over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Heath doesn't wear a CPAP

8 hours of sleep each night is a ridiculous notion, it's a fact that humans still have no scientific theory or factual explanation of why and how we sleep. All we know is that we need sleep because we get tired, and without sleep we will eventually die. I personally sleep 4-5 hours a night during the week, and as much as I feel like on the weekend. I never feel better or have more energy when I get more sleep.
Same here....4-5 hours of sleep all through high school, college, and now. Parents told me I didn't sleep much when younger.

I've had numerous sleep studies done through the years with no issues. I've been with the same doctor for the last 20+ years and he told me that everyone is different.

If I sleep longer than 5.5 hours tops....I feel like crap. I wake up on my own naturally after 4-5 hours of sleep.....and I'm ready to get up and start the day.

On the weekends if I force it and try to sleep longer....I just end up with a headache generally.

My doc just told me until it started affecting me mentally and physically....then not to worry about it.

My wife on the other hand needs at least 9 hours...or she just can't function.

Maybe it's because of the level of sleep I get into....but I haven't seen any negative effects so far from only sleeping 5 hours.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

sleep is wonderful now!

I had complete internal nasal reconstruction in Nov 2016 and it changed my life.
i couldnt breathe thru my nose so would snore BAD and wake up choking and feeling full blown panic attack. Never could get to deep sleep. Would only sleep 2-3 hrs at a time at most then wake up.

Once my nose recovered from surgery I slept thru the night for first time in prob 20 years. it was AWESOME. didnt realize what i was missing. Honestly, now i sleep WAY too much. its like one of my fave things to do.

If you are having trouble sleeping. look up what bad sleep can do to your health and bet you get motivated to fix it. totally worth it.
-F2S

Took me forever to get used to my cpap, now I have a difficult time falling asleep without it. Once that pressure locks in, I'm out within 5 minutes, every time.

Ronnie stated he only ever got 5-6 hours in several videos.

I can’t imagine many get a good sleep during prep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah and Jay Cutler said in a video he only gets 3hrs but naps throughout the day.

guys focus on intra shakes, peptide timing, time under tension then totally forgo the staples like sleep. I picked up about 6-8lbs of very solid weight years ago when I started CPAP just from removing/eliminating apnea episodes. I now routinely incur less than 5 episodes per night at a fairly short 240lbs, lol.

Yep...I put on 13lbs my first month on CPAP (while on 150/wk test only). I went from 150/hr episodes to 1-2/hr.

I think sleep needs depend a lot on overall "stress" in life (of which training factors into that considerably).

Yeah and Jay Cutler said in a video he only gets 3hrs but naps throughout the day.

Jay slept 9-10 hours religiously when he was younger, and trying to grow, and progress at the rate he did.

He would train twice a day, and take naps, and eat in between all day.

Later on with his supplement line, and commitments to attend events; he started sleeping less, and it did have an impact on his competitive career according to him.

Same here....4-5 hours of sleep all through high school, college, and now. Parents told me I didn't sleep much when younger.

I've had numerous sleep studies done through the years with no issues. I've been with the same doctor for the last 20+ years and he told me that everyone is different.

If I sleep longer than 5.5 hours tops....I feel like crap. I wake up on my own naturally after 4-5 hours of sleep.....and I'm ready to get up and start the day.

On the weekends if I force it and try to sleep longer....I just end up with a headache generally.

My doc just told me until it started affecting me mentally and physically....then not to worry about it.

Maybe it's because of the level of sleep I get into....but I haven't seen any negative effects so far from only sleeping 5 hours.

I'm the opposite. 4-5 hours and I'm completely useless all day

Yep...I put on 13lbs my first month on CPAP (while on 150/wk test only). I went from 150/hr episodes to 1-2/hr.

I think sleep needs depend a lot on overall "stress" in life (of which training factors into that considerably).

Interesting that you guys got AAS cycle-like results just from better sleep with a CPAP lol

Took me forever to get used to my cpap, now I have a difficult time falling asleep without it. Once that pressure locks in, I'm out within 5 minutes, every time.

I’m having a hard time finding my right pressure which is making it difficult to use the device and mask. Had a sleep study and they recommended 4-15. But 15, I’m still gasping for air. 20 is way to much. I also have the airsense 10 autoset.

I’ve ordered a mouth guard(VitalSleep) to try, and my snoring has got out of control and I’m really having a difficult time getting air in, which is making my snore sounds absolutely intolerable for my fiancé.

Interesting that you guys got AAS cycle-like results just from better sleep with a CPAP lol

Blew my mind at the time, but makes sense when I think about it. How many years was I chronically sleep deprived (even sleeping 10+hrs a day)? Dropped my BP, LDL, TG, and blood glucose too. Best decision I ever made.

Snoring is an indication of apnea. But how many times you quit breathing is the real test, at least that is what it was when I had my sleep study done about 20 years ago. I had the surgery to correct it and it made a big difference. And getting a divorce sine there was no wife to wake me up all the time to get me to stop snoring.....GF's seem to deal with snoring better..:)

Man I envy you. I would love to be able to function on 4-5 hours of sleep a night. That's an extra 3 or 4 hours day to get shit done.

Just for everyone information, there are OTHER REMEDIES used to treat sleep apnea other than a CPAP.....

I have moderate sleep apnea and was advised by a leading sleep Dr that most sleep apnea patients DO NOT need one. It's mostly given as an option because most sleep Dr's arent up to date on any other alternatives.

I was given 2 unique mouthguards that force you to sleep with an underbite—basically shifting your lower jaw forward to open your airway. Helped my sleep aprea 10fold.

Just for everyone information, there are OTHER REMEDIES used to treat sleep apnea other than a CPAP.....

I have moderate sleep apnea and was advised by a leading sleep Dr that most sleep apnea patients DO NOT need one. It's mostly given as an option because most sleep Dr's arent up to date on any other alternatives.

I was given 2 unique mouthguards that force you to sleep with an underbite—basically shifting your lower jaw forward to open your airway. Helped my sleep aprea 10fold.

Which mouth guards were recommended?

Snoring is an indication of apnea. But how many times you quit breathing is the real test, at least that is what it was when I had my sleep study done about 20 years ago. I had the surgery to correct it and it made a big difference. And getting a divorce sine there was no wife to wake me up all the time to get me to stop snoring.....GF's seem to deal with snoring better..:)

I just got my sleep study results back today and my new CPAP machine. I stopped breathing 82 times for 10 seconds or more in a 60 minute period. Wearing that thing to sleep is going to be tough getting used to but I believe all the benefits will out weight the negatives.

I just got my sleep study results back today and my new CPAP machine. I stopped breathing 82 times for 10 seconds or more in a 60 minute period. Wearing that thing to sleep is going to be tough getting used to but I believe all the benefits will out weight the negatives.

get a script for ambien to help you adjust.

they most likely will write you one

mine was extremely bad and apparently really the only thing limiting me with all other variables in place ie. food, training, supplementation. increased recovery (deep REM/stage 4) = increased growth

I was taught by a powerlifter (video somewhere online) to unhook your mask from the machine and go in the bathroom and look at yourself with the mask on. sounds silly, yes. but most guys fight the mask because they feel anxious, uncomfortable, etc with it on. if you see yourself with it on and relax and see that your not drowning, suffocating, or in a total panic you'll be more relaxed when you lay down in bed with it on.

become one with the mask.:D

Man some of you guys have some crazy sleep apnea. My respritory therapist said 60 was one of the worst he has seen . I was officially diagnosed and been trying to use my apap for the last 3 nights. It's difficult to get used to... I only had 15 episodes an hr and feel tired all the time. I wonder how you guys feel! Haha

I’m having a hard time finding my right pressure which is making it difficult to use the device and mask. Had a sleep study and they recommended 4-15. But 15, I’m still gasping for air. 20 is way to much. I also have the airsense 10 autoset.

I’ve ordered a mouth guard(VitalSleep) to try, and my snoring has got out of control and I’m really having a difficult time getting air in, which is making my snore sounds absolutely intolerable for my fiancé.

Mine is set on auto and starts at 4 and is usually only at 5.5 at the end of the night, should it be higher? When I diddnt have it set to auto it was on 12 and was very powerful I can't imagine any higher.
I have a resmed air sense 10

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner