but I'd rather not be at risk. I'm a little older as is so trying to be health conscious as can be during this push.

Dude the VA is not the place to get meds. They really don't give a fuck. Best bet is to get outside and see a normal PCP. I'm at one of the 1% VA facilities that actually cares and listens. Do yourself a favor and go to a private doc.

I take Ace-I and calcium channel blocker

Like I said I'm working a travel contract for another 2 months. I'd have to buy my own insurance and I'm healthy otherwise and acute colds and stuff I don't mind the VA for. But yeah here lies the problem... management of chronic conditions. Anyway, I took a permanent staff position and will have insurance then.

Doing cardio. 35min 3x a week and 18 HIIT intervals twice a week. Probably the healthiest I've been cardiovascular wise (aside from this hypertension which I know the cause of).

I guess a better way to word my question...

How do you manage periods of high blood pressure when you know it is induced by gear but also that it is temporary like a prep or something?

I am on Losartan at 100mg/day. This works well but now BP has consistently been in the 148-152 systolic range. But VA doc I see for primary care is fussy and not wanting to adjust or add a second agent. She thinks cardio, back off heavy weights, blah blah. Yes the VA care sucks. But until this travel contract ends and I start my core staff position it's what I have.

I am taking...

Per day
75mg test enth
50 tren ace
50 mast prop
50 winstrol oral
7iu geno

It is most certainly the tren. I am holding very little visible water (massive amount less on pharma vs generic gh for me personally but that's another convo). Obviously I am not going to tell her about the tren. But I also don't want to go 6-8 weeks like this either.

Lot of guys love Telmisartan but I'm already on an ARB. I was thinking a calcium channel blocker like Norvasc. I am trying splitting my Losartan dose to 50am/50pm to see if that helps at all. Not sure if I can even source Norvasc or BP meds.

ideas besides being a huge pain in the ass to her? VA sucks. Only a short bit longer but I'd rather not be at risk. I'm a little older as is so trying to be health conscious as can be during this push.
Clearsky right here has amlodipine. Take about two weeks to get it. Maybe less

I struggled finding a BP med that worked for me. I tried HCTZ and spent all day peeing. Doc had me on Coreg, then Losartan and then Telmisartan at 80mg/day...barely moved my numbers.
People respond very differently to BP meds. I've been an RN for nearly 19 years and seen this first hand. My biochemistry for whatever reason responds well to Amlodipine (Norvasc). I'd advise you to keep a good BP log, watch your sodium intake and ask you VA doc to be patient while you find the med that works for YOU. If he/she is a good doc, your proactive approach should help you to gain their trust.

I am taking...

Per day
75mg test enth
50 tren ace
50 mast prop
50 winstrol oral
7iu geno

Lol, the VA sucks because you have high blood pressure on tren? C'mon....

I am taking...

Per day
75mg test enth
50 tren ace
50 mast prop
50 winstrol oral
7iu geno

The VA won’t even stress test me bc “ my heart sounds good”, my labs are good, and I exercise no nicotine or alcohol. I said I’m over 260lbs and you told me I’d be dead in a year in 2013 when my test level was checked without my consent and maxed the machine, now I’m too healthy for cal score, stress test or ekg and I’m on a CPAP the VA is fuck all. Yes it’s the tren and travel bro maybe half it and see if there’s a change. I assume you cardio 4/5 times a week.

I take losartan also. And 5mgs of amlodipine as well at night that keeps mine under control

You sir are retarded. And of course it’s the VAs fault. (I get to say this as I took care of y’all for half a decade.

Your BP is at organ damaging levels while maxed out on an ARB.

Yo know why your doc won’t add more meds? Because compete abolition of the RAAS cascade….there’s not a whole
Hell of a lot more we can do, than add beta or CCBs to lower cardiac output and HR.

Which is BAD for athletes BTW.

Drop the drugs that are driving sympathetic tone.

Fucking retard. Are you service connected? Spend that money on some
Agmantine or magnesium glycinate

Try asking them for 2.5mg of Nebilivol. I’ve yet to see any doctor deny a bodybuilder a beta blocker as it’s cardio protective and the doctor will feel like they’ve done their duty in “protecting” you since you’re irresponsible and using gear. 😂

You’re not asking for advice, but will say with that BP I would drop the tren and add cardio, but more importantly do a CPET test and CT calcium score (this at minimum). Stacking BP meds works, but remember it’s just masking something at the end of the day likely.

If you’re not stepping on stage for a pro card there’s no sense in risking compounds that spike BP IMO. Remember this sport is a long game or should be.

Try asking them for 2.5mg of Nebilivol. I’ve yet to see any doctor deny a bodybuilder a beta blocker as it’s cardio protective and the doctor will feel like they’ve done their duty in “protecting” you since you’re irresponsible and using gear. 😂

You’re not asking for advice, but will say with that BP I would drop the tren and add cardio, but more importantly do a CPET test and CT calcium score (this at minimum). Stacking BP meds works, but remember it’s just masking something at the end of the day likely.

Nebivolol is basically made for us. Beta1 selective, increases eNOS, increases total mortality outcomes….i love it. 5mg/40mg telimisartan. Kidneys will survive my ridiculousness lol

Nebivolol is basically made for us. Beta1 selective, increases eNOS, increases total mortality outcomes….i love it. 5mg/40mg telimisartan. Kidneys will survive my ridiculousness lol
It really is yet most cardiologist are clueless to it. I suggest most guys who run gear should use Nebilivol and Telimisartan at the lowest prescribed dosages simply for protective purposes.

But most doctors believe “a beta blocker is a beta blocker” so will prescribe it if you ask.

It really is yet most cardiologist are clueless to it. I suggest most guys who run gear should use Nebilivol and Telimisartan at the lowest prescribed dosages simply for protective purposes.

But most doctors believe “a beta blocker is a beta blocker” so will prescribe it if you ask.

The difference between non selective (propranolol, kinda selective metoprolol, and 3rd gen….nebivolol….sooo much difference.

Docs have to know a little about everything, a lot about nothing. You dig down into mechanisms of action and pharmacodynamics of each each drug, there are so many little things we could leverage towards our lifestyle

I am taking...

Per day
75mg test enth
50 tren ace
50 mast prop
50 winstrol oral
7iu geno

( I'm a little older as is so trying to be health ) then stop using 525mg test and 350mg tren per week, how old are you?

Wow lots of vitriol. I am surprised. As if those dosages are beyond what so many use here.

The VA does not suck because of my issue. The VA sucks for a host of other reasons that unless you have experienced them you wouldn't understand. Such as lack of access to care, poor quality providers, understreatment of some conditions and poly pharmacy leading to overdose in others.

I get it that it is the tren. Does no one else here use tren and get temporary high blood pressure? Does no one take aggressive cycles to compete, diet or grow... blast? I didn't think I was that out of line nor am I a "retard". I am doing more cardio than ever, almost leaner than ever and wanted to push for 7 more weeks. I just made a goal date and scheduled something and want to do my best. I have never gone above 1000mg test before. My BP is generally 118-126 systolic on my losartan.

I guess I was just asking for advice on temporary mitigation. This isn't a long term thing. Sorry to have offended so many.

( I'm a little older as is so trying to be health ) then stop using 525mg test and 350mg tren per week, how old are you?
I don't think it is the Test as much as that Tren making his BP spike. You are correct. Drop the Tren and lower Test.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear