over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT.. Way OT

ghostdog128

Registered
Who here is from Arizona or can give me any info on AZ, likes, dislikes, real estate prices, areas to considers etc.... I thinking of moving there from the Boston area. My girl wants to go to Charlotte NC, which I'm considering also because the real estate there is dirt cheap still.. but it still gets alittle cold in Charlotte in the winters which I don't want anymore. Any input would be appreciated, thanks..

I gotta tell you the winters havent been that bad in NC in a couple of years... I personally think traffic is hell in Charlotte too... Sorry I know this doesnt really help all that much!

Logan, when you say the winters haven't been bad what are we talking about for temperature? I have cold induced asthma so anything under say 40 degrees and I'm done no matter how much of my meds I take..

I live in sw fla. Ft. Myers, Naples area. I moved here 10yrs. ago from nw pa. Anyway, it is awesome here. I live on the water and 3 minutes from the beach. It is normally an expensive place to live but...right now the real estate is quite a bargain. There are about 45 thousand homes for sale way below market value. My cousin just purchased a house for 275.000k that he bought from a foreclosure. The house was appraised at 625,000 just last August. It is 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath with a really nice pool on a lake.
The weather is awesome here! Today's high is 85deg. There is always something to do and the keys, Miami, Tampa,Orlando are not far away. We go to s. beach a lot. Check it out!

Charlotte

Charlotte might have one day in winter with snow flurries. Charlotte is nice cuz it gets all 4 seasons and is close to the mountains and the beach.

BTW Logan is right, the traffic infrastructure in Charlotte really sucks

I live in sw fla. Ft. Myers, Naples area. I moved here 10yrs. ago from nw pa. Anyway, it is awesome here. I live on the water and 3 minutes from the beach. It is normally an expensive place to live but...right now the real estate is quite a bargain. There are about 45 thousand homes for sale way below market value. My cousin just purchased a house for 275.000k that he bought from a foreclosure. The house was appraised at 625,000 just last August. It is 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath with a really nice pool on a lake.
The weather is awesome here! Today's high is 85deg. There is always something to do and the keys, Miami, Tampa,Orlando are not far away. We go to s. beach a lot. Check it out!

Thanks bro, I lived in Orlando for years. My girl won't go anywhere near FL otherwise I'd be back there in a heartbeat. I loved it down there, just can't get her to go there.

anything on Az?

Amen Brother! We will be joining you somewhere in Florida. : ) Winter just ins't for us. Florida is paradise. Between the beautiful palm trees, warm green water and white sandy beaches who could ask for any place more perfect. Oh yea constant sunshine. I'm sure Arizona is nice and dry but you need the ocean.

Last edited:
i live outside of charlotte in union county....id advise that unless you really want the "living in the city" experience. union county is still cheap and has a great school system...its close enough to charlotte...20 minute drive (about an hour in the morning with traffic)

i love it here...and the weather hasnt been bad during the winter in a couple years....

Yeah

Dont move to Arizona. The place sucks, they give out time like candy. You dont know hell untill you been in Sheriffs Joes meth hell jails. The place is riddled with meth problems. Move there at your own peril, you have been warned. The got a saying in Zona, go to Arizona on vacation, get on probation, come back on violation.

I live in AZ(Gilbert). I have lived in Maryland, Miami, and traveled a lot of the other states as well. I can't say that there is any other place in the country that I would even consider living in. The only major downfall here is that I miss the beach. There is just something about the lifestyle here that you can't put into words that is so much different than any place else.

Really the only time this year it has gotten below 40 degrees here is during the night. Last year there were not many days below the 40's and I think there was 1 maybe 2 snow flurries but thats it

Az is my favorite place I've ever lived and I've moved around a lot. It's sucks here if you don't like sunshine and great weather. Yeah it gets hot in the summer, but honestly after your first summer you get used to it. All I have to say is I'm typing all of this overlooking the pool sitting on the padio in warm up pants and a tank. Yeah, that's right in NOVEMBER.

I have family in AZ and I have always had a great time and the weather is always great like Dusty said.

Az is my favorite place I've ever lived and I've moved around a lot. It's sucks here if you don't like sunshine and great weather. Yeah it gets hot in the summer, but honestly after your first summer you get used to it. All I have to say is I'm typing all of this overlooking the pool sitting on the padio in warm up pants and a tank. Yeah, that's right in NOVEMBER.

Dusty, what are the real estate prices like there? Say for a one or two bedroom condo, and what areas are worth looking at.. I'm an RN so I make good money but I can't afford a 500k mortgage like it is here in Boston.

I live in Philly so I cant give you any real life experiences but here is a link from Craigslist in their realestate section so you can get an idea of what some places are going for. Also this is in and around Phoenix area

**broken link removed**

Dusty, what are the real estate prices like there? Say for a one or two bedroom condo, and what areas are worth looking at.. I'm an RN so I make good money but I can't afford a 500k mortgage like it is here in Boston.

It really depends on what part of the valley you are wanting to live in. When people say they live in Phoenix they are usually including Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, etc.. as being part of Phoenix because they are all so close. The good news is that it is a buyers market so a lot of people are fucked and need out. I know that is a harsh way of putting it but it's true. You can easily get into a nice two bedroom condo for between $220,000 and $400,000 depending on how nice and where. Hell in I have a frind that just bought a really nice place in Chandler that's about 2200SF with a pool vaulted ceilings, tile throughout, full landscaping, etc for $320,000. As you can see that's much cheaper than Boston.

Best advice I can give you is move to north Scottsdale, up on the mountain is where I live and the views are awesome plus its like its own village up here, I have gate keys to 3 rec centers with pools, water slides, bb courts, gym, library ect, weather is great 8 months outta the year then its hot but i like wearing flip flops and tank tops so its perfect for me, houses up north range from 500k to the millions but its well worth it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131