YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Physical Therapists on here! Recommend US machine for home.

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I was suffering from a tennis elbow for a while. I went to Ultrasound therapy with an occupational therapist. I was skeptical but the pain did improve. Now it could be coincidence but I think the US had something to do with it cause it wasn’t improving for WEEKS.

I want to invest in a home unit for self use for minor injury. It this something a “dummy” can operate or do I have to be a rocket scientist and know the exact frequency blah blah.

if former can you point me to a good home unit. That would be 100-300$ ish range .

Thank you

Ultrasound has some mixed reviews in our practice.

however if you are sold on it, you can operate it easy. Just need to know the parameters.

However if you are my patient or my buddy, I am advising you to save your money And stick with the basics for medial epicondylatis.

protect, rest, ice, compression then focus on eccentrics for wrist extension, flex ion, probation and supination.

It’s inflammation so rest is your best friend.

I work in a rehab clinic; most of the stim and US machines are pretty bullshit imo for chronic stuff

You feel better for the time, so if that's what you're after, you can prob find one

Half these injuries just heal with time and rest, but people correlate this extra stuff to having some significant utility because it's being used during that time period

Trust me. I was trying to be very objective and i went in it, thinking well its going to be a waste of copay, and my time driving as well sitting during the session. However something that was not going away for 12+ weeks despite trying multiple things rest, eccentrics (tyler twists), icing, electric stim etc, went away significantly within days. I mean yeh it could be coincidence, but hmm...

I would listen to the folks who actually work in the field but if you insist you can find a used medical grade US machine on Craigslist for around $250-$400

Ultrasound has some mixed reviews in our practice.

however if you are sold on it, you can operate it easy. Just need to know the parameters.

However if you are my patient or my buddy, I am advising you to save your money And stick with the basics for medial epicondylatis.

protect, rest, ice, compression then focus on eccentrics for wrist extension, flex ion, probation and supination.

It’s inflammation so rest is your best friend. examples of therapist sites
I’m wondering if anyone on here is a PT and if you’ve been able to work knees over toes into your work. I’m in the early stages of recovery from a knee reconstruction. I am not ready for the gym yet, but I have been incorporating backward walking and it feels good.

I’m wondering if anyone on here is a PT and if you’ve been able to work knees over toes into your work. I’m in the early stages of recovery from a knee reconstruction. I am not ready for the gym yet, but I have been incorporating backward walking and it feels good.

Are you referring to the guy on instagram knees over toes or whatever it is?

Did you have a Total Knee Replacement?

You should be focusing on terminal knee extension early on, lots of active bending with some overpressure to work on knee flexion, and functional movements early on.

Get yourself a good PT that will work one on one with you in a gym setting. For the terminal knee extension you can push the sled and put a band around the sled and the surgical leg to help with terminal knee extension as well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws