over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Philadelphia Eagles = Michael Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOMSHAKER

Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Well boys and girls I now know why we have a love hate relationship here in Philly with every single one of our sports teams! We didn't learn our F@CKING lesson with Terrell Owens, so we stuck the knife deeper in our backs and just signed Michael Vick! If the Eagles wanted every national football TV station on them. They just got it!

Somebody please get rid of Andy Reed for me! PLEASE!

(not sure of all the details yet, just heard it during our preseason game. Live on ABC)

Well boys and girls I now know why we have a love hate relationship here in Philly with every single one of our sports teams! We didn't learn our F@CKING lesson with Terrell Owens, so we stuck the knife deeper in our backs and just signed Michael Vick! If the Eagles wanted every national football TV station on them. They just got it!

Somebody please get rid of Andy Reed for me! PLEASE!

(not sure of all the details yet, just heard it during our preseason game. Live on ABC)

thought he was going to that new UFL league? wow I'm surprised at this!

BOOMSHAKER, I guess you can look at the bright side, it's only for 1 yr. :D

UPDATE: 2 year deal prob wont be reinstated til week 6.

2 year deal:

1.6 mil in year 1

5 mil for year 2

Don't know what if any is guaranteed.......

Love this move by my birds. vick is a weapon. andy reid is a genius at creating personal mismatches. our offense is gonna be sick. he will play the last 2 preseason games and his suspension is max 6 games. im thinking it will be 2 or 3. we love the bad guy when hes on OUR team. he will be embraced by football fans. the bandwagon peeps wont like it. hate terrell owens all you want, he is top 3 in the nfl. we would be much better if andy and company made that work.

^^misunderstood the suspension. but why would they let him play 2 preseason games and then suspend him for at least the first 6?

interesting to see what this will do for the birds...

interesting to see what this will do for the birds...

They said he being brought in as the BACK UP to Mcnabb.So unless Mcnabb goes down it won't have an immediate impact except for the increase in media/drama etc..

I personally love this signing.. I am big vick fan, and think the Eagles just stole Mcnabbs replacement.. people can ridicule him for what he did, but in most cultures what he did is common.. atlanta was stupid for letting him go, you say what you want, but he will bring in the fans and money for the eagles.. their cash cow has arrived, mcnabb better fill up on his chunky soup, he will need it this winter.. dec.6th, vick gets to play atlanta, and that is going to be the most watched football game this year...

No matter how you view what he was "accused" of doing... Vick is a damn good football player. I think any team would be lucky to sign him... for two reasons, he is very good .. and second, the publicity will obviously sell more tickets.
Personally i think he got fucked in the ass and made an example of. There are alot worse things NFL players are known for doing... or have done that didnt get near the publicity and punishment Vick got.

I just cant understand how being accused of dog fights can effect an NFL carrier. It should have been taken care of in private... and NO i do not think he deserved one minute in prison. Thats bullshit.
I mean, i love dogs as much as he next person but they are always going to be nothing more then animals. If those dogs where wild and free they would have fought to the death anyway... its the nature of the beast.

Ahhhh whatever... Vick deserved a home - our judicial system already fucked him... i say let him play. I say give him millions... i say fuck those peta ranting hypocrites.... let him do what he does best... PLAY FOOTBALL.

BTW.. I am not in anyway a Philly fan. I am hardcore Miami Dolphins.... no matter what team i pull for..... i would be thrilled to have Vic on my team.

No matter how you view what he was "accused" of doing... Vick is a damn good football player. I think any team would be lucky to sign him... for two reasons, he is very good .. and second, the publicity will obviously sell more tickets.
Personally i think he got fucked in the ass and made an example of. There are alot worse things NFL players are known for doing... or have done that didnt get near the publicity and punishment Vick got.

I just cant understand how being accused of dog fights can effect an NFL carrier. It should have been taken care of in private... and NO i do not think he deserved one minute in prison. Thats bullshit.
I mean, i love dogs as much as he next person but they are always going to be nothing more then animals. If those dogs where wild and free they would have fought to the death anyway... its the nature of the beast.

Ahhhh whatever... Vick deserved a home - our judicial system already fucked him... i say let him play. I say give him millions... i say fuck those peta ranting hypocrites.... let him do what he does best... PLAY FOOTBALL.

dude, being convicted of a felony affects ANY career, why would working for the nfl be any different? (dont believe me, go commit one and serve time for it and see if your employer or any employer for that matter wants you back) and honestly, what he did is against the law for a reason, animals obviously cant stand up for themselves in the same way humans can - that is why they are protected and there is a HUGE difference between fights in the wild and this dogfighting scenario - that comparison is ludicrous its survival vs. sick pleasure for people give me a break.. he didnt even get that harsh of a sentence, pretty much a slap on the wrist, if you or i were convicted on the same charges, you think we would have been so lucky? can you afford that lawyer, i know i cant...

that being said, the man paid his dues and i say let him back in let him play, and let him live the rest of his life, i dont think he should have some scarlet letter branded on him, hes a person just like all of us and made a mistake, paid for it, and now we should let him move on..

Last edited:
I certainly don't think atlanta was stupid for letting him go since noe they have a quarterback.Vick is a talented athlete,but no QB.I had season tickets the whole time he was here and wtched countless times him overthrowing or under throwing recievers.As soon as a defender got in the backfield ,he took off when the recievers were open so goodbye

I certainly don't think atlanta was stupid for letting him go since noe they have a quarterback.Vick is a talented athlete,but no QB.I had season tickets the whole time he was here and wtched countless times him overthrowing or under throwing recievers.As soon as a defender got in the backfield ,he took off when the recievers were open so goodbye

He's so quick out of the pocket its crazy... But from an economic standpoint thats a great deal considering he used to be the highest paid quarterback in the NFL.

MY TAKE

The eagles organization knows something that we don't know! I'm a eagles fan and Donovan has he's work cut out for him. Vick has been in jail for 23 months though and I don't think he's in footbal shape! You know there's being in shape and there's football shape. This could benefit the eagles or it could shoot them in the foot! And what about Ackers, missing critical field goals AGAIN!!!!!!

The eagles organization knows something that we don't know.........

I believe they will find a way to implement him into the offense immediately.....maybe not a QB, but he is a damn athlete and I feel they could benefit from playing him in receiver / rb type role as well as occasionally throwing the ball. Either way it should be interesting.

what baffals me in the whole thing is that Vick spent two years in prison for dog fighting. I'm ok with that but I feel like he's paid his debt and yet people are in an uprawr over him playing again.
What about Dante Stallworth? He was driving under the influence of alcohol and marajuana and ran a man over with his car killing him and spent all of 24 days in jail for it. I don't hear much public outcry over that.

what baffals me in the whole thing is that Vick spent two years in prison for dog fighting. I'm ok with that but I feel like he's paid his debt and yet people are in an uprawr over him playing again.
What about Dante Stallworth? He was driving under the influence of alcohol and marajuana and ran a man over with his car killing him and spent all of 24 days in jail for it. I don't hear much public outcry over that.

Thank you! I agree. Leave Vick alone.

I believe they will find a way to implement him into the offense immediately.....maybe not a QB, but he is a damn athlete and I feel they could benefit from playing him in receiver / rb type role as well as occasionally throwing the ball. Either way it should be interesting.

Yea I wonder about this as well. The guy can move. If McNabb stays healthy and they don't need Vick to QB then it would be a waste not to work him in somewhere else.

Could you imagine him on kick return? It would be like Reggie Bush when he was with USC.

I hope this guy does amazing. I am not even a fan of his game, I respect him as an amazing athelete but I dont care for his style of QB.
He made some bad decisions....he isnt the first and for sure not the last, so I would like to see him learn from his mistake and excel again in life and sports.
I have to figure the Eagles got a great deal here....the fact that my steelers were entertaining the idea of picking him up makes me believe this guy is remorseful for his wrongs, paid his debt finacially as well as jail time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear