over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Philadelphia Eagles = Michael Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
like ive said in a previous post, you can kill humans and wave around guns in a nightclub, shoot up the staff with your friends, and keep on playing but kill an animal or 2 and get 2 years? The message is all wrong.

Regardless of who killed what, its a job, period!!!!! Why shouldn't these people be allowed to work? They served time by judges that we as a society vote into power so how the fuck can anyone complain?

Eagles are genius, what else did they have going for them? Get ready for McNabb to move on down to 2nd string by the end of the year.

i would take him on my team in a second! he is the best athlete on the field and for people to say they wouldnt want him are frickin insane-lets see what they say when he does his thing on the field..wish my cowboys would have went after him. vick is so dynamic he can def be used more than just a QB and i still feel he is a pro bowler at that position. i would of liked to see him not come to the NFC East LOL cowboys, eagles, redskins, giants-best conference in football...

Oh boy...I knew this was gonna be a hot one the moment I saw the topic line.

JJ is entitled to his opinion, no matter what anyone else might think about them. I don't necessarily agree with many of his points in this particular post. I like dogs...had many of them as pets...but at the end of the day, they are still animals...that in other countries are found to be rather tasty.

That being said...what he did was a felony and during the onset lied and tried to cover everything up. That is why I believe he served as much time as he did...that and to be made an example of.

He never showed any remorse for his actions...which is what many were looking for, from Goddell and the courts. That is his choice, but those who are in power to control one's density look for these small changes to see if he's learned from his mistake. He has since then...but had it been done earlier, chances are he would have served less time, and would have been embraced by other teams upon his departure of the penal system.

He served his time, per the court, and IMHO should be allowed to carry on with whatever job career he should choose to pursue. My brother served years for moving a white powdery substance for distribution. Was caught, charged, served his time, and by God's grace is one of the top sales people worldwide, in one of the two largest software companies in the world.

Had he not been given a second chance...God only knows where he would have ended up. Vick will never end up enshrined in the HOF...but he is a weapon that i'm sure the Eagles will use endlessly.

Live and let live...or whatever. I need to go find a tree to chop down...

I was born in Philly, lived there till 9(then the philly burbs till present) & have been a Philly fan My whole life...here in Philly We love our athletes that have colorful histories off the field(regret bending over to get them yrs later)....Charles Barkley, Eric Lindros, Allen Iverson, Terrell Owens & now Vick....atleast the Phillies usually have a clean slate

JJ---

I'm sure you've seen the Peta shirt stating

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Cracks me up...

Or, If God did want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them into meat.

I'm a lifelong Eagles fan. I absolutely abhor what Vick did and believe he deserved his punishment. That being said I truly believe he paid dearly for what he did and like all people deserves a second chance.
If he is truly repentent and helps fight abuse of animals like he is doing and does all the right things he will get at least my forgiveness.

As far as the poster who thinks these dogs would do the exact same thing in the wild is clueless. Animals very seldom fight to the death or even fight. A pecking order is established and only when males very close in strength may occasionally fight over females or territory. Thats a far cry from feeding them gunpowder and forcing them to fight for the enjoyment of people who are cowards themselves.

Well boys and girls I now know why we have a love hate relationship here in Philly with every single one of our sports teams! We didn't learn our F@CKING lesson with Terrell Owens, so we stuck the knife deeper in our backs and just signed Michael Vick! If the Eagles wanted every national football TV station on them. They just got it!

Somebody please get rid of Andy Reed for me! PLEASE!

(not sure of all the details yet, just heard it during our preseason game. Live on ABC)
mike vick is the most exciting player in the nfl today.......if mcnabb doesn't work out.......you will see the eagles get a second gear.......no one runs like vick.......the man is capable of a 70 yard pass.....great arm strength!!!!

he doesn't want to do anything risky and probably appreciates a second chance......he will do fine for the eagles......how many guys get released from prison only to sign a contract for a million and change......believe me.... vick won't screw this up......and if mcnabb can't get in a groove.....mike may be the person to ignite this offense......just my opinion though......very glad mike is getting another shot!!!!

JJ---

I'm sure you've seen the Peta shirt stating

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Cracks me up...

Or, If God did want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them into meat.

LOL... i need one of those shirts bro!

I agree... this subject is "food for thought"... ha ha

Anyway, thanks for the nice words but im sorry to inform you... now you must be considered a "Zero" :rolleyes: like me:D

Its real simple. The man did some really inhuman acts to animals. Very dispicable in the least. No aminal should be treated like that. slamming them to the ground, electrocuting them to death, just becuase they didnt fight well. Just some really sick shit. However, the man has paid his debt to society and will continue to do so for the rest of his life as a convicted felon. His reputation is tarnished, lost millions while in jail and has since trying to make right by his wrongs. I say give the man another chance. Isnt that what this country and people are supposed to do?? if he scews up again then he is just another dipshit athlete. For now he has paid his debt and deserves another chance. I hope he takes this chance and does rigth by it. Life will not be so giving if he fucks up again.

now you must be considered a "Zero" :rolleyes: like me:D

Trust me bro...i've been considered a lot worse. ;) Read my prior post that Chris250 has out there to give you an idea... :p

Its real simple. The man did some really inhuman acts to animals. Very dispicable in the least. No aminal should be treated like that. slamming them to the ground, electrocuting them to death, just becuase they didnt fight well. Just some really sick shit. However, the man has paid his debt to society and will continue to do so for the rest of his life as a convicted felon. His reputation is tarnished, lost millions while in jail and has since trying to make right by his wrongs. I say give the man another chance. Isnt that what this country and people are supposed to do?? if he scews up again then he is just another dipshit athlete. For now he has paid his debt and deserves another chance. I hope he takes this chance and does rigth by it. Life will not be so giving if he fucks up again.

Good post Mav...dead on (no pun intended) with the results and his future should he blow his second chance. A guy like this, with his God given talent better recognize now what a blessing it is to be able to play a sport making millions...otherwise, he'll end up kissing it all goodbye with another foolish decision.

peace

So the guy FUC%KED UP he did his crime did the time,lost millions in advertising let him be .

I wish that I could have put my feelings into these words. Well put Maverick!

We should all be free to post our opinions so here's mine-a brief summary.

I am glad Vick is getting a second chance, and I hope he does very well.
all though it's died down a lot there was a huge mess of hate on the boards calling for his death, problem is none of these people would have the stones to pull the switch. Now that he's back we'll see what happens. He doesn't owe anyone anything, but he must play the part now of a rehabilitated inmate cast back into the public life.

He was not SOLELY responsible he didn't personally kill or wound or mame all those dogs-but he took all of the fall for it. If his "boys" didn't sing, feds had NADA.

Same with Balco-FEDs had nothing with out rats. Many people have been affected or fallen by Raw Deal and Operation Gear Grinder and the steroid persecution that has been going on since anablition started in 1990.

Like the anti-steroid mission our government thinks they are under to save our children, they bent to the public outcry to persecute Vick.
No matter what anyone beleives he was tried and convicted and did his sentence he LOST almost everything if not more, now it's his chance to rise from the ashes.

He's gone from a falcon to an eagle perhaps he will be a phoenix on his way back up.

Forgive or hate him it's your choice.

I seriously don't know what all the fuss is about. He's not that great of a QB. Wow he can run the ball, so can Mcnabb. Guy has an arm but if your intended receiver can't catch the ball, that pretty much does no one any good.

No matter how you view what he was "accused" of doing... Vick is a damn good football player. I think any team would be lucky to sign him... for two reasons, he is very good .. and second, the publicity will obviously sell more tickets.
Personally i think he got fucked in the ass and made an example of. There are alot worse things NFL players are known for doing... or have done that didnt get near the publicity and punishment Vick got.

I just cant understand how being accused of dog fights can effect an NFL carrier. It should have been taken care of in private... and NO i do not think he deserved one minute in prison. Thats bullshit.
I mean, i love dogs as much as he next person but they are always going to be nothing more then animals. If those dogs where wild and free they would have fought to the death anyway... its the nature of the beast.

Ahhhh whatever... Vick deserved a home - our judicial system already fucked him... i say let him play. I say give him millions... i say fuck those peta ranting hypocrites.... let him do what he does best... PLAY FOOTBALL.

BTW.. I am not in anyway a Philly fan. I am hardcore Miami Dolphins.... no matter what team i pull for..... i would be thrilled to have Vic on my team.

Great post. Totally agree.

Ironically very liberal PETA types seemingly will abort a child at the drop of a hat but hug a tree, save the spotted owl and embrace their pooches instead. Strange.

I think Vick deserves a second chance and time to grow more etc. This is a great move and COULD very well turn into something incredible for the Eagles as well.

all though it's died down a lot there was a huge mess of hate on the boards calling for his death, problem is none of these people would have the stones to pull the switch. Now that he's back we'll see what happens. He doesn't owe anyone anything, but he must play the part now of a rehabilitated inmate cast back into the public life.

He was not SOLELY responsible he didn't personally kill or wound or mame all those dogs-but he took all of the fall for it. If his "boys" didn't sing, feds had NADA.

Same with Balco-FEDs had nothing with out rats. Many people have been affected or fallen by Raw Deal and Operation Gear Grinder and the steroid persecution that has been going on since anablition started in 1990.

Like the anti-steroid mission our government thinks they are under to save our children, they bent to the public outcry to persecute Vick.
No matter what anyone beleives he was tried and convicted and did his sentence he LOST almost everything if not more, now it's his chance to rise from the ashes.

He's gone from a falcon to an eagle perhaps he will be a phoenix on his way back up.

Well stated. :D

I like your views on things more and more, especially as I grow.

The man deserves a 2nd chance. Shit I raise more dogs than anyone here I would venture to guess and they are pits to boot. I wouldn't be too happy if someone killed one of my dogs, but I do't know if I would kill them. I would probably put the boots to them a bit but death is pretty harsh.

The only second chance this POS should get is running footballs through hell.

WTF is wrong with this country? Jackson can sing and dance so lets forget about him being a child rapist. Vick can play football so lets forget the fact he is a POS animal killer too...WHAT????

JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN RUN REAL FAST SHOULDNT MEAN YOU GET A PASS FOR KILLING ANIMALS FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN PROFIT...

Ill give him a second chance...make sure he dont put mustard on my quarter pounder with cheese....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear